Print

Author Topic: Mario Haters...Why do they have to be so mean?  (Read 41047 times)

« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2006, 01:34:35 PM »
He obviously thinks that video games must be played on a 7 pound consule and must have ridiculous amounts of blood and violence. Don't they know that games are better portable (I actually take my GameCube on vacations)?

I love Mario and all, but I like Playstation too, and they're not freakin 7 pounds. Well the newest ones anyways, and they're portable...but those I know ar at least 7 pounds. Anyway good job with the pencil throwing :D.

« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2006, 08:26:40 PM »
Oh, For Pete's sake grow up! People can ahte him if they want to, enough with the whole "Mario haters are so mean, they aren't aloud to hate him " stuff! People can hate him if they want to, and no, they aren't souless just because they hate Mario.

Uhhhhhh... you're wrong. Didn't you read what I posted earlier? It is not fine for people to hate Mario! You seem unable to make the fundamental distinction between not liking him - i.e. having no interest in him - and actually having something against him. No one can be justified in having something against a completely unobjectionable character. Does it take a rocket scientist to figure that out? The only conceivable reason, as it appears to me, for anyone to have something against Mario is because he's not in violent, dirty video games like the ones so many smart-aleck kids like these days. Does that sound to you like a valid excuse to hate him?

Mr.Mad's sentiments were quite right, and I still fail to see why you took issue with what he said.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2006, 08:32:57 PM »
Yeah, but you have to think, does all of this really effect you in any way?
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2006, 08:42:41 PM »
I don't exactly know, but I am really bothered by the stupidity of Mario haters regardless. It just lowers my opinion of the human race, seeing more instances all the time of just how low the capacity for reason of certain human beings is.

Besides, if someone is crazy enough to actually hate Mario, it's more than likely that he'll be outspoken about his hatred, given the nature of his prejudice. And insulting Mario out loud really, really offends me.

« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2006, 09:14:21 PM »
Uhhhhhh... you're wrong. Didn't you read what I posted earlier? It is not fine for people to hate Mario! You seem unable to make the fundamental distinction between not liking him - i.e. having no interest in him - and actually having something against him. No one can be justified in having something against a completely unobjectionable character. Does it take a rocket scientist to figure that out? The only conceivable reason, as it appears to me, for anyone to have something against Mario is because he's not in violent, dirty video games like the ones so many smart-aleck kids like these days. Does that sound to you like a valid excuse to hate him?

Mr.Mad's sentiments were quite right, and I still fail to see why you took issue with what he said.
Maybe people hate him because he is a stereotype of Italian people? Maybe they hate him because a family member has done something stupid over him? Who knows? But, regardless people are aloud to have their opinions. If they hate him, let them for Pete's sake! Honsetly it does make me sad to see people hate something for no good reason, but it makes me sadder to see someone who becomes completely enranged because of this hate (only if what they hate something like a fictional character, or something else with little importance).

« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2006, 10:24:40 AM »
Well Ive meet alot of Mario haters there always telling me "You need to grow up stop playing these kiddish games." And then they make fun of me for the rest of the year. Because I like Mario how dumb is that.
SSBB theme lyrics: I'll be the Marth, Luigi noob, This is Yoshi's B, This monkey wants to hug him. I'll heat the duck, Uigi noob, pooped through the dress this monkey wears to work.

« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2006, 11:44:33 AM »
Maybe people hate him because he is a stereotype of Italian people? Maybe they hate him because a family member has done something stupid over him?

Those are both extremely crappy reasons for someone to hate him. You would have to be extremely overly sensitive about ethnicity to hate the character because he's a comical stereotype. I can't imagine any Italian taking offense at that. And if a family member "did something stupid over him" (I can't imagine what you could possibly have in mind), hating the character himself is ridiculously irrational.

Maybe Mario haters technically have a right to their opinions, but their hatred of Mario is stupid and ridiculous all the same, and I have a right to be angry and look down on them for it.

Incidentally, I usually don't react as strongly to posts on this message board as I did earlier in this topic, but (1) I was in a bad mood yesterday when I made my last two posts, and (2) I absolutely cannot stand it when anyone defends Mario haters under any circumstances. Anti-Mario people are some of the most annoying people to me ever, and if someone defends them they are simply asking for it from me.

Also, the fact that I've been making somewhat heated replies to various posts by CreamCat (in other topics also) does not mean that I have something against this member personally. The fact is that a lot of the posts (s)he makes just happen to contain things with which I disagree, and I am a rather irritable person by nature, so sometimes I reply in a somewhat heated way when I disagree with people, and other members of message boards are included among those people also. So, as I say, it has nothing to do with personal grudges.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2006, 03:29:55 PM »
Yeah, but you have to think, does all of this really effect you in any way?
Yes it does, Mario haters will probably hate people who love Mario and insult them, even hurt them in some extreme cases. It is ok to dislike Mario, but openly and religiously hating him is uncalled for.

« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2006, 03:53:26 PM »
Yeah, but that seriously effect you?  You shouldn't care what other people think of you.
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2006, 04:31:04 PM »
Yuo have a point and I try not to, but sometimes it is important, like if you are running for president or something like that. I'm sure a fat, Mario loving, soda guzzling geek (Me) will make it into the White House looking like that.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2006, 08:33:33 AM »
For some reason, a lot of people here think that Mario haters are the agents of evil and are horrible people. Mario's a GAME. It's okay not to like it. You don't see the Halo, Splinter Cell or Mortal Kombat fans saying "oh, people who hate my game of choice are horrible baby-eating monsters and I hate them." Now, I'm sure I'll get flamed by the superhardcore Mario fans because of my opinions, but the arguments are unreasonable. It's okay to viciously and hurtfully insult people who really don't like your game of choice and typecast them as being violent or "not having a soul", but totally uncalled for when someone makes a snide remark about your game of choice? You'll notice that most Mario haters, save for the flaming forum trolls, never act like you depict them? They just say "Well, I just don't like Mario, and you can't convince me to play a Mario game." I know a lot of so-called Mario haters (i.e., they say that they hate Mario), some of whom aren't even really my friends, and they never lash out at me because I like Mario. I think the "Mario hater" stereotype of the vicious, unintelligent, soulless monster here is no better than African-American or Jewish stereotypes in that they're not true, and very hurtful at times.
every

« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2006, 08:53:45 AM »
Glorb your opinion is reasonable and as usual I have made a bad choice in a topic title, again. Why, Why must I stink so bad at topic titles. You are right though there are not alot of people that hate mario and destroy anyone that likes him but people still make fun of me for likeing him. Not anymore now that I go to a new school but the kids at my old school.
SSBB theme lyrics: I'll be the Marth, Luigi noob, This is Yoshi's B, This monkey wants to hug him. I'll heat the duck, Uigi noob, pooped through the dress this monkey wears to work.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2006, 09:35:55 AM »
It's okay. In truth, a lot of Mario haters are a bit mean, but then so are haters of plenty other series.
every

« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2006, 09:55:12 AM »
Thats true. I don't think I thought very hard about planning out this topic before making it. noob mistake

« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2006, 02:16:11 PM »
We like Mario and they don't. If you're gonna tell a person why you hate something, chances are you're gonna sound at least a little mean...

Print