Print

Author Topic: os x mod?  (Read 6351 times)

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2006, 01:07:42 PM »
Apple released a multi-button mouse quite awhile ago, Glorb.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2006, 01:02:34 PM »
Yes, but
1. Touch-sensitive does not work well for the way people use mice... they expect to be able to rest their fingers and click.
2. Still stuck with one giant button on their laptops.

Anyway, just run one of the many PC emulators and then DOS/Windows with whatever program you're trying to use.

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2006, 04:56:36 PM »
Well, Macs ARE compatible with third party mice that have two buttons....

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2006, 06:06:20 AM »
I just used a Mac laptop the other night... it was pretty good. Bit hard to adjust to, but it was quite fun to play with.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2006, 03:35:52 PM »
No good... I can't use a mouse when I've got a laptop in my lap.

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2006, 04:08:24 PM »
Well, either way, I don't see how hard it is to adjust to a ctrl-click if only one button is present on a mouse....Maybe that's because I was raised on Macs...

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2006, 07:47:22 PM »
It's not just an issue of adjustment, it's an issue of an inferior interface leading to loss of productivity.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2006, 12:12:18 AM »
I read Vid's small text as "raised on Mars". I figure that would be a good enough reason.
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2006, 10:15:13 AM »
I read Vid's small text as "raised on Mars". I figure that would be a good enough reason.
Good.  It wasn't just me. 

Right click = one finger.  Control click = two hands.  Hmmm.  Right click seems a lot easier to me.

Edit:  I read Vid's post wrong, and was not raised on Mars.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2006, 10:17:09 AM »
Eh, we all have our tastes. I was raised on PC FPSes, so a right-click is a must for me.
every

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2006, 11:45:12 AM »
I've used both, but I'm mostly a windows user simply because I'm more familiar with it.  While Mac's don't have the security issues that Windows computers do, I tend to circumvent most of Window's security holes (especially those in Internet explorer) by using a different browser.  Even after all of this, Apple tends to make the best computers, rated best in both reliability and customer service for desktops, as noted by Consumer Reports, for the last several years.  As for laptops, they are also at the top in service, but reliability-wise it is a close second to Toshiba (quite a surprise, if you ask me).

So, closing word, getting one computer over another is entire your preference.  As for why this topic is getting, well, off-topic, I don't know.  And, if you really want to run an editor on a Mac, try these three options:

1) Get virtual PC and run a version of windows.
2) Learn C++ or another coding language, get the source code of the program you want, convert it so that it will run in a Mac environment, and recompile into a new program.
3) Get a cheap, used,  windows PC, use it as an editor, and transfer files between the two.
Too many numbers...

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2006, 11:51:32 AM »
's too bad that most of those options require money...

Print