Print

Author Topic: Worst ways to die in a video game.  (Read 50665 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #165 on: March 20, 2007, 07:05:55 AM »
Hasn't that been said already?
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #166 on: March 20, 2007, 08:09:48 AM »
Chaos, the boss of Final Fantasy?

Chaos, the lackluster boss from Sonic Adventure.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #167 on: March 20, 2007, 03:27:25 PM »
And the basis for my profile image.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #168 on: March 20, 2007, 04:01:28 PM »
Also the inspiration for a character I created called "The Glob" which I'll admit that I ripped the name off from Glorb, but the character itself is a blue pile pf jelly with a slightly humanoid shape and adorable big eyes. He speaks in unintelligible babble and can shapeshift as well as sing and dance. I really need to show you guys the drawings I made of my characters. Lousy scanner...

« Reply #169 on: March 20, 2007, 06:03:37 PM »
I recently had an experience that I think is a bad way to die in a video game. On the Rooftop level of Mario vs Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis, (anyone play that one?) The final level is so Fricken Hard! In case you haven't played it, it's a recreation of the first stage from Donkey Kong, the only problem is you use the touch screen to move. This make s it so hard to jump so you don't hit things! And worse, you only get 6 friggin lives! If anyone else thought  this was too hard, please say it.
OH, NO! There goes Tokyo! GO, GO GODZILLA!
------
Yinzers Rule!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #170 on: March 21, 2007, 07:38:12 AM »
Still technically not a death, but KOing a randomly encountered shiny Pokémon is painful, to say the least. Also irritating is the fact that there are so many shiny Pokémon in the Trainer Tower.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #171 on: March 21, 2007, 12:04:10 PM »
How come Pokemon never die? It'd give the game more...I dunno, urgency. Or, what if your character could be bitten by a rabid Pokemon and slowly die of Pokerabies? That'd suck.
every

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #172 on: March 21, 2007, 12:08:35 PM »
They do die, but only if the plot requires it.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #173 on: March 21, 2007, 12:46:32 PM »
Like that Marowak that was killed by Team Rocket and came back as a ghost in R/B.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #174 on: March 21, 2007, 05:35:09 PM »
Also, at the beginning of Pokemon XD, the shipmates most likely died when the S.S. Libra was attacked.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #175 on: March 25, 2007, 03:47:47 AM »
I always thought it was kind of funny when on Donkey Kong Country, one your characters would fall in a pit and the other would chase them in there. Me not being bright enough to avoid falling in the pit is no reason to do so yourself, Diddy!
"Remember, rules are meant to be broken; like rules." - Kameoko Ninji

« Reply #176 on: March 25, 2007, 05:17:00 PM »
Monkey see, monkey do.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #177 on: March 31, 2007, 03:51:06 PM »
Dying with 99 coins on Rainbow Ride.

« Reply #178 on: April 04, 2007, 12:17:16 PM »
Beating the boss then getting killed by one of the easiest enemies to beat.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Matty_G33

• Banned
« Reply #179 on: April 20, 2007, 11:52:58 PM »
Beating Mecha Ridley in Metroid: Zero Mission, then getting killed by the Space Pirate that pops out of the ship that you need to enter to beat the game.

He's sneaky, that pirate...
Yo, I'm Matty Underscore G Thirty-Three!
And I need a freaking clue...

Print