Print

Author Topic: "Things Babies Born in 2011 Will Never Know"  (Read 12530 times)

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2011, 07:43:12 PM »
VHS IS [dukar]!

Cut it out man, my nostalgia goggles can't take any further abuse!
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2011, 07:32:53 AM »
At least you can rewind properly on VHS instead of that stupid scene skip on DVD, plus VHSes don't have unskippable advertisements and menus.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2011, 08:03:10 AM »
What? You can fast-forward on DVDs.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2011, 10:04:28 AM »
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2011, 05:46:44 PM »
At least you can rewind properly on VHS instead of that stupid scene skip on DVD, plus VHSes don't have unskippable advertisements and menus.

Stop purchasing early-Millennium Disney DVDs and you won't have this problem.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2011, 09:34:51 PM »
What is The Chef talking about? DVD can fast-forward or rewind at multiple speeds with no quality loss. Superior to VHS by any measure.

Lack of animated menus is perhaps the single advantage I would grant to a VHS. You don't want to know the insane things I've done to avoid animated menu-delivered spoilers.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2011, 06:42:54 AM »
I'm beginning to think you have some sort of mental problem.

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2011, 05:53:56 PM »
I have been able to fast-forward a DVD by clicking and holding on certain buttons, but the VHS way is more fluid, as crazy as the screen looks. XD

Hee hee...Lizard Dude, I'm actually curious to know what lengths you would go with those menus. :D

A

« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2011, 02:28:26 AM »
Another thing babies born in 2011 will never know: An actual queen of England.

If/when Charles becomes king, Camilla's gonna go by "princess consort" to not **** off Diana's fanbase.

And then if/when William becomes king, Kate can't be a real queen like E2 is because she just married into it.

If William and Kate have a daughter, then babies born in 2011 might see an actual queen for a few years before they die, but still.
"I was going to post and say "I have one of those!" because I recognized the hair immediately, but then the rest of the pic loaded and I nearly spit my drink out."
1-800-COLLECT: SAVE A BUCK OR TWO!!

Print