Print

Author Topic: Mario Universe Voice Acting Mysteries, Etc.  (Read 41161 times)

« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2009, 11:51:43 PM »
Man, popsicle, mexico, off I go, what are you people hearing hahaha.

I figure some people are gonna start saying they have trouble understanding Mario in MK64 menus in a few posts or so.

"Welcome to Mario Kart" is gonna become, "Hell com, to Maddio Cot."
"Select a level!" is gonna become "Select a hell pool."
"Okay?" is gonna turn into "Oh, gay?" or to further the more "Mexican" aspect of Mario, it'll be "Oh, que?"
"Mario Grand Prix" is gonna turn into "Maddio Grandma Pee."

I know those don't sound all that great, but Jesus, from what you guys have said you've been hearing, what I said above wouldn't surprise me anymore.

Actual ROFL moment. THANK YU

Anyway, this is based on my memory, but I believe when Toad gets hit in MK:SC it sounds like he's saying "Meatloaf!". No, I'm not even trying to make a joke...

« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2009, 07:57:37 AM »
MKW Spongebob reference?

Crazy, but that does sound quite like what he says
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2009, 10:58:26 PM »
Yeah, it does sound like it.

I always figured he just said "MA...ma!" the way he does instead of a calmer "mama mia" in favor of it sounding a bit more natural, surprised, and genuine... you know, a little less scripted. I mean, if you're driving your car, and a huge turtle shell flies up and makes your car do a front flip, you'd probably be silent then be like "um.... [wtd]>????? WHAT HAPPENED?" rather than "oh dear, I've been hit" the split second you notice the shell hit you.
Formerly quite reasonable.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2009, 09:21:22 PM »
From what I can remember, Wario in Wario World would say something when he did some move (I think it was a sort of ramming move) that sounded like "******!"
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2009, 10:03:45 PM »
For as much as Martinet apparently loves his job, I'm surprised Mario doesn't talk more. I mean, I like silent protagonists and all, but I liked how he was fairly comfortable with using his voice in Super Mario 64, casually breaking the fourth wall and whatnot. I finished Super Paper Mario again yesterday and it got me wondering what it would be like if the whole game were thoroughly voiced, or if Mario talked. I tried to play as Bowser as much as possible so I could get more dialog... sadly I wasn't missing much...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2009, 07:56:28 AM »
I'd like to hear the Mario Bros. talk quite a bit more as well, I think M&L:SS hit the correct amount of dialogue right on the head...
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2009, 08:04:25 AM »
Mario talks pretty generously in Mario vs. Donkey Kong. Of course, most of it's hard to understand, but it proves it's not impossible to hold a complete sentence talking like Mario.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2009, 12:50:49 PM »
For as much as Martinet apparently loves his job, I'm surprised Mario doesn't talk more.

I think he doesn't realize that Nintendo only uses the grunts and yelps rather than the full sentences after recording. His voice talents aren't used to their full potential within the games. This kind of thing makes me really want an animated Mario movie where Martinet ad-libs all of Mario and Luigi's dialog.

« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2009, 07:47:06 PM »
Totally agree that the voice in Mario vs. Donkey Kong was awesome. In fact, I talked to Martinet himself about it.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2009, 01:36:59 AM »
"Hey, come back here! .....no you don't.... no, you don't!"

"Here we go again...again!"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2009, 11:22:52 AM »
In the credits, when Martinet's name shows up, you hear Mario say something like "nice Italian boy" and for Miyamoto, "oh, don't forget Miyamoto..."

« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2009, 02:58:12 PM »
I guess you didn't watch the vid! Oh right, dial-up.

« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2009, 05:09:02 PM »
In the credits, when Martinet's name shows up, you hear Mario say something like "nice Italian boy" and for Miyamoto, "oh, don't forget Miyamoto..."
He says "Ah, that Charles Martinet. Nice Italian boy!"

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2009, 02:10:26 PM »
Okay, got a new one.

In Sunshine, when Mario runs into something or whatever is one of his phrases "Watch it!" like I've always understood it as, or something different?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2009, 02:42:31 PM »
I've always heard "watch it" too.
That was a joke.

Print