Poll

Should their be one? (one vote per user)

For the DS
35 (64.8%)
For the GBA
9 (16.7%)
Not really, I already have the original
6 (11.1%)
Nope
4 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Print

Author Topic: Super Mario RPG GBA/DS Remake?  (Read 29917 times)

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #105 on: February 01, 2007, 02:36:14 AM »
You mean his sprites were different in original SMW and SMAS+SMW versions. Regular SMAS wouldn't have any SMW sprite version, obviously.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #106 on: February 01, 2007, 10:27:57 AM »
Also, there are no differences between the sprites for other games in SMAS and SMAS+SMW.
That was a joke.

« Reply #107 on: February 01, 2007, 12:59:18 PM »
Wait, hold on.... Luigi's sprites were different in the SMAS + SMW and just plain SMAS cartridges?!  (Didn't know that...)  Anyway, if this is true, I'll have to compare my "common" cart with my friend's "rare" cart.  I think he has a whole bunch of rare SNES stuff and doesn't know it...

Don't mean to derail, but while looking up how rare some games were that I was interested in purchasing, I decided to consult my old friend, this list: http://snescentral.edgeemu.com/lists/snes_rarity_list.txt

Note that SMAS+SMW gets a "D" for rarity, making it less common than SMAS, but not rare.

However, I notice that plenty of games I own are on the higher end of the scale that surprise me.  Kirby Super Star has a B.  Rex Ronan: Experimental Surgeon is an A- (okay, I never expected that one to be common).  Top Gear 3000... B.  So rarity... WHATEVER.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #108 on: February 01, 2007, 01:45:43 PM »
You rely on a a guide to tell you how rare games are? I usually find out on how often I see them in stores. And SMRPG Is wayy more than a C! Same with Earth Bound!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #109 on: February 01, 2007, 02:06:06 PM »
Haha, I'm going to trust a guide written by many people who have put countless hours into looking around stores and on eBay and such than 1 person such as yourself.  No offense.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #110 on: February 01, 2007, 02:09:27 PM »
None taken.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #111 on: February 01, 2007, 05:35:20 PM »
That list seems pretty accurate. Although I would note that Super Mario RPG and Super Mario Kart rarely ever come in where I work, and we get lots of Top Gear 3000 and Super Solitaire. So, yeah.
That was a joke.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #112 on: February 01, 2007, 06:21:37 PM »
Anybody know where I could find a copy of this game?  Like on eBay somewhere?
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #113 on: February 01, 2007, 11:13:00 PM »
Yeah, eBay is a good place to look.
That was a joke.

« Reply #114 on: February 08, 2007, 04:36:25 PM »
Wow....just wow.

I was a member of the SMRPG Legacy forums before they closed. I am now a member of Super Mario Legacy. And throughout all the time I tried to help with the SMRPG GBA/DS remake campaign, I have never seen a topic about it get this big on any forum.

Although I would still like to see it portable on the DS, I am happy that it will eventually be available for the Virtual Console. I don't know how much time my SNES has left before it bites the dust... :(
Snifit 1: "Booster, Sir. There is a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake."

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #115 on: February 08, 2007, 10:17:53 PM »
SMRPG Legacy forums are shut down? Man! SMRPG Legacy are my fave place for Mario RPG info!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #116 on: February 09, 2007, 10:18:34 PM »
Why do people think solid state equipment is going to wear out?
That was a joke.

« Reply #117 on: February 09, 2007, 10:33:04 PM »
Because people enjoy blaming time, when in fact what wore out the system was their little cousin playing Godzilla on the poor piece machinery.  Poor time, always getting the short end of the stick...
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Print