Print

Author Topic: Sequel Problem Solved! (Alot of rumors were wrong!)  (Read 38484 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #120 on: July 25, 2006, 10:04:02 AM »
I already knew that, Clark, I was just trying to figure it out from a storywise standpoint.

Wii

« Reply #121 on: August 03, 2006, 04:03:42 AM »
Super Mario 64 DS is the sequel to Super Mario 64.

Not true. It's still a remake even though it has some big changes.

It is a sequel, Nintendo say that, and it's obvious. Sunshine may not be the sequel to 64 for a few big reasons:
1-They're nothing alike, except you save Peach and cotrol Mario
2-Nintendo have said nothing about it
3-Just because it came after it, it doesn't mean it's the sequel
« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 01:53:30 AM by Wii »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #122 on: August 03, 2006, 12:04:20 PM »
It is a sequel, Nintendo say that, and it's obvious. Sunshine is not the sequel to 64 for a few big reasons:
1-They're nothing alike, except you save Peach and cotrol Mario
2-Nintendo have said nothing about it
3-Just because it came after it, it doesn't mean it's the sequel

1. Actually they are. Both have overworlds with portals to other worlds where you must complete various objectives to earn star-esque relics. Both have Red and Blue Coins. Both have no Luigi. Both have a boss that you face repeatedly throughout the game. Both have secret Sub-courses. Both have similar controls and moves. Both have a total of 120 star-esque relics. Both have Yoshi. Both have a stage populated by Boos. Both have characters that you can speak to. Both have giant/king/boss versions of classic Mario enemies. Both have guys that you can race against(more than once). The only differences are that SMS has FLUDD and no ice level and Yoshi isn't playable in SM64.

2. About what?

3. Prove it.

Wii

« Reply #123 on: August 03, 2006, 12:49:43 PM »
1. Actually they are. Both have overworlds with portals to other worlds where you must complete various objectives to earn star-esque relics. Both have Red and Blue Coins. Both have no Luigi. Both have a boss that you face repeatedly throughout the game. Both have secret Sub-courses. Both have similar controls and moves. Both have a total of 120 star-esque relics. Both have Yoshi. Both have a stage populated by Boos. Both have characters that you can speak to. Both have giant/king/boss versions of classic Mario enemies. Both have guys that you can race against(more than once). The only differences are that SMS has FLUDD and no ice level and Yoshi isn't playable in SM64.

2. About what?

3. Prove it.
1.Lots of Mario games have red and blue coins, portals and what you said there. Also,I don't think we can really count Yoshi sleeping on the roof actually featuring in SM64
2.About it being the sequel, obviously. What do you expect? A few years ater it's release for them to turn round and say "Oh, we forgot to mention that Sunshine is Super Mario 64's sequel"? I think not!
3.Prove it. How sad and babyish is that. You can't get more pathetic, or ignorant for that matter. "Just because it came after it, it doesn't mean it's the sequel" is not a thing you can prove. Ok, I say that Super Mario Galaxy is... erm... Super Mario World's sequel. And Double Dash is Super Mario bros. And Luigi's mansion is Yoshi's Island's sequel. Do you really agree with tha? If not, grow up!

« Reply #124 on: August 03, 2006, 12:56:41 PM »
Dude, you really need to stop with the insults on Chef. He's been here much longer than you. I think his point is valid, and if you think he's stupid for that, than you're the one who needs to grow up.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #125 on: August 03, 2006, 01:10:50 PM »
Dude. Don't let this involve personal attacks, as that becomes very babyish itself, and gets really tiring to admins (I am not one, but I know that the arguing is annoying to them).
1.They are somewhat similar in having 120 collectables,and they both have a lot of common Super Mario Bros. Elements but I really doubt that they are sequels. Maybe they are close together, maybe they are sequels.
2.I'm not really sure about this one, I don't remember reading about anything like this, but Wii has a point that they nintendo wouldn't make a game 6 years later for a sequel.
3.Some Sequels aren't consecutive, look at MGS3. It is before all of the other Metal Gear games. Also, if they were like that. Mario Kart 64 would be the true sequel ...

« Reply #126 on: August 03, 2006, 01:18:32 PM »
Yeah, you're right. Still, I agree with what Chef is saying.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Wii

« Reply #127 on: August 03, 2006, 01:18:58 PM »
Sorry if you think what I said was insulting, I just get so irritated when someone comes out with something like prove it, when they obviously haven't read what's been posted or they haven't the brains to actually think of something constructive

jeevananthan

• Banned
« Reply #128 on: August 03, 2006, 02:29:56 PM »
remember the review of sm galaxy it said its a true suqeul to sm 64

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #129 on: August 03, 2006, 02:34:19 PM »
Who reviewed it?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Wii

« Reply #130 on: August 03, 2006, 02:53:26 PM »
Since Nintendo don't review their own stuff (they'd give it 10/10, make sure everyone buys it and all that) that is probably wrong.
However, from what i've heard the first level is like the first painting level in 64, so maybe.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #131 on: August 03, 2006, 09:18:08 PM »
First level? Have there been any "levels" released since E3? There are areas vaguely similar to Bob-Omb Battlefield in the E3 demo, but other than that, no.
How are you using the term "sequel" here? Super Mario Sunshine was very close to Super Mario 64 in terms of gameplay to Super Mario 64. Claiming that it wasn't a sequel to the game is like saying Super Mario Bros. 3 is not a sequel to Super Mario Bros. or Super Mario Bros. 2 (Japan). A game doesn't have to play exactly the same as its predecessor to be a sequel. Zelda II is a sequel to The Legend of Zelda and they are about as different as you can get.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 10:33:08 AM by Chupperson Weird »
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #132 on: August 04, 2006, 09:12:27 AM »
Sorry if you think what I said was insulting, I just get so irritated when someone comes out with something like prove it, when they obviously haven't read what's been posted or they haven't the brains to actually think of something constructive

O RLY? If I hadn't read what you posted, I wouldnt've replyed. Obviously you don't know why I said to "prove it", because if you did, you'd realize that when you said "just because it came after it, doesn't mean it's the sequel", you said it without any substantial evidence.

Wii

« Reply #133 on: August 04, 2006, 12:31:34 PM »
OK. There is NO evidence for something like that, either way. As I said before, according to that we could all say that stuff like Mario Galaxy is the sequel to Super Mario Bros. 1

Also, whoever said it, Mario Bros. 2 has been released outside Japan. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been playing it around five minutes ago.

You can think that Super Mario Sunshine is 64's sequel if you like, but since it's an idea based on the fact that you jump through portals to get do different levels please don't claim it as fact, or say that everyone else's ideas were wrong.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #134 on: August 04, 2006, 03:37:21 PM »
I never said it was fact and I never said you were wrong. I was just saying that you didn't give anything to back up your statement.

PS: Apparently you don't know which version of SMB2 they were referring to. There are two of them. The JPN one is an expanded version of the original while the USA one is a port of another game called Doki Doki Panic.

Print