Print

Author Topic: The PROTOTYPE topic: Discuss all PRE-RELEASE video games here!  (Read 32952 times)

« Reply #105 on: November 06, 2006, 07:49:55 PM »
Umm... 'k.

Some guy named drx on the S2Beta board found a prototype cartrage of Sonic the Hedgehog 2. But this isn't the same one we already have on a ROM. This one's later than the one we have, suggessting this is a RC1, unlike the demo we have. So far, the guy's paied for it, and he's going to be receiving it soon. More info once he gets the cartrage and dumps it.

Link:
http://www.s2beta.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8231
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #106 on: November 07, 2006, 12:24:18 AM »
I see that this topic has been renamed. You are dead to me.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #107 on: November 07, 2006, 09:52:27 AM »
Dang, I found a video of a beta Mario Kart yesterday, but I can't find it now!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #108 on: November 08, 2006, 09:00:33 PM »
Umm... 'k.

Some guy named drx on the S2Beta board found a prototype cartrage of Sonic the Hedgehog 2. But this isn't the same one we already have on a ROM. This one's later than the one we have, suggessting this is a RC1, unlike the demo we have. So far, the guy's paied for it, and he's going to be receiving it soon. More info once he gets the cartrage and dumps it.

Link:
http://www.s2beta.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8231

SKAARG

The Sonic the Hedgehog 2 prototype. The one used in the very, very old Nick Arcade special. Note: This is a link to the topic that has the rom, not a direct link to the rom. Not considered warez.

I'm up for the drx-ism religion.

http://www.s2beta.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8345

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #109 on: November 08, 2006, 09:04:04 PM »
Note: This is a link to the topic that has the rom, not a direct link to the rom. Not considered warez.
Not drawing attention to yourself is often a good idea.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #110 on: November 09, 2006, 10:02:45 AM »
Hmmmmm, I saw that beta screenshot of the title screen on a sonic gamecube game manual. I think it was that port sonic mega collection but I'm not shure....
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #111 on: November 10, 2006, 01:41:27 AM »
DRX is also the guy who made that Ristar level editor.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #112 on: November 22, 2006, 12:43:21 PM »
I'm not sure if this will greatly contribute to anything, but I found an interesting (to say the least) video on YouTube. Link here.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #113 on: November 22, 2006, 03:47:24 PM »
I remember that being posted here already.

« Reply #114 on: January 06, 2007, 03:29:16 PM »
Dr. Mario prototype stuff.

Part 1
Part 2

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #115 on: January 06, 2007, 03:33:36 PM »
Sorry, that's not beta stuff.  Those sprites are found in the cutscenes when you beat levels that are multiples of 5.  The guy is totally mistaken.

« Reply #116 on: January 09, 2007, 09:39:25 PM »
I found this link at the Video Game Museum website. It's in the most recent updates for their website, talking about a SMW that looks more like an SMB3.

http://xoomer.alice.it/mononline/unseen/marioworldbeta.htm (how do take a single word and turn it into a link, like others have done in this topic?)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #117 on: January 09, 2007, 10:12:05 PM »
Hey, they just snagged those pics from Chris Covell (which he in turn had scanned from a a Japanese magazine from 1989)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #118 on: January 10, 2007, 07:09:06 PM »
Why do prototypes always look better than finished games?
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #119 on: January 10, 2007, 07:47:55 PM »
I guess it's just human nature. If that prototype were the final and vice-versa, we'd probably say the same thing.

Print