Print

Author Topic: Mario Haters...Why do they have to be so mean?  (Read 41046 times)

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2006, 10:00:48 PM »
Instead of being a jerk just say, "It's not really my kinda thing".

By all means say your opinions but just don't go over the line.

Senior Mariology professor

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2006, 11:40:01 PM »
alot of people call mario gay. one of my pet peeves is when someone calls a fictional charactor gay. because the charcter isnt real. so how can they be gay?

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2006, 11:55:51 PM »
There's such thing as gay fictional characters, like Jolly Roger from Banjo-Tooie. But calling Mario gay is completely idiotic and senseless.

Note that I didn't state my opinion on homosexuality here, for fairly obvious reasons.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 11:57:34 PM by smfan1085 »
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2006, 11:57:31 PM »
Well, obviously, they can choose to have that opinion, but they still suck. Anyone sucks who hates a character that there's nothing objectionable about.

You didn't win that argument, by the way. It was just cut short because it was becoming too nasty (and I admit that I was acting that way myself).

Saying people suck is still being pretty nasty, to be fair. And no, the argument wasn't cut short, you're just saying that right now because you don't want to accept the fact that you DID lose that argument. You even deleted your posts afterward, a move that was, in my opinion, not very wise.

Though, I really don't want to start a year old argument over again. That'd be going off topic, just like in that last thread.

alot of people call mario gay. one of my pet peeves is when someone calls a fictional charactor gay. because the charcter isnt real. so how can they be gay?

Well, would it really matter if he was? I'd still enjoy the games the same.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2006, 11:59:02 PM »
I may have lost the argument, but I didn't lose to you. If I remember correctly, I lost to Black Mage.

I deleted my posts because there was some nastiness in them, and I didn't feel good just keeping that there.

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2006, 12:01:21 AM »
I may have lost the argument, but I didn't lose to you. If I remember correctly, I lost to Black Mage.

I deleted my posts because there was some nastiness in them, and I didn't feel good just keeping that there.

Oh, you lost it to Black Mage, and everyone who was on MY side, including Chup, Sunbun, Markio, and Luigison, as well as myself.

But, for the third time, I REALLY don't want an old argument to arise again.

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2006, 12:09:58 AM »
Black Mage's argument was almost the only one that was any good. A lot of the other arguments didn't make much sense. So I didn't lose it to everyone on the other side.

I'm stopping now too, so that I won't get in trouble with the moderators.

EDIT: 600th Post!

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2006, 12:31:10 AM »
Hmmm...

Upon finding this thread (http://themushroomkingdom.net/board/index.php?topic=7801.0), I've noticed that Black Mage wasn't even IN this argument.

So, you didn't lose to him, you definitely lost to me, Chup, etc. You're probably thinking of another argument you lost.

So, now I'll stop.

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2006, 11:10:10 AM »
The argument was transferred to another thread.

This time I'm definitely stopping. Not to worry.

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2006, 08:58:27 AM »
Yes I'm sorry about the word suck but I just hate it when people do that to me. I will change the word on the topic so that it will not make contreversy. I have a tendency to speak without thinking first. Sorry
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 09:00:12 AM by neotev »
SSBB theme lyrics: I'll be the Marth, Luigi noob, This is Yoshi's B, This monkey wants to hug him. I'll heat the duck, Uigi noob, pooped through the dress this monkey wears to work.

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2006, 08:40:44 PM »
Now that I've thought about it more, I agree with neotev. I oughtn't to have said those people sucked, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THEY ACTUALLY DO OR NOT, AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THEY DESERVED IT, since it's uncharitable to say such a thing about anyone, even one's enemies.

I will put my position more mildly: I absolutely cannot stand Mario haters, I have a rock-bottom low opinion of them, and their hatred of Mario is totally unjustified, for the simple reason that hating an unobjectionable fictional character, as opposed to being merely uninterested in that character, cannot have any foundation and is obviously due to prejudice of some sort.

Oh, yeah, and it's also ridiculous for someone even to be merely uninterested in a character if the only reason that person is uninterested is because the character isn't in a "mature" (aka immoral) game.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 08:53:35 PM by smfan1085 »

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2006, 09:11:37 PM »
if it wasnt for mario all those stupid media slaves wouldnt be playing halo.

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2006, 09:13:38 PM »
Yes, that is probably true.

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2006, 08:53:24 AM »
Heres my opinion, I believe that video games keep getting more and more violent as time goes on. And the number of games that are like Mario are decreasing, anyway if this trend continues then we may not have any Mario games anymore. Now I'm saying that will happen but it is always a possibility. This is my opinion
SSBB theme lyrics: I'll be the Marth, Luigi noob, This is Yoshi's B, This monkey wants to hug him. I'll heat the duck, Uigi noob, pooped through the dress this monkey wears to work.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2006, 01:47:41 PM »
1. Don't get back into the anti-violence argument.
2. Believe it or not, most Mario games aren't worth playing anymore. Nintendo is trying to appeal to too many broad audiences that they left out the Mario fans. Now we've got Mario baseball, Mario dancing, Mario parties, Mario go-karts, Mario minigame collection, but no Mario platformers, with the exception of New Super Mario Bros. Another thing, the non-platformer Mario games are all the same. Seriously, we're at Mario Party 7, Mario Sports Game 12 and Wario Ware 4, but that's all. In fact, most of the Nintendo system games I'm looking foward to (save for Zelda: TP) aren't even made by Nintendo. That's sad.

What Nintendo needs is a new, totally orginal game. Not a spinoff, or a crossover, or a sequel, or a pinball game, just a new game with new characters. And not a franchise: one sequel, maximum. They basically need a second Kid Icarus, though not a KI game. I don't think Nintendo can really pull it off.
every

Print