Print

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Character Suggestions  (Read 118697 times)

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2006, 04:04:48 PM »
Michael Jones!  From Star Troipics!  Melee didn't even have one trophy from the Star Tropics series.

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2006, 04:29:02 PM »
For SSBM, secret characters didn't appear in any art or movies.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2006, 04:40:33 PM »
Whoa, i've never seen that image before. Where did you find it?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2006, 08:15:01 PM »
Megaman, since Solid Snake is in it.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2006, 08:46:57 PM »
I e-mailed NOA and they told me to post character suggestions here.  I signed up for a free Nintendo account, but for some reason I can't post messages.  My guess is someone else here has a working Nintendo account.  If so, I ask of them this favor: follow the link above and reply saying you want Michael Jones from Star Tropics as a playable character in Smash Brothers Brawl.  This isn't some lame attempt to trick others into voting my way, though I certainly wouldn't mind if that happened... My account seriously is broken.  Someone please help.

EDIT: I just discovered the problem.  I can't post in the character-suggestion thread until I reach a certain rank within the Nintendo forum, by reading messages, spending time online, etc.  I'll be patient and post my character suggestion when I can.  However, I still encourage others to voluntarily post requesting Michael Jones, who would in fact make a great addition to the Brawl roster.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 10:25:29 PM by Hirocon »

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2006, 06:18:46 PM »
Kojima is a friend of the creator of the Smash Bros. series. That's how they got Snake in the game.

Solid Snake and the Metal Gear franchise are incredicbly popular, so the addition of Snake may lure some Metal Gear fans over!

I would love to have Sonic and Tails in Super Smash Bros. The dreams of many fanboys of having Mario and Sonic in the same game together would finally come true!

Also, Mega Man and Dr. Wiley would make good additions, since Mega Man started on Nintendo anyways!

Also, please please please please include King Dedede from the Kirby series. Metaknight made into the game, so why not Dedede?

Go to www.smashbros.com (the official site from Nintendo) and read a blog from the creator of the Smash Bros. games! It is very interesting!

EDIT: I just went to the website and found out that they put Pitt (Kid Icarus) in the game! I have always wanted to play Kid Icarus, and now with the Virtual Console on the Wii, I can!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 06:21:35 PM by Mario Maniac »
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2006, 10:31:56 PM »
3rd party characters may not be as readily available as Snake was. According to most sites, the creator of the Solid Snake series "begged" for his character to be included in the game. Other companies may not throw themselves at Nintendo in such a manner.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2006, 10:50:48 PM »
I wish Square would beg to put SMRPG on the GBA. We sure have been begging them to do that for long enough...
Edit: Ah! That picture again! I was looking for it.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 10:53:11 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2006, 05:23:10 AM »
3rd party characters may not be as readily available as Snake was. According to most sites, the creator of the Solid Snake series "begged" for his character to be included in the game. Other companies may not throw themselves at Nintendo in such a manner.
Kojima would never do that. He has friends in Nintendo(miyamoto) how else do you think that the twin snakes was made so easily?

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2006, 02:19:54 PM »
Yeah, Snake got into Smash Bros. Brawl because Nintendo has a decent relationship with Konami... however, Nintendo also has good relationships with Sega, Capcom and Namco...

Maybe we'll be seeing Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-Man joining the other Smash Brothers? Here's hoping.
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2006, 05:14:31 PM »
Even though The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker wasn't considered a huge Zelda game by many people, it was a Zelda game nonetheless.  I personally loved that game, and I think it would be great if Makar and Medli showed up as hidden characters.
The Super Smash Brothers games could use some cell-shading.  :)
(....not really, though).
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2006, 06:00:01 PM »
The Super Smash Brothers games had some cel-shading.  Well, SSBM did, at least, in Poké Floats.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2006, 06:18:23 PM »
I wish they'd give Doki Doki Panic some recognition. At least a trophy of the characters. Most people don't know about the very game that led to the creation of SMB2.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2006, 10:04:36 PM »
Yes, I heard about Kojima 'begging' to have Snake put in.

I'm not saying that it's going to happen, I simply think we have a better chance than any other Smash Bros. games, to have 3rd party characters in it.

Personally, I believe if enough people suggest Geno, Nintendo will ask Square about, and I really don't think Square would object to it. The poor guy's been out of work for so long, he hasn't done anything outside of a cameo in ages. And come on, Square is making Mario Baskeball for heaven's sake, I think if Geno didn't make it to Brawl, he'd have another chance of being a super-secret character in Mario Basketball.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2006, 06:45:19 AM »
I wish a new version of Captain N would be playable. If he was, there could be a Kingdom Hearts-style game where he has to save the worlds of Nintendo from the Leauge of Villans made afterward. But that would never happen.....

Print