Print

Author Topic: Animal Crossing cameo in Super Mario Sunshine  (Read 8013 times)

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2007, 03:49:32 PM »
Eeeh, we're getting a bit offtopic here.

And you don't break apart ROMs.
GameCube discs do not follow the ISO standard, although a somewhat similar one called "GCM" that's some crazy acronym.
So there's no such thing as a GameCube ROM.

There's a program called BMDView that views the BMD models inside some GameCube games. The games thats models follow the BMD model standard are Wind Waker, Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart Double Dash and a [truck]load of others, too. What I basically did was snag a ZIP containing a bunch of BMD conversions to 3DS, the 3D Studio file format which is very common.
BMDs can be viewed and exported to 3DS with BMDView, yes, but you need to extract the GCM data files out from it. This requires another tool that I won't mention because I'm yet unaware of its legality.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 07:21:15 PM by Deezer »

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2007, 09:55:03 AM »
Wait a minute, AC debuted after SMS, so, no one could know that it was a cameo if AC wasn't out yet!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2007, 03:04:50 PM »
Wait a minute, AC debuted after SMS, so, no one could know that it was a cameo if AC wasn't out yet!

There was an Animal Crossing game for the Nintendo 64, unless I'm mistaken.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2007, 03:45:18 PM »
There was. It was called Animal Forest, and it was released in Japan only.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2007, 10:44:20 AM »
It's not a dang Animal Crossing cameo already.
That was a joke.

Print