Print

Author Topic: Continue the story...  (Read 1647 times)

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« on: August 22, 2006, 12:48:41 AM »
Well folks, this one isn't Mario related, but I thought I'd post a "continue the story" here since it's late and I feel the need to write!

Ryan, Chris, and Zach were seniors at Franklin High School. The three popular, baseball-playing students were above average students and had been best friends since kindergarten.

Although they were the most popular students in their class, all three were single. Zach seemed to go through girlfriends like there was no tomorrow. Ryan, for being so athletic, choked up around girls way too often. Chris never spoke about girls to anyone, not even Ryan and Zach. They thought he was apathetic about dating and girls in general.

Still, the three did not seem to care about this lack of dating. They went to the gym every day before school and talked mostly about baseball.

As winter became spring, everyone was jockeying for a prom date. Ryan, Chris, and Zach still needed dates the week before tickets went on sale.

"Dude, we're not missing senior prom," said Zach one day in the gym.

"Yeah, as hard of luck as we have, we've got to find someone," replied Ryan.

"You got anyone in mind?" asked Zach.

Ryan put the dumbell he was lifting down. "Actually, I am probably going to ask Marie today."

"Are you serious, bro?" replied Zach. "She's so hott."

"Yeah, I know," said Ryan. "Do you still have the hots for that Jen chick?"

The color drained from Zach's face. He let the tricep machine clunk down hard. "Yeah, and I was just thinking of asking her. How in the world did you know?"

"Nate told me," said Ryan. "He mentioned it yesterday at practice."

Trying to change the subject, Zach turned to Chris.

"How about you, Chris?"

"Um, I don't know," said Chris nervously.

"Dude, you've got to ask someone. This is your freaking senior prom!" said Ryan.

"Yeah, I just can't think of any seniors to ask," he said.

"Ask a junior or something," replied Zach. "Just as long as you don't take a freshman. Freshmen are, well, freshmen."

Ryan laughed. "Yeah, freshman girls are like bleeech."

Chris said nothing. He quietly left the workout without his two buddies.

Walking down the hall, Zach and Ryan speculated their friend.

"Dude, what's up with Chris?" asked Ryan. "He never just leaves workout like that."

"I don't know, it's like we offended him with that freshman remark," added Zach.

Ryan paused. "If he asks a freshman, well, let's just say he's not going in our limo."

"Yeah, he's going to have to find his own ride," Zach said.

"He can drive his Volvo, you know," said Ryan.

Meanwhile, Chris had ventured down to Mrs. Anderson's math room. He didn't have her as a teacher. He had already changed out of his workout clothes.

Standing at the doorway, Chris seemed to be waiting for someone. The sounds of a wheelchair could be heard clearly from there. As they got louder, Chris smiled.

"Good morning, Chris," said a female voice.

"Hello, Valerie," replied the center fielder of the baseball team. "How's your leg today?"

"It's fine," she said. "At least when I'm a sophomore next year it will be completely healed. But I'm not letting anything get in my way."

Chris looked at her in the eyes. "You know, I was wondering, if you'd be up to it," he started.

"Up to what? Joining you in the weight room sometime?" she joked.

"No, not that," said Chris. "I do have a life outside of baseball."

Valerie smiled. "I know that. I think I'm the only one who sees that."

"Yeah, so I was wondering, are you free on May 20?"

"I think so," said Valerie. "Isn't that your prom?"

Chris nodded. "Valerie, would you accompany me to the dance?"

Valerie blushed. "Of course I will. I mean, I can't dance, and I know I'm only a freshman, but I'd love to! Yes, me and you, May 20."

OKAY, THIS IS AS MUCH AS I WILL WRITE. You guys can finish this any way you want.

Print