Print

Author Topic: New Mario titles unveiled at E3  (Read 56589 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #105 on: June 14, 2009, 03:56:31 PM »
"The Gimmick Galaxies", as I called them, were pretty much just right.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #106 on: June 14, 2009, 07:38:07 PM »
I, for one, would love to see some downright diabolical (World C in SMB:TLL, even) action in NSMBWii, but knowing Nintendo, this is not likely.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #107 on: June 14, 2009, 08:28:43 PM »
I cannot think of a single reason why that game isn't on the DS instead.

« Reply #108 on: June 14, 2009, 08:51:36 PM »
The average family is more likely to have one Wii, one copy of a game and four Wiimotes than four Nintendo DS's and four copies of the same game, so the Wii is much more of an accessible option for multiplayer gameplay.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #109 on: June 15, 2009, 12:43:22 AM »
The Wii has better visual capabilities
The Wii has better audio capabilities

All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #110 on: June 15, 2009, 06:23:46 AM »
When the option is available I prefer to play on a 50" screen instead of a 3" one.  My father-in-law liked watching me play ExciteTruck and Excitebots while discussing the games or having other conversations better than actually playing.  If I'd been playing on a DS while talking it would have been awkward and made me seem antisocial. 

While some games are designed with the DS in mind: Henry Hatsworth (Dual screens), Brain Age (Stylus input), etc, I never saw the necessity of NSMB being on the DS other than portability.  It used the touch screen for powerups, but that could have been done in a variety of other ways such as SMB3 or SMWs systems. 

Before the Wii was announced I'd hoped for the next Nintendo controller to have a small screen similar to the DreamCast for games like Four Swords, but since that didn't happen I guess simultaneous multiplayer is nearly as good. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #111 on: June 15, 2009, 06:58:24 AM »
The average family is more likely to have one Wii, one copy of a game and four Wiimotes than four Nintendo DS's and four copies of the same game, so the Wii is much more of an accessible option for multiplayer gameplay.
This makes the most sense, I suppose.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #112 on: June 15, 2009, 09:29:22 PM »
That was a joke.

« Reply #113 on: June 15, 2009, 09:48:20 PM »
Please tell us that April Fool's day has been moved to June 15. Please. Hasn't it been reasonably well-established that Toads are meant to have whimsically uniform personalities and only names which form adjectives when combined with the initial, "T."?!  D:<

« Reply #114 on: June 15, 2009, 10:02:50 PM »
Please reread the article.

« Reply #115 on: June 15, 2009, 10:27:36 PM »
Alright; I was under the impression that the aformentioned IGN poll actually had some clout in Nintendo's real plans. Nonetheless, IGN's forums are undoubtedly gonna be flooded with protest against the Mushroom Mens' tentative titles.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #116 on: June 15, 2009, 11:08:38 PM »
Yvan and Wolley? And an elaborate backstory? I know it's just a cynical joke but still, what the hell?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #117 on: June 16, 2009, 02:48:17 AM »
Anyone who complains about the toads should be glad they're not

« Reply #118 on: June 16, 2009, 03:25:57 AM »
Oh come on, Sonic and Tails share a big brother/little brother relationship.

Fangirls, of course, see it in a totally different light.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #119 on: June 16, 2009, 03:35:29 AM »
That was the only image of the two that I could quickly find in a Google search. but to me it definitely looks like the two are pounding fists, not holding hands. But I'm probably wrong.

Print