Print

Author Topic: Why is Bowser fatter then he normally is in SM64  (Read 4204 times)

« on: April 29, 2001, 05:15:03 PM »
Why is Bowser really fat in SM64.I think he ate Lugie!What do you think?

Im the real Bowser
Im the real Bowser

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2001, 05:24:19 PM »
I didn't think Bowser looked fat in Super Mario 64, but his head sure looked bloated.  It swelled up again for Paper Mario too. . . Bowser must have some weird allergies or something. . .

-----------------------

-=bï||¥ ©hî||ÿ=-
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2001, 06:58:59 PM »
It needs some type of diet or some exercises!

Hey, paisano!
Hey, paisano!

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2001, 07:00:49 PM »
My point exactly

Im the real Bowser
Im the real Bowser

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2001, 10:48:53 PM »
I've got a theory:

Back on the NES and SNES, everything was 2D.  Everything flat, everything relative to the scene as a whole, everything nice and happy.

Come N64, however, things became 3D oriented.  With this new world of depth, things couldn't work exactly as they did where everything is fixed size and distance on a flat plane that is the world.  One would need a perspective:  a camera, of course.  In Super Mario 64, I guess this'd be Lakitu's doing.  Everyone, of course, is familiar with the idea that "the camera adds ten pounds," and this is probably a relative amount.

Make sense?

Aid
Go Moon!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2001, 08:08:33 AM »
Uh no. I think Bowser ate Luigi and that's why he wasn't in SM64. After Mario "killed" Bowser in SM64, Luigi was taken out of Bowser's stomach using surgery and was sent to the Mushroom Kingdom hospital to recover...

Sega and Nintendo both rule!

It is I, the great Mario Maniac!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2001, 01:30:32 PM »
Well, where else do you think the cake Peach invited Mario over to eat went?

Pocket Monster Island - http://fryguy64.tripod.com
TMK''s newest affiliate
Webmaster
nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com - Nintendo Database

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2001, 04:12:12 PM »
I find it strange that Peach was able to bake a cake in a castle that has no kitchen.

Aid
Go Moon!

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2001, 04:17:26 PM »
In Paper Mario, you can clearly see that there IS a kitchen, you have to go there to finish the game!

"..."
"..."

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2001, 05:45:27 PM »
In Paper Mario, sure.  But this is about Super Mario 64.

Not a kitchen in sight!  Not even a bathroom!  Just a bunch of rooms with ledges and paintings.

Aid
Go Moon!

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2001, 06:00:56 PM »
Hmmm. This is interesting. Well, here's my theory. Anybody ever read the Lord of the Rings? In that, I think there are some parts where people are in great power, and they kinda look larger than usual. I figure this is what caused Bowser to get bigger. I mean, in SM64, he took all those stars, and in Paper Mario, he took the...I forgot what it was called. Star Staff? Anyway, in the other games where he just is mad at Mario (SMB, SMW, etc.), he's normal size. Same with SMRPG. That's just my opinion.

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2001, 05:15:43 PM »
"Not a kitchen in sight! Not even a bathroom! Just a bunch of rooms with ledges and paintings."

Well, maybe Bowser stole the doors! >:)

Well, I''m back, and better than ever, with my Glacier GBA!

*Looks around*

Uh... what did you expect?

Print