Print

Author Topic: Trainman's Music & Things  (Read 9293 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« on: November 07, 2009, 12:14:24 PM »
Update: 08/18/10

UPDATE: SPONGEBOB song has been reuploaded successfully. Doesn't cut off anymore. Recorded two new songs. I'll also be providing comparisons to the Japanese railroad crossing bell: my recording that emulates it, a reminder video of how it sounds in Mario Kart 64, and a video of its real-life counterpart (which literally sounds the same. It's cool). To keep the post size down, I'm gonna get rid of explaining that there are mistakes in the songs, etc. I'm going to link each one separately and provide a note next to them so you know what to expect.

Keep in mind, these aren't absolutely perfect. I record these songs for my entertainment and just screw around with them. All these songs were created on a digi-keyboard, a Yamaha DGX-200, with every note for every part you hear recorded from me actually playing it.

Enjoy!

-Songs/SFX-

Bottles' Voice (Banjo-Kazooie) and Mario Kart Starman Cuica I try to emulate Bottles' voice, and the cuica part for MK64's starman.
Japanese Crossing Bell (from Kalimari Desert in MK64)
--Crossing bell heard in MK64
--Real-Life Japanese crossing bell Almost identical to MK64
Mario & Luigi 3 - Normal Battle Melody only
Mario & Luigi 3 - Toad Town
Mario Kart 64 - Starman Melody only
Mario Kart Series - Mario Kart DS - Item Roulette SFX (Waluigi Pinball Version)
Mario is Missing! - Mexico
Mario is Missing! - Moscow
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door - Battle Victory! ...Except for your Partner
Mushroom Power-Up SFX 1 - Normal, 2 - Mario Party 3 Version (Mushroom Titan Minigame), 3 - Mario Paint Version (Title Screen), 4 - Normal raised one octave
Rainbow Mario Power Down SFX included!
Super Mario Brothers - All-Stars Version  - Overworld My first recording, I think. It's got some mistakes toward the end. (Listen for the Mario Party 3 homage of sorts near the end!)
SpongeBob Idiot Song This is a background song commonly heard when they're at the Krusty Krab or when some funny dialogue is being said.
Super Mario 64 - Metal Cap Listen for the SMRPG Starman bassline towards the end!
Super Mario Kart - Mario & Luigi Victory Medley I like this one.
SMK - Mario & Luigi Victory Dissection I alternate some of the channels so you can hear the parts better. Check it out.
Super Mario Kart - Mario Circuit I like this one. Mistake with the intro timing (edited it wrong) and near the end of the song in the melody.
SMK - Mario Circuit Dissection Melody muted to hear the background better, and muted further later on to hear a subtle string part.
NEW! Super Mario Kart - Vanilla Lake Dissection included after the main song via crappy editing!
Super Mario Sunshine - Delfino Airstrip (as heard at the beginning of the game) I like this one. Timing issues kiiiinda peppered throughout, but still good.
NEW! Super Mario World - Overworld
Mario & Luigi 3 / SMRPG Forest Maze "Connection" Remember how part of M&L3's melody for Toad Town sounded like the beginning of Forest Maze in SMRPG? Well, I decided to combine the two and it matches perfectly and seamlessly. Have a listen to see what I'm talking about.

-Animations-

"A Starman in Real Life"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bZcA1GNNN4

"Flash Lip Sync Test"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg4qHa1pHEY

"Modern Warfare and Porsche: How to Pronounce Things"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYrXgKStwbA
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 04:02:03 PM by Trainman »
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 01:54:53 PM »
Spongebob would probably be the most interesting of those to hear on piano, IMO.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 09:37:54 PM »
Yes, it's not the intro like you might be expecting... rather, it's some of the background songs that happen during the show.

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 11:58:37 PM »
That's what I figured you meant.  TBH, I hate the intro, but most of the other music in that show is phenomenal.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 12:31:02 PM »
So, would you happen to have any suggestions... since you're the only person that has come into this thread?

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 04:48:26 AM »
What's wrong with making it as a downloadable link? Anyway, on the top of my head I think Myspace can upload music to a player.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2009, 06:11:18 AM »
Well, if I make it a downloadable link, I highly doubt anyone would take the time to download it. Hell, even I don't like to download linked songs.

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2009, 12:05:26 PM »
Just noticed this. Well, I would certainly download it. That's how I always get my music.
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 12:13:33 PM »
I'm gonna see if I can find a USB/MIDI adapter at some local electronics stores, so I don't have to record with my microphone. Once I get that done, I'll re-record everything I can so it's louder and clearer, and get them posted here.

One question though: Would it just pull saved tracks off my keyboard that I have recorded or can it record in real-time? Why I ask is because I usually save 4 or 5 tracks on my keyboard for percussion, harmony, bassline, etc. and then play the melody myself in time with the recordings.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2009, 01:41:40 PM »
You should be able to do both. Also, I have one coming from DealExtreme that only cost me about eleven bucks, so if mine works well, I might be able to suggest that to you.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2009, 04:04:18 PM »
Hell yeah. I appreciate it. I've been wanting to share my music for some time now.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 08:20:43 AM »
Check out my new animation "A Starman in Real Life" created in Flash and After Effects. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bZcA1GNNN4

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2010, 12:23:53 AM »
Here's my second animation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg4qHa1pHEY

I have a question, as well. I can't convert my .fla to a .swf. I have a third animation waiting, but when I go to publish it, it progresses until the half-way mark, then simply closes the window and makes Flash 100% unresponsive forcing me to ALT+TAB out and cancel it. Flash is, for some reason, eating up almost all of my memory when trying to publish and it never occurred with my other comparably long/intricate Flash movies before. I've cleaned out the computer, defragged it, prevented all unnecessary crap from starting and eating up my CPU, and restarted the computer to install updates to no avail. What should I do?

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2010, 12:48:58 AM »
Still like to hear some of those Spongebob BGM tracks on piano, if you're still up for it.  Don't know many of the names for the tracks, so whatever goes.  I'd probably recognize a Spongebob cue if I heard one, though.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2010, 02:03:12 AM »
Third animation up. You will like it.

Added links to all animations to the bottom of the first post to organize them.

Print