Print

Author Topic: New Mario titles unveiled at E3  (Read 56590 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #120 on: June 16, 2009, 05:13:16 AM »
The Toads do look great in comparison to other possibilities, but I'll say it again: I would rather have Wario and Yoshi playable. Yoshi could ride Waluigi.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #121 on: June 16, 2009, 07:41:51 AM »
The thing about the Toads being playable is that now we know how the heck they were able to keep up with Mario in games such as SMG.

It's also worth noting that Toad was able to use power-ups in the SMB Super Show, so maybe they're drawing their inspiration from more sources than we thought.

« Reply #122 on: June 16, 2009, 09:40:41 AM »
The Toads do look great in comparison to other possibilities, but I'll say it again: I would rather have Wario and Yoshi playable. Yoshi could ride Waluigi.

This. Except maybe the Waluigi part.... then again, maybe not.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #123 on: June 16, 2009, 11:34:15 AM »
Yoshi could ride Waluigi.

Everyone could ride Waluigi.

Honestly, why couldn't Nintendo have sufficed with Mario, Luigi, one single Toad and Wario? Bluurghh.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #124 on: June 16, 2009, 11:55:28 AM »
Maybe because Wario's abilities are different (super-strength for one) and having him be playable in a multiplayer setting wouldn't be fair unless all the other characters had different abilities?

« Reply #125 on: June 16, 2009, 02:13:27 PM »
Been said before.  However, in SM64DS, practically the only special thing he had was the ability to punch black bricks (discounting the metal, since Mario could at one point to that too.)
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #126 on: June 16, 2009, 03:26:41 PM »
What if some Star Coins were hidden under black blocks that only Wario could break, while others were in crevices too high for anyone but Luigi to reach? That sort of concept could work, methinks.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #127 on: June 16, 2009, 03:45:23 PM »
Then...you'd need to have the option to choose your character...which this game lacks anyway since it isn't really based that heavily on SMB2.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #128 on: June 16, 2009, 04:45:28 PM »
This is all assuming they'd be identically playable, like Mario and Luigi in the original games, like every character in Mario Party.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #129 on: June 16, 2009, 04:50:17 PM »
Well, there's no saying whether or not you'll be able to choose your character when in single-player mode. For instance, most ofthe Super Mario Advance series remakes gave players the option to swap between Mario and Luigi (not to mention Toad and Peach in the case of SMB2).

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #130 on: June 16, 2009, 04:57:48 PM »
The only reason the handheld remakes changed that was because they needed more gimmicks and, being that they were essentially single-player, needed a way for Luigi to not be worthless. I think the switching thing in NSMB comes from a combination of trying to return to the original formula and putting Luigi in to keep the title accurate.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #131 on: June 17, 2009, 10:21:14 AM »
Speaking of Toad in SMB2, I was thinking that maybe, maybe the blue Toad seen in the videos for New SMBW could be conisdered the Toad. He was all blue in SMB2, after all..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #132 on: June 17, 2009, 10:49:53 AM »
That was due to palette limitations and fixed in later versions.
That was a joke.

« Reply #133 on: June 18, 2009, 09:53:07 AM »
Yeah. I just hate the idea of playing as a generic Retainer. I really hope the two in the videos are placeholders for Toad and.. maybe Toadette. Maybe. Or Yoshi.

Of course, Yoshi riding a Yoshi would be weird..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #134 on: June 18, 2009, 01:21:27 PM »
Speaking of Toad in SMB2, I was thinking that maybe, maybe the blue Toad seen in the videos for New SMBW could be conisdered the Toad. He was all blue in SMB2, after all..
Well, SMB2 was the first game to actually have the Toad, since SMB1 had the 7 generic toads at the ends of the castle levels.
Thank you mario but our princess is in another castle!

Print