Print

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Character Suggestions  (Read 119704 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #420 on: February 25, 2008, 01:24:18 AM »
Geno is not suited for Smash Bros, okay?  Out of the entire library of Mario games, He played a role in only one game and made a cameo in another.
I would like to see Krystal as a playable character in the installment after Brawl (as I said, IF a fourth Smash Bros. is made). All three Star Fox characters in the Brawl roster having basically the same move set is a slap in the face of the Star Fox franchise.
Like who? The only other Metroid "characters" I can even think of are either giant bosses or the one-shot other hunters from MPH and MP3, who definitely aren't worth wasting a roster spot on.

I suppose a shrunk-down Ridley would be the only barely okay choice.
Sure, they shrunk Bowser a little, they could probably do the same for Ridley
Regards, Uncle Dolan

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #421 on: February 25, 2008, 06:58:10 AM »
I want to see Petey Phirana in SSB 4
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #422 on: February 26, 2008, 02:22:23 AM »
Ridley: I'm with LD: Samus works alone and Ridley is the only worthy enemy from Metroid. For now, Ridley is a boss.
Animal Crosser: Yes
Dropped Melee characters: Download please
Geno: I picture him more like a territorial, grumpy Gandhi than a fierce, aggressive warrior. No.
Krystal: Of all the Star Fox characters, I must say she's the one that gives me the creeps most.
Waluigi: No no no no no no no no no no no no.
Dixie: Partially programmed in Brawl, who knows
Bowser Jr.: No
Tingle: Get serious
Petey Piranha: ...
Baby Mario Bros./Plusle & Minun/Burt & Ernie: Do you really want them?

Conclusion: Sakurai has nearly perfected the roster, as very few characters left to be suggested are any good.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #423 on: February 26, 2008, 06:28:00 AM »
Krystal: Of all the Star Fox characters, I must say she's the one that gives me the creeps most.
At least Krystal wouldn't be another Fox clone
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #424 on: February 26, 2008, 02:27:39 PM »
Geno is not suited for Smash Bros, okay?  Out of the entire library of Mario games, He played a role in only one game and made a cameo in another.

It'd be purely fan-service, and that's what the fans are relying on; the fact that Sakurai listens to his fans, even if it's only a little bit. I personally would like him in the next Smash, but that's just my opinion. (And the opinion of many others, but let's just leave that issue alone)

All three Star Fox characters in the Brawl roster having basically the same move set

Wolf is not a clone. His B moves and Final Smash are based off Fox (the B moves barely so, like how Ike's are based slightly on Marth's), but most, if not all, of his A moves, are different. I do agree he should've had a better Final Smash (perhaps even summon SF64 Andross?) but apart from that he's a perfectly legitimate character.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #425 on: February 26, 2008, 06:42:48 PM »
I say that there are no clones in Brawl. Luigified characters is what we have. I love how all the folks on Starmen.net were so certain that Ness was out because Lucas stole his moveset, and now, after the fact, Lucas is entirely different (No, really, he is). Based on what I've seen, Link and Toon Link are the closest to being clones.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #426 on: February 26, 2008, 06:55:32 PM »
There are no clones. But,like Bird Person said, Link and Toon Link are the closest as clones. Luigi=DIFFERENT!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #427 on: February 26, 2008, 08:42:47 PM »
I say that there are no clones in Brawl. Luigified characters is what we have. I love how all the folks on Starmen.net were so certain that Ness was out because Lucas stole his moveset, and now, after the fact, Lucas is entirely different (No, really, he is). Based on what I've seen, Link and Toon Link are the closest to being clones.

Yeah, a lot of his moves seem to be completely different from Ness's. His special moves all have different kinds of.... way they attack. His recovery shield thing can be used only on one side but can be used as a weapon. The yo yo moves are gone so his smash attacks have much more knockback and power than Ness's. And he is faster than Ness but weaker.

And I would have to say that Ganondorf and Falcon are the most alike. they could have improved Ganondorf in so many ways like by using his sword or his dark magic.But Instead he is still a clone. People are even saying he has gotten SLOWER than he was in Melee! I'd say he is one of the worst characters in the series. He can stay locked for all I care.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #428 on: February 26, 2008, 08:48:40 PM »
I dunno, man. In Melee, I virtually never used Ganondorf because, yes, he was just a giant slow Cpt. Falcon w/ special added "please punch me in the groin" maneuver.

But in Brawl, the changes to his side-B find me picking him a lot on the coolness of those moves alone. Plus his taunts are rad as always.

« Reply #429 on: February 27, 2008, 05:38:29 PM »
I don't get why people have a problem with or are surprised with the fact that Mario and Luigi are psuedo clones of each other. They are brothers! They are related, they are going to have some similar moves.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #430 on: February 27, 2008, 09:57:18 PM »
Technically, there are no "clones". Some characters are different, some characters are similar, and some characters are really similar.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #431 on: February 28, 2008, 12:53:48 AM »
Back to character suggestions...

Pokey Minch (Of the Heavily Armed variety)
Phoenix Wright (It can work, people)
Animal Crosser
Nurse Joy with a Machete
No! I don't want that!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #432 on: February 28, 2008, 12:55:47 AM »
If Phoenix Wright gets attacked, all he has to do is object and the damage is overruled.
That was a joke.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #433 on: February 28, 2008, 02:54:35 AM »
Phoenix Wright gets attacked all the time and he doesn't object. Glares, whips, scalding coffee-- I don't recall a single case where he was able to have such attacks overruled.

He definitely wasn't able to overrule the damage a fire extinguisher to the head caused, although he eventually got over it.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #434 on: February 28, 2008, 07:17:56 PM »
His Final Smash would be awesome: Nightmare Judge.

My wanted list was fairly unrealistic:
Ninten, with a moveset completely different from Ness's or Lucas's
Jeff
Combusken, who is at least one thousand times as cool as Lucario
It's YOUR problem!

Print