Rogueport
2 (6.7%)
Luigi's Mansion
0 (0%)
Other
1 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Print

Author Topic: Favorite Mario Realm  (Read 7405 times)

« on: May 22, 2006, 11:50:58 PM »
So yeah, what's your favorite realm Mario and co. have adventured through?  [Goodness] knows the Bros. have been to some exotic worlds throughout their 20+ years of Bowser-bashing. 

Personally, I don't think I can pick just one.  I love the seven kingdoms from Super Mario Bros. 3 (though I just kind of lump them in as part of the Mushroom Kingdom), I love Yoshi's Island (from SMW2 in particular) and the Koopa Kingdom is consistently one of the coolest/[baddest] places. 

But what are YOUR favorites?  Where would you like to see the next Mario Bros. adventure take place? 

I left out Donkey Kong Country, Crocodile Isle and the Northern Kremisphere, because I consider the DKC series as separate from the Super Mario games.  That's also why I left off Diamond City, the setting for the Wario Ware games.  All of the above places rule, I just feel like they didn't fit in on the poll, which was already pretty packed. 
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 12:58:59 AM by Sapphira »
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 05:10:42 AM »
Haha, Sapphira edited your post.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 08:35:40 AM »
If I recall correctly, the kings' kingdoms from SMB3 are in the Mushroom World.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 02:00:19 PM »
and if i re-call correctly, Sub-con was in mario's dreams, right?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 03:20:47 PM »
I like sub-con. However, I can't stand Super Mario Brothers 2, but Sub-con was freakin' awesome!

P.S. Sub-con is in Mario's dreams.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 04:16:46 PM »
Both SMB3 and SMRPG took place in the Mushroom World. SMB3 didn't include the Mushroom Kingdom itself, but SMRPG did.
There is no place called "Koopa Kingdom".
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 04:23:09 PM »
There is no place called "Koopa Kingdom".
Why did someone vote for it anyway then? I believe Sapphira and if it really exists I want proof.

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 05:55:04 PM »
You forgot to add the SMB3 worlds!

(Can't remember the name for the first world)
Desert Land
Sea Land
Giant World
Cloud Land
Ice Land
Pipe Maze
Castle of Koopa

Sorry if I got the names wrong.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 06:55:14 PM »
Koopa Kingdom is the name I assigned to Bowser's realm, which I feel is consistently different enough from the rest of the Mushroom Kingdom.  Want proof?  Go to World 8 of Super Mario Bros. 3, or the final world of Yoshi's Island.  Especially Yoshi's Island, since you have to sort of teleport there... it seems to be unreachable from Yoshi's Island by normal means. 

And yeah,  I voted for Koopa Kingdom. ;)
Haters gonna hate

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2006, 07:33:53 PM »
I voted for Wario Land, but the Wario Land games take place on Kitchen Island(WL) and The Mysterious Orgel(WL3). You also left out Mario Land(SML2) and Jewelery Land(Yoshi's Safari).

I also believet that the worlds of SMB3 are art of the Mushroom Kingdom. The names given to tham are too vague to differentiate them from the worlds of the other games.

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2006, 08:26:13 PM »
I like Rogueport, simply because Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door knocked my socks off, and it's an exciting little place.  What, with the rival gangs, the hidden openings, and all the shady characters roaming around, there's adventure around every corner...
Why am I talking like the "introduction to the story" of a video game manual?...
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006, 03:52:16 PM »
The different worlds in SMB3 are their own respective kingdoms in the Mushroom World. The Mushroom Kingdom is its own kingdom, apart from the other lands in SMB3--which are ALL part of the Mushroom World.

Those lands are called Grass Land, Desert Hill, Sea Side, Big Island, The Sky, Iced Land, Pipe Maze, Bowser's Castle / Castle of Koopa according to the SMA4 and SMAS versions. (Or the generic Grass Land, Desert Land, Water Land, Giant Land, Sky Land, Ice Land, Pipe Land, and Dark Land according to just the NES version). In the Japanese version, the places are the same as the SMAS/SMA4, except World 3 is Ocean Side.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 03:53:48 PM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2006, 04:38:55 PM »
Definitely Isle Delfino.

When you play SMS, You are on a tourist Island and you can move freely around. Plus it is really big. Whats not to like?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2006, 07:41:39 PM »
The Mushroom Kingdom is my favorite, but I'd like to see a game, in which Luigi saves Daisy, that takes place in Sarasaland.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2006, 06:32:37 PM »
what the [heck]! is a sub-con?is it even engish?

P.S. Subconsious minds are always aware and watching!

~No swearing.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 10:06:53 PM by Lizard Dude »
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Print