Print

Author Topic: (insert adjective here) stories  (Read 86830 times)

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #255 on: November 12, 2007, 01:23:14 PM »
No, actually-- remember, the bleeding was extremely deep, and didn't start exploding out of my nose until I leaned over the sink. And what a mess that made.

« Reply #256 on: November 12, 2007, 03:00:06 PM »
Do you know what caused the bleeding, or has this happened every so often with you like it does with some people?
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #257 on: November 12, 2007, 03:12:08 PM »
...the cold, dry air that had been invading had nearly killed my nose...

« Reply #258 on: December 01, 2007, 01:57:14 AM »
The Extra-Terrestrial Phone Call

So earlier tonight, after I got out of my shower, my cell phone rang.

I read the little screen, saying it was a "Private call". I thought "odd", and answered it. The following dialogue ensued:
"Hello?"
"Yes, is this [Vidgmchtr]?"
"...Yes?"
"Hi. do you live on [street]?"
"...Yes, why?"
"We have recently learned that there has been extra-terrestrial acitivity on your street."
"Really? Is that so?"
"Yes. We also have your name on our file. It claims that you yourself have come into contact with the extra-terrestrial life."
"...I have? That's...odd. I have not come into contact with any extra-terrestrial life, sir."
"...I think you're lying."
"..."

So he went on, saying that I have been contacting with said life. At first this seemed like an amusing prank, but it quickly got irritating:

"Is this a joke, sir?"
"No. you might think this might be a 'prank call' as you children today call it, but this is serious."
"...Is that so. Sir, your voice sounds familiar." (It did. I know I've heard it somewhere before.)
"I can assure you that we have not talked until this call."
"...Sir, can I hang up now?"
"NO. If you hang up, it will be a federal offense, and we will visit you in the morning."
"...I really think this is a joke."
"*stifled chuckling* Michael, this says extra-terrestrial life has been found on your street and that you yourself has come into contact with them."
"...Sir, I'm hanging up now. *closes the phone*"

The fact that the guy didn't sound serious at all, plus the fact that he was quietly laughing to myself (I believe I also heard another laughing voice at the other end) quickly told me that this was a prank call. I turned the phone off so he wouldn't call back.

Later, out of curiosity, I turned the phone on again. It said I had a new voicemail. I listened to it:

"Hello, Michael. I am calling back to tell you that you have committed a federal offense and that we will be visiting your street in the morning. Goodbye."

It DOES seem like a prank, but I can't shake the feeling that I will wake up to some creepy dude attempting to arrest me in the morning.

« Reply #259 on: December 01, 2007, 05:56:01 AM »
Awesome. The only suspicious thing is that the real Men in Black wouldn't leave a message saying they'd come for you in the morning, giving you an obvious chance to escape. They'd just say nothing (and then still grab you in the morning). Unless they want you to try to escape...

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #260 on: December 01, 2007, 11:06:15 AM »
Sounds like they didn't have any where to go after the opening line about ETs.

« Reply #261 on: December 01, 2007, 01:16:02 PM »
A post-script from last night:

After hearing that message, I tried showing it to my parents, though they were getting ready for bed. Mom just told me to turn the phone off again, and dad didn't seem to be listening, as he was still in the character of Ebenezer Scrooge (he's playing the character in our town's Charles Dickens festival). So I turned the phone off, and went to bed myself.

I woke up in the morning, to the sound of our Christmas tree falling down. My mother was struggling to get it back up. I closed the door to my room, and went back to sleep.

At around 11:55 (still the morning, obviously), I was still in bed, and heard the doorbell ring. This gave me a massive panic attack. After a minute or so of silence, they knocked on the door. I'm still wondering if it was said creepy dude who called last night. They left, and the phone rang. After 4 rings, it went to the answering machine. A guy with a similar voice left a message saying that because no one answered the door, we must reschedule to a later date when we want to change our phone number to our digital line.

Turned out the cable company rang the doorbell.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #262 on: December 01, 2007, 01:39:27 PM »
I guess you could call this ridiculously frightening, because it is.

So there I was, last night, sleeping on the couch in our living room. Now, I'm not afraid of the dark, but I was unable to sleep for several reasons:

1) Where I was facing, I could see three spooky things: A bag of cat food on the counter that looked like a severed head (which I moved), my lamp that looked like a tall, skinny guy standing there watching me, and a window with a branch moving by it every now and then.

2) My cat was apparently also suffering from insomnia, since she was running all over the place silently. I freaked out on four seperate occasions because I saw her in the corner of my eye.

3) My front door has a big window on it, and I had this lingering feeling someone was watching me with binoculars through it. Furthermore, because of the fancy design on it and the tree in our front lawn, it looks like a big face at nighttime. At first it looked like Strong Bad a little bit (which wasn't actually all that comforting), but when it got windier it looked like a big, sneering, twitching, wrinkly, demonic-looking face.

But the piece de resistance (or whatever) was when I saw a guy walk up to the front door, wearing a pale, Micheal Myers-y mask that seemed to be stretched around the edges. I am 80% sure it was a dream due to the fact that nothing happened after that, but I am still reluctant to sleep in the living room again (for all I know, that guy could walk up to our front door every night and just look inside the house).
every

« Reply #263 on: December 01, 2007, 02:01:04 PM »
Nghh. Turn on the TV/Radio and the lamp. Garsh.
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #264 on: December 01, 2007, 05:11:53 PM »
I woke up in the morning, to the sound of our Christmas tree falling down. My mother was struggling to get it back up. I closed the door to my room, and went back to sleep.
You mean you didn't even offer to help her? Wow. >:P
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #265 on: December 01, 2007, 06:11:07 PM »
Dad helped her get it back up, my assistance wasn't needed.

« Reply #266 on: December 01, 2007, 06:32:15 PM »
One day, on a school field trip to the beach, I was crabbing in a salt marsh. The only way not to get bitten by the small white bugs there was to get your legs in the water, which was impossible to see in. I was standing on a lone board with the supervisor and one of the annoying 6th graders (it was 6th grade-10th grade) who was banging a net against the ground. Anyway, I walked over to where everyone else was when I heard this unpleasant crunching noise under my shoes. I felt something lunge at it, and I quickly waded back to my old spot, my wet pant legs now rolled down. I bet it was a hard-shell crab, but I'm glad whatever it was didn't get me.
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #267 on: December 02, 2007, 02:35:55 AM »
I have the most incredible luck. Luck enough to get me a free GameCube.

My friend Graydon (also departed FF member G-Dawg, if you remember him) has been saving for a Wii for a while, and the last thing he needed to do was sell his GameCube. He first offered it to one of my other friends (who incidentally is also named Sam), who has no game systems. Greedy as I am, I wanted it to replace my broken GameCube, to use with the GC screen that's finally been shipped to my house, and because I miss my GameBoy Player.

Today was all-AFK-day for me, and the two were over at my place for a politics project. We kind of battled it out and Graydon decided to sell the GameCube to not-me-Sam, because I already have a bunch of consoles and stuff. I have a Wii, which plays GC games.

After they left and six o'clock came, I had to go to sit for a nice family we know. I knew that Alex has a GameCube, but not Super Smash Bros. Melee. I brought the game, my memory card, and a third controller over. Alex played the 'Cube pretty much the whole six hours on a smaller screen while Abby idled and watched a movie--an incredible instance of an argument-free session. Lovely.

When we reached my house, their father and I had just engaged in a gaming conversation (everything gaming, Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, and PC games... I knew what to say mostly for the first category, of course). By this time I had resolved to not be so selfish and get my old GameCube repaired, despite its junky appearance. Somehow or another, he mentioned that Alex mostly only plays the PS2 and that the GameCube almost never sees light, pretty much only when I am around. And that the Wii was a candidate for a Christmas present for Alex--I confrimed its goodness. So he offered to GIVE me the GameCube, no money involved. Thinking of how you don't miss your water till it's gone, I realized, of course! The Wii plays GameCube games.

No problems here at all. I get what I want (without paying!!!), Graydon sells his GameCube, Sam gets his GameCube, Alex and Abby won't ever miss their GameCube, just, wow. I'm sizing up all the possible situations that would not have resulted in this conclusion--Jack could have had more to drink at whatever party and been unfit to drive me home. We could have stayed on the topic of the strange goat-like creature that crossed the road before us too long. I could have not decided to bring Super Smash Bros. Melee at all, and the GameCube wouldn't have come up in conversation.

Now... what do I do with the old one?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #268 on: December 02, 2007, 12:58:11 PM »
Gut it and turn it into a lunch box.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #269 on: December 02, 2007, 01:19:21 PM »
Like he has any use for a lunchbox. He leaves his school during his lunch break to go buy food.

Print