Print

Author Topic: Sequel Problem Solved! (Alot of rumors were wrong!)  (Read 38219 times)

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2006, 11:13:07 AM »
Adult OOT could be the same link in Zelda:TP.
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2006, 02:34:23 PM »
No, Nintendo said that it was a new Link.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2006, 04:05:20 PM »
Oh
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2006, 12:57:08 PM »
SM64 DS isn't a remake of SM64.  There's a whole different plot: Yoshi has to rescue Mario, Luigi, and Wario from Goomba King, King Boo, and king Chilly.  Not to mention, there are 30 more power stars, collectible mini-games, new levels, multiplayer...I could go on and on.

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2006, 12:58:25 PM »
I'm beginning to think the sequal problems haven't been solved yet.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2006, 01:41:07 PM »
Yes, I realized that SM64DS is very diferent to SM64, in my particular Mario ''Game Order'' theory I put SM64DS right after SM64, and no, my ''Game Order'' isn't the one that I included earlier, my game order includes the spin-offs.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2006, 09:22:24 PM »
As far as I can tell, Super Mario 64 and Super Mario 64 DS are different versions of the same point in time.
That was a joke.

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2006, 03:10:03 PM »
My game order:

·Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Touch and Go
Ok... These go here for obvious reasons, Yoshi's Touch and Go happens inside SMW2.

·Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time Past
Just the past parts on this game, after this, the fathers of the Mario Bros. send them to friends in Brooklyn to protect them from Bowser and the Shroobs.

·Yoshi's Story
The destruction of Yoshi's Island in this game explains why it's different from the SMW's Yoshi's Island.

·Tetris Attack
Bowser attacks Yoshi again, presumably the Yoshi that saved Yoshi' s Island and that will be Mario' s friend on SMW

·Wrecking Crew
The Mario Bros. get a job in Brooklyn as demolishers, their boss, Foreman Spike, tries to kill them for no apparent reason.

·Donkey Kong 3
Donkey Kong, an ape from the Mushroom Kingdom, escapes to Brooklyn and bothers Mario's stepcousin, Stanley, after the incident, Mario takes DK to the jungle to kill him.

·Donkey Kong Jr.
DK's son rescues him from Mario, Mario is knocked out, and the DK' s capture Pauline, Mario's girlfriend.

·Donkey Kong
They are the first four levels of Donkey Kong '94...

·Donkey Kong '94
Mario chases Donkey Kong and Pauline for all the earth, at the end, Mario finally beats DK, and Pauline shows Mario the entrance to a whole new world, the Mushroom Kingdom World. This is the first time (Storywise) that Mario is in Super Mario form.

·Mario Bros. and Return of the Mario Bros.
There were lots of pipes on the way to Mushroom World, and lots of monsters, this is the first time that Mario and Luigi fight with Koopa's army.

·Super Mario Bros.
Oh you have to know this one...

·Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
Bowser's second attack.

·Luigi's Mansion
King Boo sets a trap for the Marios, the only reason that I put this game here is because sets the stage for Super Mario Sunshine.

·Super Mario Sunshine
After being trapped in Luigi's Mansion, Mario decides to join Peach on a vacation to a tropical island, but Bowser Jr., Bowser's son, tries to avenge his father here, at the end of the game, Bowser Jr. says that he'll fight Mario again.

·Mario VS. Donkey Kong
Mario tries a job as a toy fabricant, but he goes bankrupt because of an incident involving Donkey Kong stealing toys.

·Donkey Kong Country
2 Years after Mario VS Donkey Kong, DK becomes old and names himself Cranky Kong, his grandson DK becomes an adult (Mushroom World's apes have a short lifespan) and lives adventures saving his land from K. Rool.

·Donkey Kong Country 2
This time, Diddy and Dixie Kong rescue DK.

·Donkey Kong Country 3
K. Rool tries it again, but not too hard.

·Donkey Kong 64
A year later, K. Rool tries again, for the last time, but DK, Diddy, and a bunch of Kongs appearing from nowhere save the land.

·New Super Mario Bros.
Bowser and Bowser Jr. try to capture the princess again, this time, Bowser is angry with Bowser Jr. and Bowser kills it, he replaces Bowser Jr. with seven koopas, the Koopa Kids!

·Dr. Mario
While Bowser prepares the Koopa Kids to attack, Mario becomes a doctor to save Mushroom Kingdom from nasty viruses.

·Super Mario Bros. 3
The Koopa Kids' s first attack to the Mushroom Kingdom, they fail.

·Super Mario World
Mario and Luigi save Yoshi's Island and princess Peach from the Koopas.

·Yoshi's Safari
Mario and a friendly Yoshi that he knowed in the last game save Jewelry Land from the Koopas.

·Mario is Missing
The Koopa Kids' s second attack to the Mushroom Kingdom, they succeed, and Luigi ends up trying to save Mario in the Earth while Bowser tries to melt the poles to destroy the Earth.

·Wario's Woods
A Mario imitator appears on the woods of the Mushroom Kingdom, trying to blow up everything, but Toad saves the day.

·Wario Blast: Featuring Bomberman
Wario, the bomber from Wario's Woods, finds a way to other universe and ends up competing with Bomberman, after the battle, Wario returns to the Mushroom Kingdom.

·Mario' s Time Machine
Mario prevents Bowser from destroying the history of our planet.

·Mario Clash
Mario protects the Clash tower from monsters.

·Mario & Luigi
Mario learns how to cast fire spells without being Fiery Mario.

·Paper Mario
This must be the prequel of Super Mario 64, because it' s explains things like the BJ, why Peach could make a good cake, and why the castle is protected by power stars.

·Super Princess Peach
After being imprisioned, Luigi was ill on bed, that's why he couldn' t go to Peach's party in Super Mario 64.

·Super Mario 64
Mario retrieves the 120 power stars from Bowser, after the kidnape, Peach delays the party to tomorrow.

·Super Mario 64 DS
Ah, the day after Super Mario 64, Luigi is fully recovered, and Wario decides to invite himself to the party, Bowser (That guy just NEVER gives up!) imprisions them, but Yoshi saves the day.

·Paper Mario: The Thousand Years Door
Peach is kidnaped again, Mario saves her.

·Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
Mario and Luigi travel by time to save the Mushroom Kingdom from the shroobs.

·Super Mario RPG
Mario and Bowser stop being enemys in this game, yep, that's right, Mario and Bowser are friends, this is the last time that Bowser saves the princess, the koopalings dissapear and Bowser makes replacements called the Baby Bowsers. Peach gives Mario a land called Mario land, in reward to his adventures (This explains why Mario lives in his house on games that were released AFTER SML2).

·Super Mario Land
Mario goes to a far land called Sarasaland and saves princess Daisy from aliens.

·Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins
When Mario returns to Mario Land, he finds that Wario has captured his castle! anyways, Mario beats him.

·Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3
Wario beats the brown sugar pirates and obtains his land and castle.

·Wario Land 2
The black (Yes, now they were black) sugar pirates rob Wario his fortune, but he recovers it.

·Wario Land Virtual Boy
Wario escapes from the center of the Earth.

·Wario Land 3
Wario escapes from a parallel dimension governed by a mad clown (Ruby the Clown)

·Wario Land 4
Wario raids a pyramid.

·Wario World
Wario raids a temple with an antigod, gets cursed, but manages to break the curse.

·Dr. Mario 64
Wario tries to get the money from Dr. Mario' s new invention, during the adventure, the white (Yes, white) sugar pirates are beated, and Ruby the Clown changes to the good side.

·Wario Ware Inc.
Wario forms a game creation enterprise.

·Yoshi Topsy-Turvy
Yoshi has a new adventure.

·Super Mario Bros. 2
Mario, Luigi, Toad and Peach go to the land of Subcon, to release the land from Wart, and the habitants from Subcon make them believe that it was all a dream (But it wasn't a dream.)

·Mario Karts, Partys, tennis, golfs, all sport games...
Well, now what? All the bad guys were defeated, so Mario and his universe were relaxing, playing all tipes of games, even Mario's sons, Mario Jr. and Luigi Jr., joined the fun, and Mario and Bowser were friends since Super Mario RPG, that' s why Peach isn't being kidnape anymore.

Well, that's my theory of a game order, and that' s how I think that definetly went.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 08:49:12 AM by Adventure_Knight »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2006, 04:33:08 PM »
That's a bit outlandish. How long did it take for you to come up with that?

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2006, 04:51:48 PM »
My whole life as a Mario fan ;D

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2006, 07:08:35 PM »
Maybe you're reading into it a tad too much.

« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2006, 07:13:32 PM »
No, he's not. It's a fantastic list, and actually might explain some things.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2006, 06:34:32 PM »
I know, the pieces fit so well together. It may even be the right order!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2006, 07:44:07 PM »
But there isn't any "right" order. I actually saw a very similar list on Lemmy's Land. I personally believe that the games happen in release order except the YI series, which happens in the past and DKC which I believe happens in the future (but the only thing contradicting that is the appearance of Diddy and the like in the spinoffs),

« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2006, 08:37:26 PM »
MIYAMOTO: Mario is and always has been a concept title from his birth. We are always looking for new ways of playing with him, manipulating him, to create something new and unique. We're in the midst of preparing something special for his future, something never before seen. You'll understand when you see it that we can't quite release it right away. The new Mario game will surprise many people. Give us the benefit of the doubt. I think we'll present you with a new way to have fun. There's even a new character by his side.

Q: Mario 128 will be released for Wii, then?

MIYAMOTO: Yes, of course! It's no surprise, but, of course, we will rename it. That won't be the only surprise of next year, though. We based the Revolution around this new type of game. Mario 128 played a large role in the Wii's conception, much like Mario 64 in its time. But we won't just be focusing on Mario. We're working on some very impressive games which push interactivity to the max—games of a new era.

Not only that, but we also have this:

GAMESMASTER: What inspired Super Mario Galaxy and what does it mean for Mario 128?

MIYAMOTO: Well, Mario 128 was a collection of different experiments. Super Mario Galaxy takes a lot of the experiments from Mario 128 and implements them in the game. Because of that it's partly 128 but there are also elements that existed in Mario 128. I don't know when we'll be able to bring those out.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

Print