Invisionfree
6 (66.7%)
Proboards
0 (0%)
Other(has to be free)
3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Print

Author Topic: Which message board host do you prefer  (Read 5171 times)

« on: May 16, 2006, 11:30:40 PM »
Alright, I'm starting up a Nintendo based website and I'm going to be giving it a forum (not for awhile though), so I'm curious as to know what message board host do you prefer?

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 12:32:48 AM »
Well the Fungi Forums uses Simple Machines, which is free...
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 02:12:49 AM »
I like InvisionFree. It has plenty of options, but is slightly less user-friendly than ProBoards. I'm not sure about Simple Machines.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 10:48:04 AM »
Ya, I'd go with Invision. I've been on both kinds of boards, and Invision is just so much better-structured in my mind.
~I.S.~

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 12:13:37 PM »
Simple Machines isn't a message board host, Sapphira.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 12:25:55 PM »
Oh, right, right...
Well, why the need for a host if you've got all the stuff provided to make a message board?
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006, 12:29:34 PM »
InvisionFree, as simple as Proboards or whatever else may sound, InvisionFree has abilities to warn and suspend members for any amount of time you want, you can replace any of the images, and the banner, if you want a special skin for the your forum go to IF's official forums and look there.
I'm a horrible person.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2006, 12:34:47 PM »
Simple Machines is a program. You're still going to need a host (server). If you've got a server at your dwelling place, then you don't need a host.

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2006, 06:44:57 PM »
nes.dev/parodous.com/bbs but they banned me as donknotts
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2006, 02:37:20 AM »
Gee, I wonder why.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2006, 09:33:38 AM »
what'd ya mean by that? i learned my lesson.

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2006, 02:51:49 PM »
just because of my Gecko recipe dosn't mean they should bann me besides it was a general cat forum

P.S.I won't abuse this forum.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2006, 02:57:31 PM »
I don't think forums about cats want to know about making geckos. And this topic was asking about forum hosts, not just fourms.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2006, 03:00:44 PM »
it's not about cats it's about nes development!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2006, 03:04:16 PM »
just because of my Gecko recipe dosn't mean they should bann me besides it was a general cat forum
I see nothing about NES development in that post.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print