Print

Author Topic: (insert adjective here) stories  (Read 86837 times)

« Reply #300 on: March 14, 2008, 10:45:51 PM »
Because a local bowling alley is one of my father's clients, we're allowed free games whenever we want (at least, that is what I was told), but we've never taken them up on that offer.

And I'm still repulsed by that alley, I remember going there for my birthday once, throwing a ball that didn't have the momentum to get all the way to the pins (it actually didn't get too far at all, I sort of tripped as I was about to throw). Because there were no staff to help out, I walked up to it in the lane, took it back, and threw again (gutter ball, IIRC), and shortly afterward, a short, nasty old woman who worked there started to yell at me for walking into the lane.

Also, I'm not too good, sometimes I'll fluke and throw a strike, but most of the time I only hit one or two pins a throw.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #301 on: March 15, 2008, 12:35:13 AM »
I am better at Wii Bowling than Real Bowling because Wii Bowling won't let your ball curve the opposite way of your throw or spin backwards or anything. I am pretty good at real bowling most of the time. Wii Sports has not affected my Real Bowling in any way.
That was a joke.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #302 on: March 15, 2008, 12:01:01 PM »
I remember playing Wii Sports' Bowling once at my sister's house. I played against my brother in law and we both got at least five strikes per game, even on the first try. I'm not exactly great at real bowling, but at least I can manage to go one whole game without a single gutter ball.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #303 on: March 15, 2008, 12:13:35 PM »
I got six strikes in a row once on Wii Sports bowling.  I got about 5 in the best game I ever bowled in real life.  My brother has bowled 2 perfect games on the Wii.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #304 on: March 15, 2008, 12:15:27 PM »
I bowled a perfect game in Wii Bowling once.

Doesn't mean I'm a pro at regular bowling one bit.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #305 on: March 15, 2008, 09:45:39 PM »
This happened when I was like 4 or 5. I went to McDonalds one morning (which I now hate) And some little kids were laughing at me. I didn't know why. You wanna know why? Because I wasn't wearing PANTS! Yeah I found out when I sat down and my legs where all cold. I think I didn't notice because I was sleepy and tired. lol I am not kidding.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #306 on: March 16, 2008, 01:07:31 AM »
Did you go to McDonalds by yourself at age 5 or do your parents just not care if you wore pants?

Jman

• Score
« Reply #307 on: March 16, 2008, 09:10:22 AM »
Yeah Sushie, a kid not wearing pants is easy to notice.  How could your parents miss it?  I've had nightmares like that.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #308 on: March 16, 2008, 04:20:03 PM »
I don't know.....
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #309 on: March 16, 2008, 07:13:22 PM »
SushieBoy must have been a neglected child.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #310 on: March 16, 2008, 08:50:30 PM »
...I keep reading your name as SlushieBoy.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #311 on: April 10, 2008, 11:58:45 AM »
My friends used to have very strange things happen while we were playing games.

We were playing Mario Party 5 one time, and one of us got up to put some food in the microwave, which was in the next room over. Meanwhile, his character in MP5 was still moving around the board, and landed on a Tweester space. One of us picked up his controller to move the game along, and right about the time Tweester was done moving the Star, the microwave went off (it was a very loud Ding!)

We all strated laughing, and after my friend came back in the room, we told him what had happened. All he could say was Ding, your Star is ready! It still cracks us up to this day.

Another time, the same friend from above and another were playing Melee. One of them was playing as DK. Often times in games, when I get hit, I say things like ouch, aagghh, or monkies, and then I also happen to comment about what's happening on the stage/level (there are Bob-ombs here!) Well, DK hit me, and I said something about it, while at the same time noticing that two Party Balls full of food had burst open, so I said something like this..

Monkies! They're everywhere!

My two friends started laughing, and the one that was DK said Monkies are everywhere?

I have a bunch of stories, but it's about to storm just now, so I should probably leave.. but I'll be back.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #312 on: April 10, 2008, 09:26:36 PM »
"Monkies"?
That was a joke.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #313 on: April 10, 2008, 10:24:57 PM »
I think he meant "Monkees."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #314 on: April 10, 2008, 11:11:39 PM »