Print

Author Topic: Strangest control schemes  (Read 8942 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2007, 09:09:53 PM »
Not that there's a good way to map SNES to GCN.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2007, 10:54:40 PM »
I can see how the GC controller can be a problem in some SNES games (SMW, unless the controls were changed... in which case I assume the X button makes you spin jump, in which case the A button is too big and in the way). In some games it doesn't really matter, what I've played of LoZ:ALttP has been unhindered by the controller. RPGs should be considerably easier than sidescrollers, except SMRPG may need some remapping for the overworld. Quite... I'll worry about that if and when I get a game that's tough for a GC controller to handle.
As for N64 games, I bet the GC controller is much better than the N64 one. I'll find out when SSB gets here (assuming I don't get my N64 cart back).
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2007, 05:49:52 AM »
...a game that's tough for a GC controller to handle...

See any of the failed attempts at porting fighting games and shooters to the GC.
every

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2007, 10:21:21 PM »
I was talking about Virtual Console games, Glorb.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2007, 11:34:00 PM »
Ever played an ocarina with a C stick?  It stinks.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2007, 11:57:57 AM »
That's one of the things I'm worried about regarding the VC N64 games. The VC controller has 6 buttons and two analog sticks; the N64 controller had 9 buttons (Land R, the C buttons, A, B, and Z) and one stick. Apparently that means mapping the C buttons to the right stick and the Z button to...I don't know. Of course, the games are optimized and whatnot, so I guess it'll work.
every

Print