Print

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Character Suggestions  (Read 118681 times)

« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2006, 05:49:03 AM »
Definitely Waluigi.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2006, 04:26:42 PM »
This sounds a little fishy to me, however, after following a link trail from the Kirby Rainbow Resort site, I found a supposed list of characters that developers expressed interest in, for Brawl, that was taken from the Japanese site. Now, either it's a very good hoax, or just a bad translation of the page. (I think it could also be somewhat true since the person who posted it actually gave a direct link to the Japanese forums on the official Smash Bros. site) I quoted the guy directly, so anyway, here's what he said...

"Megaman
Claus (MOTHER 3)
Lucas (MOTHER 3)
King K. Rool (DK Country)
King Dedede (Kirby)
Geno (SMB RPG)
Professor Kawasima (Prof. Kawashima's Brain Training: How old is your Brain?)
Kalas (Baten Katos)
Cheer Squad (? Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan ?)(If Sakurai accepts them, then Nintendo of America will make them change the Cheer Squad into the Elite Beat Agents)
Doctor Pepper (? General Pepper from Star Fox?)
Sigurd (Fire Emblem)
Black Shadow (F-Zero)
Takao (female character, 8 years old?)
Dragon Chan (Super Punch-Out!!!)
G-Red (Gotchaforce)
Hammer Bros.
Oguma (Fire Emblem)
Lip (Panel de Pon)
Black Knight (Fire Emblem) "

Now see, a lot of those look really bizarre, and I won't say whether I think the guy is lying or not, because I don't know. All I know is that it's something.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2006, 04:37:45 PM »
Lu Bu from the Dynasty Warriors series.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2006, 04:44:11 PM »
I have my doubts about that list, Forest Guy. Geno will most very likely not be in SSBB as he belongs to Square. 'Twould be awesome to fight as him, though. More Fire Emblem characters are very probable, but Lip... I don't think so. Only time will tell.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2006, 08:27:06 PM »
Seems fake to me. I know Toad for a fact is one of the most wanted characters to be included in Brawl and yet he's nowhere on that list. Diidy Kong, although not as highly wanted, also ranked pretty high in a poll. Sigurd and Oguma are...old. I also question why Krystal didn't make the list at all. Or Sonic and Tails for that matter.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2006, 10:58:39 AM »
Diddy Kong
Sonic
Shadow
Toad
Captain Olimar
Tails
Dixie Kong
Sunshine Mario
Luigi's Mansion Luigi
Daisy
Fawful

Blame Canada!!!

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2006, 07:28:46 PM »
If I had to put money on it, I'd say it's fake too. It's times like these that it'd be convenient to read fluent japanese.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2006, 08:46:56 PM »
There's a rumor floating around that Sakurai confirmed that Bowser Jr and Ridley will appear, Ice Climbers and Mr.G&W will be removed and Young Link will be changed to his Wind Waker look.
A few sites stated it as fact, but I don't beleive it..........

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2006, 08:51:00 PM »
I don't get that. I like Mr.Game&watch, and wouldn't ridley be too big?

« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2006, 12:28:45 AM »
Punch-Out!! Characters- Have Little Mac in the game. Have Soda Popinski. Have Bald Bull. Heck, even Glass Joe, Gabby Jay or Doc Louis (who isn't even a boxer). It doesn't matter what character you have in the game, just put any of them in
I can't really picture Little Mac in SSB. All he does is just punch. What would his specials be?

Anyways, I would like to see Pikachu with boxing gloves, Jigglypuff with her "Marker-Phone," and the Mario Bros. with their Hand Power.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2006, 12:57:44 AM »
There's a rumor floating around that Sakurai confirmed that Bowser Jr and Ridley will appear, Ice Climbers and Mr.G&W will be removed and Young Link will be changed to his Wind Waker look.
A few sites stated it as fact, but I don't beleive it..........
Dropping Mr. G. for Bowser Jr., not on my watch. I gotta say I can't imagine WW Link appearing in SSBB either.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2006, 04:17:50 PM »
How 'bout these characters:
Tanooki Mario!  His special moves include turning to stone (similar to Kirby's down-B move, except this one is temporarily impervious), performing a continuous tail spin (instead of Mario tornado), tail-whipping a koopa shell, and flying to the top of the screen to slam down on another character.  Tanooki Mario would rock. 

This would be a cool character lineup (in my opinion) to have in SSBB:
--Kirby.  I hope they keep Kirby.  He's excellent for copying powers.
--Meta Knight.  It's about time there's another character from a Kirby game.
--Samus Aran.  She's just cool.  Her games are amazing.
--Zero Suit Samus.  HOT!
--Solid Snake.  It'll be very interesting to see a normal human go flying off the screen...
--Wario.  Another Mario brother/person.
--Waluigi.  If you're gonna have Wario, why not include Waluigi?
--Pit.  Because Kid Icarus is an amazing platformer.
--Mario, Dr. Mario, Peach, Bowser, and Luigi.
--Marth and Roy.
--Tanooki Mario.
--Zelda/Shiek, Link, Young Link, Ganondorf. 
--Mr. Game&Watch
I don't really like Fox or Falco.  Or Ice Climbers or Captain Falcon, for that matter.  The Pokemon are okay, I guess...but they are not very interesting characters.  I like my Tanooki Mario idea, though. 

« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2006, 05:04:06 PM »
One character addition would make the game put me in a state of total bliss: Waluigi.  ;D I won't go into detail about the abilities he could have in the game that I've thought of, but one of the things that comes to my attention is that those long legs have got to put him at an advantage when it comes to kicking and jumping. Besides, despite many arguments against it, the guy needs more recegnition. Y'know, Luigi started out as just a sidekick and he made it big; why can't Waluigi, his rival, do the same?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2006, 06:59:08 PM »
Waluigi doesn't have a major Mario title to his name. You can tell the character lineup is based on this because Wario in in his WarioWare threads.

« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2006, 08:04:42 PM »
I've been thinking of another group of characters...it seems that nobody wants to get rid of any characters that are already in the series.  I'll list a character lineup that I think would be cool.  First is their name, next is their B move, smash-B, up-B, and Down-B moves.  Here's what I was thinking:
Chef Mario--B: Cookie Shot.  Smash B: Cookie Sheet.  Up B: Fiery Jump.  Down B: Stack Attack.

Tanooki Mario--B: Shell Shot.  Smash B: Tail Spin.  Up B: Take Flight.  Down B: Stone.

Waluigi--B: Blue Fireball.  Smash B: Tennis Racket.  Up B: Spring Jump.  Down B: Roulette Hammer.   

Daisy--B: Bad Golfing.  Smash B: Daisy Bomber.  Up B: Daisy Parasol.  Down B: Character Swap.

Birdo--B: Egg Shot.  Smash B: Return to Sender.  Up B: Upward Propel.  Down B: Birdo Fireball.

Baby Bowser--B: Podoboo.  Smash B: Spiny Shell.  Up B: Ghost Boost.  Down B: Quake.

Ridley--B: Firestrike.  Smash B: Missile Rain.  Up B: Glide.  Down B: 5 Stabs.

Skull Kid--B: Dart.  Smash B: Combo.  Up B: Disappear.  Down B: Saria's Song.

Anyway...in case anyone's wondering...Chef Mario is from Yoshi's Cookie.  About Chef Mario...he is the slowest of the four Marios.  He also has weak attacks.  And has the lowest jump.  HOWEVER...his "Stack Attack" move is very unique.  You start by pressing Down B, and a random button will appear on-screen.  You press that button on your controller, and 2-3 cookies drop in front of you on your opponent, stacking up.  Another button will flash on-screen, and you press it on your controller.  Then, more cookies stack up on the enemy.  The buttons appear faster and faster, so it takes skill to master Stack Attack.  The more cookies you stack, the more damage you do, and the longer the enemy will stay stunned.

Print