Poll

who's the MOST annoying mario character

Yoshi
Luigi
Peach
Wario
Waluigi
Print

Author Topic: Your most disliked character...  (Read 56973 times)

« Reply #210 on: March 25, 2006, 10:50:40 PM »
*sigh* It's nice at least someone likes those voices, because I sure don't.  Thankfully, it doesn't matter because I never bought an Advance game anyway!  Hooray for Super Nintendo!
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #211 on: March 26, 2006, 10:43:10 AM »
Ya. The new Yoshi voices are absolutely terrible, mainly because I'm a proponent of the "Yoshi doesn't speak English" theory. If Yoshi can say things like "whoa" and comprehend English, why can't he just talk to everyone else normally?
~I.S.~

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #212 on: March 26, 2006, 11:52:27 AM »
On M&L, PiT, Yoshi's (sort of) can talk to you.

Have you noticed the diferrent Yoshi Voices? (compare MK64 and SMS)

« Reply #213 on: March 26, 2006, 03:03:30 PM »
Baby Mario - ANNOYING. That cry really gets on your nerves... Even if he's pretty good in Mario Tennis. But how is it Baby Mario and Super Mario exist in the same time period?

Baby Luigi - "Uh-oh, Baby Wuigi time." Same as Baby Mario. Minus being good in Mario Tennis.

Baby Bowser - I didn't mind Baby Bowser in Yoshi's Island or Yoshi's Story. But now I've had enough of him. I'm sick of him being in the Mario Party games and he's annoying in Sunshine. And I hate how they call him "Koopa Kid". He is NOT a Koopa Kid.

I'm not one who gets easily annoyed, but my main concern about Baby Mario and Baby Luigi is that it's impossible for them to exist the same time as the present Super Mario Brothers, but of course I guess there's no timeline in the Mario sports and Kart games.

And Baby Bowser is not to be confused with the Baby Bowsers of the Mario Party games and Bowser Jr. of Super Mario Sunshine.  They may look alike (because all Monstrous Koopas, as I like to call them, look the same), but Baby Bowser of Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Story is the young version of the Bowser we know now.  And Yoshi's Island takes place years ago when the Super Mario Brothers were babies.  As for Yoshi's Story, Baby Bowser either went back in time to when Yoshi was a born or different Yoshis were born after the Super Mario Brothers were saved from being raised by the Koopas.

Oh, and speaking of Koopas.  I don't think the Koopas were really evil until Bowser came along.  I think Kamek was just paranoid when he prophesized that the Super Mario Bros. would bring down the Koopa Kingdom, and it's really Bowser's fault.  He provoked the Super Mario Brothers into foiling his invasion of the Koopa Kingdom in the original 1985 Super Mario Brothers.  Of course, he didn't want the Super Mario Brothers to stop him, but he did want power and to be evil.  In addition to us finding out what happened to Bowser's real wife, I think we should find out what made him so evil.  I think one of the reasons he became less evil is because of his weakness and soft spot for Peach.

Anyway, like I said, I'm sorry for having a big mouth or making you feel bad, but that this is what I believe.
"Eet's-a Mad-io not-a Ma-dio"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #214 on: March 26, 2006, 03:12:22 PM »
I suppose you could say the spinoffs exist "outside of time." Then again, Luigi acknowledged they happened in his diary in Paper Mario. They happen between the games, when the Bros. have spare time. As for the babies appearing in the spinoffs, it's all explained in M&L: PiT. Time holes. Although time holes didn't really happen until the Shroobs took over in the past and E. Gadd invented his time machine in the present. Maybe when Luigi is describing "playing golf and having parties" in his PM diary, he means playing them as Baby Luigi with his future (present) self and the rest of the future people, and the spinoffs actually happened after M&L: PiT when E. Gadd had his time machine. 
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #215 on: March 29, 2006, 08:03:30 PM »
Oh most annoying... um.... I thought you said most disliked so I put Waluigi.
If I would've known it said annoying, I would've put Peach.  My Bad.

« Reply #216 on: March 31, 2006, 09:14:52 AM »
Oh, and speaking of Koopas.  I don't think the Koopas were really evil until Bowser came along.  I think Kamek was just paranoid when he prophesized that the Super Mario Bros. would bring down the Koopa Kingdom

Bowser's last name is Koopa. King Bowser Koopa, King Koopa, Bowser Koopa, King Bowser.. all of those are the same person (reptile, thing..)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #217 on: June 15, 2006, 05:45:34 PM »
I'm going to be quite honest, and because of it, I'm probably gonna get attacked by an angry mob of fans: Peach has the most annoying voice on the face of the earth these days. And, besides that, she's just plain annoying! *gigglesnort* I don't think the descriptions they have for her in the instruction booklets for the Mario Party and sport games help, either. Have you read those things?!

Oh, and about the constant Waluigi bashing. Let me state my oppinion on the matter: He's my favorite character, for one thing. People bash him just because he's a newer character and hasn't gotten his own spotlight yet, really. You know, Luigi started out as a sidekick and look where he is now! Besides, if you're acctually calling Waluigi stupid, than please just look at Peach and several of the other Mario characters. The guy's sneaky and stealthy. Also, for those who think that he's unoriginal just because of his name, you should know that it means 'someone who's bad'. =P So nyah. *stops ranting before she goes off on an even longer rant*

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #218 on: June 15, 2006, 06:41:05 PM »
Luigi started out as a sidekick and look where he is now!
In the path of falling objects. XD
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #219 on: June 15, 2006, 06:41:16 PM »
I like Peach, personally.  Sometimes her girly nature and blonde personality is just plain funny.  I remember reading one of her quotes off of someone's signature.  It was of when she figured out that (spoiler for PM2 if you're lame and don't have it) she was on the moon, and she said:  "The moon?  Like the big one that hangs up in the sky?" (spoiler over) And so, I just find her blonde moments and occasional bliss rather humorous.
She's simply to innocent to dislike.

And as far as Waluigi goes, I would like to see him tying Peach up to a railroad track one of these days, snickering and rubbing the end of his mustache.  That'd be great.  
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #220 on: June 15, 2006, 07:52:31 PM »
Too lazy to scan this one.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #221 on: June 15, 2006, 08:31:34 PM »
now theres birdo? come on now thas a obsurd character.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #222 on: June 15, 2006, 10:57:27 PM »
Haha!  Nice, Bird Person.
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #223 on: June 16, 2006, 04:37:27 PM »
theres a hint of comedic value in that picure.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #224 on: June 16, 2006, 05:11:49 PM »
I voted for Waluigi. Not because I dislike the character, but because he has potential that Nintendo hasn't tapped into, and never will. I hate when they make a character with lots of potential that goes untapped, sending them into 'early retirement' or abuse as filler character who nobody likes. This is why I wanted the Wario's Woods bosses to come back. As for people hating his name, I think it would've turned out better if they made it Waruigi instead of Waluigi. Why? Because:

1. It stresses the word that the name is played on: Warui, which means bad.
2. The symbol on his hat looks sorta like a lowercase R.
3. It looks less like they stuck 'wa' at the end of Luigi. Thereby ridding us of that cliche.

So that's my 2 cents.

Print