Print

Author Topic: Subliminal Messages?  (Read 44712 times)

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #105 on: May 25, 2006, 07:25:50 PM »
It scared me so bad!!!! I was home alone too! I have been fearing it for the past three hours or so. I think I will be afraid to listen to music fast forwarded or backwards for a long time.

P.S. were those pics at the end real?

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #106 on: May 25, 2006, 07:37:24 PM »
Sicne it was albinoblacksheep, I was expecting it.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2006, 12:50:03 AM »
Biscuits make you immune to fear?

For some reason, I wasn't scared... it was weird. Part of me wanted to yell, but I guess I didn't. Huh.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #108 on: May 26, 2006, 08:19:57 AM »
I remember watching The Thing, which I still find pretty chilling, as a little kid. The first few minutes, despite the presence of the actual Thing, scared the everliving crap outta me. Then I went to the kitchen during a commercial break (actually, when I was a kid, they had way fewer commercial breaks) and started eating some pizza. I was still scared to death when the Thing first appeared, but at least all the half-chewn-up pizza and assorted popcorn bits went on my sister and dad.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #109 on: May 26, 2006, 02:29:00 PM »
Great, after hearing all these impressions, I'm afraid to click on that link.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #110 on: May 26, 2006, 03:10:18 PM »
Yeah I got my sister (She's older than me) To listen to it first. She told me not to look at it myself! So I didn't. *shivers*
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #111 on: May 26, 2006, 03:40:18 PM »
Hahahahaha, that thing was awesome.
That was a joke.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #112 on: May 26, 2006, 05:10:23 PM »
I will ask again. Were those pics at the end real? I was too scared to tell!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #113 on: May 26, 2006, 07:00:24 PM »
"Real"? What is "real"?
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #114 on: May 27, 2006, 10:24:19 AM »
In actuality, the pictures at the end aren't that scary when viewed up-close, but the sudden quick flash and scream are what make it frightening. I caught a freeze-frame of a few of the images:

A screenshot from Fatal Frame
A picture of a "Harlequin baby" (a malformed baby with a skin disorder)
A skull

Among other things. The scream is so frightening because of two factors: 1 - Because the alleged "backwards Lord's Prayer" is so quiet, you turn the volume up to here the spooky noises in the background; 2 - It's very sudden - assuming you fell for the volume trick, the scream will be very loud and jarring, along with the freaky images.
every

« Reply #115 on: May 27, 2006, 10:27:40 AM »
I did not fall for the volume trick, but it was still scary, as the voice saying the Lord's Prayer was dark and.......well, scary!
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #116 on: May 27, 2006, 03:09:12 PM »
Yeah, gotta watch out for that volume trick. It even works if someone says to "listen closely" or "look closer".
every

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #117 on: May 28, 2006, 11:31:39 PM »
I haven't clicked that link yet. Will I ever? The world may never know.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Luigison

• Old Person™
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #119 on: May 31, 2006, 08:05:57 AM »
Neato. Except my computer cheated for me: it showed all the images for about ten seconds each while it loaded.
every

Print