Print

Author Topic: October 7  (Read 3111 times)

« on: October 03, 2008, 06:54:24 AM »
Weird Al is releasing a new song to iTunes on October 7. He says it's a "parody of a song that very recently was (or perhaps still is) the number one song in the country".

Sounds like from now on, he'll be releasing all his songs as soon as they're finished so they hit while the original song is still big.

Source

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 07:08:12 AM »
Hmm... good strategy in terms of relevance, but I wonder how that'll hold up if/when new albums are released.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 09:22:57 AM »
I can't help but read his writing in the most over the top comical voice possible.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 10:11:06 AM »
Weird Al is awesome.  Definitely the best.
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 12:27:59 PM »
Sweet, can't wait to see what song it is, even though I probably wouldn't recognize it since I haven't been watching TV or music videos recently. Anything by Weird Al makes a song funnier or tolerable.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 02:37:21 PM »
It's surely going to be based on I Kissed A Girl.

Hmm... good strategy in terms of relevance, but I wonder how that'll hold up if/when new albums are released.
The albums will probably be where his originals and artist/genre parodies show up for the first time. Those don't need to be rushed out like direct parodies.

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 06:48:11 PM »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 06:50:36 PM »
We can play cribbage all night.
That was a joke.

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 07:10:08 PM »
Yo my wallet's fat and full of ones.

It's all about the Washingtons.

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 08:13:12 PM »
I liked reading those comments on the blog.

"I'll bet it's "I Kissed A Squirrel!!!"

But yeah, bought it on iTunes pretty much as soon as I checked his site for it. I've never used iTunes for anything prior to this. Except for sampling music that I don't own.

Good stuff! Fits in really well with his previous work. I'm curious to see what other songs are going to be made for the next album. I'm also really looking forward to the next tour... whenever that will end up being.
I'm a horrible person.

Print