Poll

Should their be one? (one vote per user)

For the DS
35 (64.8%)
For the GBA
9 (16.7%)
Not really, I already have the original
6 (11.1%)
Nope
4 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Print

Author Topic: Super Mario RPG GBA/DS Remake?  (Read 30075 times)

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2006, 01:49:40 AM »
Awesome game for sure, and while I know the folks in Europe (and Austrailia, right?) missed out on SMRPG the first time around, I did not.  So me, personally?  I could care less if they rerelease it on GBA or DS.  Frankly, I'd rather have a brand new Mario adventure game (platformer or RPG) rather than yet ANOTHER Super Mario Remake. 
Haters gonna hate

Wii

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2006, 02:14:02 AM »
Haven't there only been three remakes? And 64 and mario bros. have loads of big changes. So that only leaves SMW for the GBA.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2006, 10:48:37 AM »
What the dukar?

The games that have been remade:

-SMB2
-SMW
-YI
-SMB3
-MB
-SM64

There you do.

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2006, 12:01:02 PM »
But remakes aren't bad, they give the opportunity to make more Mario fans...

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2006, 12:35:13 PM »
Kojinka, you could easily upgrade. Mac OS 9 is long gone.
Easier said than done. >_<  Because of drought, and that stupid wedding trip to New Mexico, my dad and I won't be able to afford a new Mac for me till my 19th birthday.  And if I upgrade the computer I already have, there will be less room in it for other things.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2006, 01:32:27 PM »
ZSNES is an excellent emulator with excellent performance and excellent sound.

A SMRPG reissue wouldn't hurt, but a remake? Absolutely not. I'll have none of this adding sidequests and enemies. It's a perfectly good game already. Why would you want to mess that up?
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2006, 03:44:20 PM »
Instead of a remake. I want a sequel. A direct sequel with even better RPG elements and tons of cameos from the classic Final Fantasy games. (If it can happen in a basketball game, it can happen here.)

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2006, 04:12:01 PM »
But remakes aren't bad, they give the opportunity to make more Mario fans...

I'd rather have Nintendo make NEW Mario games with NEW ideas than just crank out the old ones over and over again.  The original games have been available in different formats, and will all be in easy reach on the Wii.  I'm sick of ports, I want REAL new games, not repackaged old ones. 
Haters gonna hate

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2006, 04:30:15 PM »
I never said I wanted anything added to it. It's perfect as is. Just release it on the DS.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2006, 03:39:29 PM »
But Nintendo likely wouldn't do that.  They would try and cram new stuff into the game, which needs nothing more than what was on the original.  I'd rather that it wasn't remade onto the DS, or at all, just because there would be some cheap way to include the touch screen.  but it doesn't matter what I want, since even if it was released again, I wouldn't buy it; I'd rather play it on the SNES.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2006, 04:12:13 PM »
The reason nintendo would make a remake because IT'S SO FREAKING HARD TO GET THE ORIGINAL!!! That's why thay made SM64DS!! Because you can't find the original anywhere!!!! Okay, *deep breathe*......rant......over...
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2006, 06:57:47 PM »
Funny, I can find it where I work every couple months or so...
That was a joke.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2006, 06:00:38 PM »
Well, where do you work?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2006, 07:55:21 PM »
You think Square would allow them to add anything to it though? I think if it just got the All-Stars treatment, it'd be fine... there weren't a whole lot of glitches to fix... in fact, I can't recall any. And the graphics don't need any help either... so a port would be best. A SNES-DS port would work, you wouldn't have to make any new button arrangements, but then there's the other screen. What to do with it? I say the stats should go on one screen and the action on the other. It makes room, for one thing.
With some small alterations, a SNES-GBA port would also work, but it probably wouldn't sell as much as a SNES-DS port...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2006, 09:22:24 AM »
I agree with Bird Person, I'd rather have it for the DS rather than the GBA. I think it would work better anyway.

But first...

I have to get a DS.

Alas! I have returned. (3/22/07)

Print