Print

Author Topic: The PROTOTYPE topic: Discuss all PRE-RELEASE video games here!  (Read 32580 times)

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2006, 07:29:08 PM »
I agree.
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2006, 07:31:44 PM »
You know that making two-word posts like that is considered spam, right? At least add something when you post.

« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2006, 10:38:09 PM »
You know actually, it looks like the pre-release videos for Sunshine (in the original post) look like they would add alot to the game if they kept some of that, I mean the colors aren't as vibrant as the original and the water or interface isn't as polished, but the giant thing walking would be cool and some of the look of the buildings and city layouts would be cool if they had that with the polished graphics but made it like an extended part of the plaza.

« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2006, 03:23:35 PM »
uPdAtz0rz

I submitted a question about the giant mushroom man in the prototype SMS to Nintendo Pulse. Hopefully it will appear in the magazine. Anyways, since I have an AR, I'm going to do some more studying on the prototype SMS.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2006, 03:01:27 PM »
HINT:Defeat it to get a shine-sprite.

« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2006, 08:25:14 PM »
Umm... no. I defeated it, and all I got was a coin.

uPd4tz0rz
I used my Action Replay to get into TEST Level, and I have come to the conclusion that the "banana man" is a later version of the mushroom-man. However, the idea for it was scrapped and it was only left in to test collisions (which don't work in TEST), bosses and enemies. The banana-man would be the boss, and to test enemies, it would produce goopies and widgets.*

*This is just a theory.

« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2006, 08:17:25 AM »
New discovery:

In TEST Level, there's that giant overripe banana that walks around everywhere. And it will walk into that pit, but it will continue to walk into that wall until it eventually goes through it. However, I have found that if you stomp on it for your first time, you will get 2 coins (1 for stomping on the banana-man and another that appears after you stomp on it). But if you do it a second time, you will get 3 coins (2 for stomping on the banana-man and 1 that appears after you stomp on it). Do it a third time, you will get 4, and so on. This leads me to beleive that there isn't just 1 Shine in that level, but 2. I'm currently attempting to get that hidden 2nd Shine (in TEST Level). More news after I get 100 coins.

EDIT: I'm at 99 coins. I'm about to get the 100th coin... awww... crap. The game froze. It froze when I touched the coin, so it seems that the programmers didn't implent 100-coin-Shines until after the test level.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 08:45:59 AM by cantthinkofaname »

« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2006, 12:10:23 PM »
Click

Apparently, it's a beta version of Banjo Kazooie. Pretty cool
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2006, 06:54:08 PM »
Alpha Nintendo Games are usualy always better than the Final Product.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 03:29:04 PM by coolkid »

« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2006, 08:04:52 PM »
Beta Nintendo Games are usualy always better than the Final Product.

If it is not to much to ask, Coolkid, could you tell us why you think this? I'm not saying your opinion is wrong, I just asking you to elaborate on your opinion.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2006, 08:07:02 PM »
Beta Nintendo Games are usualy always better than the Final Product.

Yes they are, with their uncompletedness and glitches and random areas where no collision sensors are placed...
</sarcasm>

Seriously, you actually think that prototypes are better than finals?

P.S.: You capatalized too many things...

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2006, 01:12:54 PM »
I think he means that some of the placeholders and junk end up looking better than the final product, and let's not forget all the features that usually get scrapped even though it would've been cool to have them.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2006, 03:28:39 PM »
SM64:The wa-hoo thingie annoys me. And they planed to make it all ya wa acording to the SM64 Alpha Vid. Zelda64(Alpha OOT):Not as hard and more cell-shady ness. SMS:Perfect diffuculty in my looks. Banjo Kazooie(Beta):Easier to fly.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 03:30:48 PM by coolkid »

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2006, 07:57:05 PM »
Looks like I'm posting in this topic again. This can only mean that I have yet another video, right? Right. This time it's Paper Mario.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNW6X-D8Jw8
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2006, 08:35:32 PM »
Thanks for contributing.
The more prototypes, the better. 'Cause I'm opening up a website that's going to include all of this stuff. :-)

New video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGbmUl9YceQ
A guy playing Super Mario Galaxy. He seems to be very good at it.

Print