Print

Author Topic: Mario Haters...Why do they have to be so mean?  (Read 41062 times)

« on: May 12, 2006, 11:08:56 PM »
I hate Mario haters this may be a bad topic but it sounded like something to discuss. I hate it when people make fun of me because I'm a Mario fan they say hes to "Kiddy." What are your feelings about this?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 08:59:09 AM by neotev »
SSBB theme lyrics: I'll be the Marth, Luigi noob, This is Yoshi's B, This monkey wants to hug him. I'll heat the duck, Uigi noob, pooped through the dress this monkey wears to work.

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 11:10:14 PM »
My feelings are... [I can't stand them]. Same opinion as yours.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 08:46:46 PM by smfan1085 »
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 11:27:50 PM »
who cares if mario games are kiddy? people are forgetting that videogames are made for fun. it doesnt have to have an epic story and ridiculously violent. 

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 11:29:12 PM »
To be honest, I've never, ever met a real, honest-to-life Mario hater.  Everyone seems to love him.  What kind of people are you hanging around?  They sound like kids struggling with their self-image.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2006, 09:01:25 AM »
I've never met one either.  Many of the kids I've met have played a Mario game at least once, and they enjoyed it.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2006, 09:24:37 AM »
When I was a youngun, I had a few kids who would make fun of me for being a Mario fan, but they seemed to only do that because they couldn't think of anything else to make fun of me about. Somehow, I think they were having a self image problem. Most kids I knew did.

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2006, 11:26:47 AM »
I think Mario haters can hate Mario if they want to.

There was an argument on people being able to have their opinions on something close to this before, but I don't want to relive stupid arguments I'm just going to win again, though.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2006, 11:37:04 AM »
I hate Mario haters too, but I made the mistake of trying to make the Mario Haters like Mario when I was in middle school.
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2006, 01:46:57 PM »
Practically everyone I know likes Mario, just because there's no big reason to hate him.  Even some of my friends, who prefer x-box more than any other console, say that they think Mario is perhaps the greatest video game character ever.
Even though they (probably) prefer Halo to Super Mario 64, Master Chief is just such an unoriginal character, that they can't help but go with Mario on that argument. 
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 01:48:48 PM by The Blue Toad »
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2006, 03:15:22 PM »
There's no readon to hate people who hate Mario. It's just their opinion. You can like what you like and others can like what they like.

The only thing I detest is people who hate something without something to back it up.

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2006, 03:54:38 PM »
I agree Aarom...but I've never seen anyone hate Mario either. So I wouldn't know, but yeah people get their opinions even if they are crap.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2006, 07:15:09 PM »
Yeah, I almost got into a fight with someone that thinks SSBB is gonna be subpar.  I walked away cause the guy was just a butt-hole.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2006, 07:34:52 PM »
I think Mario haters can hate Mario if they want to.

There was an argument on people being able to have their opinions on something close to this before, but I don't want to relive stupid arguments I'm just going to win again, though.

Well, obviously, they can choose to have that opinion, but [their opinion is still contemptible]. [Anyone's opinion is contemptible] who hates a character that there's nothing objectionable about.

You didn't win that argument, by the way. It was just cut short because it was becoming too nasty (and I admit that I was acting that way myself).
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 08:50:14 PM by smfan1085 »

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2006, 09:19:09 PM »
Okay guys. Some people that hate Mario are my friends. You can't say a person sucks just because they don't like the things you do. They could say the same thing about us. "People who like Mario suck." See, you didn't like it, did you? Now go to the corner and give yourself a time-out.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2006, 09:37:12 PM »
Okay guys. Some people that hate Mario are my friends. You can't say a person sucks just because they don't like the things you do. They could say the same thing about us. "People who like Mario suck." See, you didn't like it, did you? Now go to the corner and give yourself a time-out.

There's nothing wrong with having no interest in Mario, but actually hating him is another matter entirely. There's nothing objectionable about Mario, so there's no valid reason to hate him. People who hate him have some kind of stupid prejudice against him. If your friends really do hate him, as opposed to merely thinking him uninteresting, then there's something wrong with them. I won't mince words.

Comparing "People who hate Mario suck" with "People who like Mario suck" cannot be validly done. From what was just stated, it's plain that there's a much better reason to say the former than the latter; the latter is just utter biased garbage and undeserving of any consideration, while the former, if you think about it, doesn't necessarily imply any bias.

Print