Print

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Character Suggestions  (Read 118703 times)

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« on: May 15, 2006, 06:28:23 PM »
I recently read somewhere in a swarm of psychotic forum-goers at a different website, that someone e-mailed Nintendo at nintendo@noa.nintendo.com regarding the Japan polls for new characters, and received a response saying something along the lines of that if we wrote in character suggestions, they'd take them into consideration in line with those polls in Nintendo of Japan.

Regardless of whether they'll actually really do this, I figured it'd be nice to start up a good-old-fashioned Character Ideas thread.

Also, this topic marks my official rejoining of the forums, since I just re-obtained the privelage of starting topics.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 07:20:25 PM »
I sent them a Wario suggestion. It was a huge mistake not putting him in the other two.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 07:21:54 PM »
Meowrik, you should know there has been numerous SSB3 Character topics. you could have just drug up the most recent one.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 07:38:25 PM »
I sent them a Wario suggestion. It was a huge mistake not putting him in the other two.
Wario is already going to be in SSBB!! @_@
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 07:54:20 PM »
1.Mario
2.Luigi
3.Peach
4.Yoshi
5.Bowser
6.Donkey Kong
7.Link
8.Zelda/Shiek
9.Samus
10.Kirby
11.Fox
12.Pikachu
13.Jigglypuff
14.Mewtwo
15.Ness
16.Captain Falcon
17.Marth
18.Mr.Game and Watch
19.Ice Climber
20.Dr.Mario*
21.Young Link*
22.Falco*
23.Pichu*
24.Ganondorf*
25.Roy*

The * means this character is a copy of another character. Despite this, these characters actually play much differently than their counterparts. I firmly beleive that NONE of the characters should be removed under any cirumstances. You may think some are useless, but they may actually be more useful to someone else than you think. Just ask the folks at Smashboards.
I also think that some of the characters who had their abilities nerfed in the transition From SSB64 to SSBM be made stronger in the next SSB. I say this because Smashboards has teir lists showing how useful the characters are to the proffessional smashing community. Charactrers like Fox and Sheik rank higher up because they were made with so many fast moves, while Bowser and Donkey Kong rank lower because thay are so freaken slow. If Nintendo hadn't attached these handicaps to these characters, their playability may have changed. With the current physics that Bowser has, he doesn't appear as powerful as he should. I think thats an insult to an otherwise great character. Similar events happened with Kirby and Pikachu, who were powerful in the previous game, but extremely nerfed in SSBM. Due this problem with balancing the characters out, I have only chosen the characters with the most moveset potential and made the list a minimum of 45 characters. So, on with the list.

26.Toad- Light,fast, with the ability to throw stuff from SMB2.
27.Wario- Heavy,with his attacks form Wario Land and Wario World.
28.Diddy/Dixie- A cross between Zelda and Ice Climbers, with their moves from DKC2.
29.Meta Knight- Light like Kirby, with sword attacks like Link.
30.King DeDeDe- Sort of like a heavier Kirby, with hammer attacks like the Ice Climbers.
31.Wolf- Slightly heavier than Fox, with completely different special attacks.
32.Krystal- Another female character who would fight using her staff.
33.Ridley- Sort of a lighter Bowser with different attacks and a 'floaty-jump'.
34.Munchlax- Similar to Jigglypuff, only heavier with a few different attacks.
35.Jeff- Uses all of his inventions as attacks.
36.Poo- Has PK attacks like Ness, but has Martial Arts-tpe moves for his regular attacks.
37.Black Shadow- Ganondorf can get a new moveset that more true to his character, and his old one can be transfered to this guy.
38.Hector- Big character who fights with an axe.
39.Lyn- We need a female Fire Emblem character.
40.Balloon Fighter- Not sure about his moveset, but he was almost in SSBM.
41.Pit- It would be nice to see him return and he could be almost like a floaty Link.
42.Olimar- He'd be small, but would attack with a huge army of Pikmin.
43.Hakkun- This guy appeared in a game for the Broadcast Satellite for the SNES. Hes like a clear jellybean with a mosquito needle. In his game, you had to suck color out of blocks and put them in other blocks to gat around the stages. This wpuld make an interesting moveset.
44.Lip- She's from Panel de Pon and her staff appeared as and item in SSBM, so now she could make a good playable female character.
45.Imajin- He's the kid from Doki Doki Panic. First of all, this game needs recognition.Second, due to the game he's from, he could be a clone of Toad.

Yes, I reposted my list from that other thread. I love it that much.
Here's a few more:

46.Solid Snake
47.Sonic
48.Viewtiful Joe
49.Bonk
50.Captain N

This is just speculation on the other 3rd party characters that may be included. I also think that Captain N should return(redesigned though, with a Wiimote as a weapon).
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 08:31:02 PM by The Chef »

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 08:17:36 PM »
Thankfully, Kojima's friendship with miyamoto has brought Solid snake into the mix which will ceftify SSBM:Brawl the best Wii game announced, with LOZ:TP at a very close second

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2006, 08:58:23 PM »
Maybe Nintendo will be nice and let Sonic and Tails in like that April Fool's joke a few years ago. I mean, they won't blow ALL the secret characters in the trailer, you know? There's bound to be about 10 or 20 (!) more... I mean, think of how long this game has been in development, Nintendo likes to have secrets.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2006, 09:44:37 PM »
Yeah, I must apologize, I looked a page or two back and didn't see any ones that were recently active, but I still felt kinda wrong doing so. However, I digress...

I really think King Dedede would round out the Kirby characters. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only real Kirby fan out there...

...also from what I heard, in a lot of the polls Nintendo is sending out, Geno is incredibly popular, so I'd say we have a better than unlikely chance we'll be seeing him in there.

While we're at it with 3rd party characters, the thing that would make me happy for the rest of my life in terms of games, would be for Nintendo to get permission from Rare to stick Banjo and Kazooie in there.
= = = = = = =

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2006, 04:46:20 AM »
I would like Olimar to be in the game. My idea for special moves are that B picks out Pikmin and throws them onto the opponent, Down B throws a Yellow Pikmin holding a Bomb Rock, Smash B uses the Whistle to call the opponent over, and Up B is a Rocket to propel him upwards. If there are going to those "Smash Emblems", Olimar would create a huge cloud out of the Extra Spicy Potion (from Pikmin 2), and a swarm of Pikmin trample in, attacking everything in their path.

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2006, 12:30:29 PM »
I don't even think the characters in the trailer were secret. For SSBM, secret characters didn't appear in any art or movies.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2006, 01:15:13 PM »
you know Forest Guy, I dont think that Geno or mallow have a good chance of being in the party because arent they property of Square Enix? And didn't Nintendo lose square after they made SMRPG? anyway, I think an ausome addition (for me) would be Tanooki Mario!! He would have a sorta floaty jump and be quicker but weaker than mario. Here are his moves: B: Tail swipe, mario would spin around in place causing damage to anyone who touches him. You can do that many times ina row. >B: Tail Spin: He would spin around not in place but moving around. Down B: Stone. It's just like kirbys move only this one is stronger and lasts longer. Up B: Flight. mario will fly, this has good vertical and horizontal raech. Also if mario reaches his top speed running when he jumps he will make a short flight. Whadaya think?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2006, 01:35:53 PM »
I think the NES, SNES and Game Boy should be characters. They could even include my idea for a system, the pNES. His attack would be to say his name out loud, making the other character burst into a fir of crazy laughter.

Other ideas:

R.O.B.
That bug guy from Kirby's Adventure
Simon or Trevor Belmont
Mother Brain
A Space Pirate
Tails
Mega Man
Bass
Captain Commando
Ryu or Ken
every

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2006, 01:50:31 PM »
Well, see, that's the thing. With the addition of Snake to the game, it opens the door to 3rd-party characters. So theoretically if Nintendo wanted to, they could ask Square for permission to use Geno in the game, just as I said they could ask Rare to do with Banjo and Kazooie.
= = = = = = =

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2006, 02:53:55 PM »
It doesn't open the door for 3rd parties entirely. No one said that Squenix would be involved with the game. The only ones involved are Sakurai's team and don't say that Hideo Kojima was involved because he wasn't. Sakurai was the one who made the desicion to add Snake. He didn't have to if he didn't want to, but he did out of generosity. I still firmly believe that they are focusing majorly on NINTENDO. Myamoto may have said that there may be a possibility for other 3rd parties as well, but there probably won't be any more than one or two. If this happens, then the only ones who get added will probably be the most unique, not the most popular.

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2006, 03:55:00 PM »
now... this may sound weird but, throw in the final boss from smrpg heavey, attacks with arrows and boulders (origanl in smrpg) weird but good
if u want to find me on runescape...its linkloz01 or royfe02

Print