Poll

Should their be one? (one vote per user)

For the DS
35 (64.8%)
For the GBA
9 (16.7%)
Not really, I already have the original
6 (11.1%)
Nope
4 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Print

Author Topic: Super Mario RPG GBA/DS Remake?  (Read 30078 times)

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« on: August 05, 2006, 02:41:56 AM »
Should their be one? It has been rumored for a long time, and I would really like it if Nintendo did do a SMRPG remake on the DS or GBA. Super Mario Advance 5: Super Mario RPG OR Super Mario RPG DS. Wouldn't it be nice to take one of the greatest mario games ever anywhere? I know I think so. (since i sold my original, because when I was 6 I had difficulty bearing the first Croco) Because it's really hard to find the game in stores, you can mosly find them in the internet. So I would really like it if Nintendo did this, what do you think?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Wii

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 04:56:15 AM »
I hope so. I want it, but I want a new one, not an old one with coffee stains on which probably keeps crashing, so the DS seems to be the best option. It may be with the Wii, if so i'll download it and won't get a new version if released, but there is no guarantee that is is available from the Wii.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 04:37:46 PM »
Should SMRPG be remade?  Answer: Yes.  Very yes.

I really really really really REALLY wanna try it, but I don't have a SNES. Nor are copies of this game easy to comeby nowadays.  I don't care which handheld it would be remade for.  All that matters to me that it gets remade.  However, Nintendo would need Square's say-so.  I wouldn't be able to download it on Wii, even if it will be available, till I get a new computer. 

(rant)Nothing, nowadays, is meant for any pre-OS X Mac; especially stuff on the Internet.  It really *bleep* me off.  My OS 9 is even lagging because of this.(end rant)
Regards, Uncle Dolan

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2006, 05:04:12 PM »
Kojinka, you could easily upgrade. Mac OS 9 is long gone.

And yes, I would like a remake of SMRPG.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 12:50:40 AM »
I want no Super Mario RPG remake. Buy a SNES and buy the game. Do it now.
That was a joke.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2006, 02:07:41 AM »
But it's so hard to get the game!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2006, 09:27:16 AM »
I'll let you borrow my copy of the game if you want, SB.

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2006, 10:44:10 AM »
I would love a remake of SMRPG. I never got it for the SNES amd I'm eager to play it. Hopfully, it would have some added content, like some new sidequests and enemies. It would be for the DS, since the DS has all the buttons of the SNES.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2006, 02:24:03 PM »
Do you really mean that, TC?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2006, 02:50:10 PM »
Well, kinda. The problem is getting the cartridge from my house to your house.
Maybe I can saerch through ebay and buy one for ya.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2006, 02:53:38 PM »
You don't have to go and buy me one, only even at eBay it's hard, I know, I've tried, TWICE. And in both cases they where out of games, and afterwards I stopped trying.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2006, 02:56:13 PM »
If you don't mind the legal aspect of it, it might be easier to get a ROM of SMRPG and an emulator.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2006, 02:59:08 PM »
That could be an option, only if it's legal.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2006, 11:35:55 PM »
It has been rumored for a long time,
Rumored, no. The subject of about a million petitions that Nintendo and Square seem to like to pretend don't exist, yes. I'd totally buy a DS or GBA remake (preferably a DS remake) just because it'd be portable and... reliable. My SNES coughs sometimes and dumps all the save files, you know? On all my games somehow. Oh, and think of all the people who could now get the opportunity to own it. The thought "Buy a SNES and SMRPG and some controllers and pray they don't break in the mail truck" is a lot less attractive than "Buy SMRPG for a handheld I already own," right?
In short, DS please.
Edit: No cop is going to come bust down your door and arrest you for playing a 10-year-old game through emulation. And, if they did... then you are without doubt the worst pirate I've ever heard of. But really, they've got their hands full with pot smokers and underage drinkers and crap like that. I personally use Morpheus for all my downloads.
Edit 2: Oh, but the SNES experience is way better than the emulation experience. Especially if you're using a terrible emulator like ZSNES and the sound sucks. But I did manage to make a nice animated GIF with the help of the ROM... and Imageready. It's right here.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 11:44:18 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2006, 11:53:37 PM »
That brings back memories.

Print