Print

Author Topic: The undeniable truth that Luigi Is not on Super Mario 64  (Read 6768 times)

« on: June 02, 2006, 10:31:54 AM »
The Texture.
Just ripped it from the Rom. I was kinda disappointed. But, at least now it's proven for sure.
This Topic could be the General Luigi in SM64 topic, so be my guest; Give me your opinions about the L is real thing.
Also, all kinds of fake cheats how to get Luigi are welcome.

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 12:13:58 PM »
Couldn't you make it bigger?
My sister is a...(insert threat here)

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 01:05:07 PM »
This is.......great, and all, but I think everyone knows Luigi is not and never will be in SM64. Miyamoto himself has explained that Luigi in SM64 is inconceivable. I really wish people would just put this stupid rumor to rest.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 02:46:24 PM »
NO NO NO!!!!!!1!
Why this stupid topic again? It's been 10 YEARS since SM64's release. Anyone who has searched for Luigi in SM64 DIES!!!!!1111
Sorry. L in SM64 is likely my biggest VG peeves.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 05:57:00 PM »
Argh, why don't people look through the old threads to see that this thread has been made at least 15 times already?
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 06:00:45 PM »
Gee, old news is exciting, isn't it?

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 07:49:42 PM »
Aw man, I totally thought L IS REAL!!! OMGGGGG
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2006, 09:43:12 PM »
Eventually people will start to discover Luigi's not in the game.

It may take a decade but oh well.
Senior Mariology professor

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2006, 09:53:41 PM »
Couldn't you make it bigger?

No. It's an actualy texture which's size is 32 x 32 pixels. Resizing would cause pixelation.

This is.......great, and all, but I think everyone knows Luigi is not and never will be in SM64. Miyamoto himself has explained that Luigi in SM64 is inconceivable. I really wish people would just put this stupid rumor to rest.

You may be right about those other things, but hacking Roms can do magic nowadays.

NO NO NO!!!!!!1!
Why this stupid topic again? It's been 10 YEARS since SM64's release. Anyone who has searched for Luigi in SM64 DIES!!!!!1111
Sorry. L in SM64 is likely my biggest VG peeves.

I don't believe in the L is real thing either. I just provided a texture with no signs of anykind of text. I don't see the stupidness of this topic, because I actually showed you evidence, unlike all the other threads.

Argh, why don't people look through the old threads to see that this thread has been made at least 15 times already?

I actually did. No signs of texture ripping.

Gee, old news is exciting, isn't it?

I don't think anyone else has yet ripped the texture..

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2006, 10:09:20 PM »
It wasn't much of a texture rip as much as it was a screenshot. It was still there, though, and it should have been seen.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2006, 10:36:22 PM »
Ok, now I'm not trying to put down anyone here; whoever made that video and thought it was believable was a total idiot. Lime green is overused as green. If Luigi were in SM64, his clothes would be colored more like Yoshi's skin, not like radioactive acid.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2006, 11:00:44 PM »
Face it people, I'm with Paper Luigi, BP, etc. Luigi is not in SM64!!!! L is real 2041 might not even mean Luigi! look in the dictionary for words that start with L. There are quite a few, eh?

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2006, 11:13:21 PM »
Who knows? It might be revealed to us in 2041. If they're THAT ambiguous about it, we can never know for sure. It might be a secret in the Wii's virtual console version....?
I bet I'm better than you at Yoshi's Island 64!

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2006, 12:38:41 AM »
Ok, now I'm not trying to put down anyone here; whoever made that video and thought it was believable was a total idiot.

Uh, I can't see how the author is trying to say that it's believable. He just hacked Luigi-looking model into Super Mario 64. And I clearly stated that the author has hacked the ROM.

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2006, 03:56:53 AM »
Wait what?  You guys haven't played as Luigi in Super Mario 64 yet?  It's really easy.  The 2041 thing is a code.  It goes 2-0 and 4-1.  2-0=2.  B is the 2nd letter in the alphabet.  4-1=3, and C is the 3rd letter in the alphabet.  Starting to make sense? 

What you have to do is go next to Yoshi and press the B button as well as all the C buttons simultaneously 2,041 times.  You might need a friend to help reach all those C buttons.  Don't worry about counting, just keeping mashing them simultaneously until Mario jumps on Yoshi. 

This next part is really cool.  I'm still surprised more people don't know about this though, I thought there was a big news story on IGN and stuff a few years back... that's how I heard about it at least...

Anyway, you have control of Mario riding Yoshi!  It doesn't work that well (you can't enter doors or use any of his special abilities) but it's still pretty cool.  What you do now is take Yoshi and jump behind the waterfall, obviously this is only possible while riding Yoshi.  You'll find a little cave area, and standing in the middle is Luigi!  Just run over to him on Yoshi and he'll say something like "Hey Mario, is it my turn finally?"  Tell him Yes and the camera will switch to Luigi, leaving Mario and Yoshi in the cave.  You can now play around in all the worlds as Luigi, though sadly you can't save having switched over.  I'm also pretty sure there's no way to switch back to Mario while playing, other than restarting the game. 

Luigi plays just like Mario, but still, it's pretty awesome after all these years to see a green-suited Mario Bro. wreaking havoc in 64-bit glory!

Haters gonna hate

Print