Print

Author Topic: Worst ways to die in a video game.  (Read 50671 times)

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #210 on: May 19, 2007, 10:27:41 PM »
He's slightly out of breath and more than slightly embarrassed.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #211 on: May 21, 2007, 07:51:55 AM »
Mario lives on a steady diet of coins, raw mushrooms and flowers, and other strange objects. I'm surpised he doesn't have stomach cancer.
every

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #212 on: May 21, 2007, 09:33:28 AM »
He also seems to like different pastas
He doesn't eat coins.  Coins are the currency of TMK, and, this isn't canon, but in the cartoons, Princess Toadstool, Toad and the Marios did not need to eat fire flowers.  All they needed to do was touch the flower and BOOM they could shoot fireballs.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #213 on: May 21, 2007, 09:52:38 AM »
He walks over the object, and it disappears. I'd consider that as close to eating as you can get without actually, y'know...eating it.
every

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #214 on: May 21, 2007, 11:57:18 AM »
And then you've got first-person shooters, where the characters typically feast on ammunition throughout the game...
Go Moon!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #215 on: May 21, 2007, 12:57:15 PM »
And they shoot shells out, you know, their posterior? Oh Glorb, haven't you ever played any Paper Mario games? Remember Tacye T.? Or Zess T.? Or that other girl from SPM... Mario eats tons of things, from cake, soup, pasta, soda, eggs, fries, frozen treats, and other things I can't recall.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #216 on: May 22, 2007, 08:52:42 AM »
Well, actually, no. Call me old-fashioned, but SPM is the first PM game I've played...which means, yes, actually. But anywhich, in platformers, the only thing Mario eats are strangely-colored mushrooms and flowers. I mean, after a while, that's gotta take a toll on your health.
every

« Reply #217 on: May 22, 2007, 05:55:37 PM »
Um... what? XD
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #218 on: May 23, 2007, 12:29:26 PM »
Actually, I just read over that, and I'll admit it is confusing. What I mean is, yes, I haven't not not played Super Paper Mario, and Mario doesn't not not not not eat food, according to my theory.
every

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #219 on: May 24, 2007, 07:05:22 AM »
I hate losing the first quest in Quest Mode in Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis (where all the opponents are level 15) because you set the turn limit to 3 to defeat all, and they have two Soldiers (which have the best defense of any character that appears in that quest).

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #220 on: May 24, 2007, 04:19:34 PM »
You know what? I thought of a new one. And I can't believe I never mentioned this earliar.

Anyone that's beaten Banjo-Kazooie (or at least gotten close to it) should know what a death trap Rusty Bucket Bay is. There's boxes of TNT that chase you, oily water that is very easy to drown in, and all sorts of nasty things. But the absolute worse is the engine room.

It's bad enough just going through it. But the objective here is to navigate the area, hit two buttons and hightail it back out and get into the propeller at the back of the ship before they restart. One misstep in the engine room will cause you to fall into what I think is a pool of acid which results in instant death. And if you don't get to the propeller fast enough or you do get in there in time, get can't get back out, another instant death. I know it's an E rated game, but I'm sure that poor Banjo is getting hacked to bits by that thing.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #221 on: May 27, 2007, 08:28:53 PM »
Dying on the last spinner on the last level of the hardest mode in Ouendan/Ouendan 2/Elite Beat Agents.

I don't know why those spinners have to be so hard! Or maybe I'm just doing them wrong. It gets to the point where I've played a stage so many times I'm getting nearly all 300s and then the last 15 seconds of the last section will off me.

I've never been the most skilled player so I usually get through games by continually dying and practicing till I get it right. So I'd say the worst way to die is by making the same mistake over and over.  At least, it's the most annoying way to die.
"Hooray! I'm useful! I'm having a wonderful time!"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #222 on: May 28, 2007, 03:43:52 AM »
Oy, I hated Rusty Bucket Bay. It took me forever to get that Jiggy the dolphin had, or maybe it was one inside the ship. It's never easy to get around in that world at all... I drowned a lot trying to save Clanker too, because I was such a logically thinking person and tried to swim into the actual part of the key instead of ever swimming through it. I used the give the bear lots of air sandcastle cheat to finally try pulling it off, only to realize that I was an idiot.
This is on topic and off-topic... has anyone entered so many sandcastle cheats in that game that Gruntilda threatens to erase your game data? And if so... did you keep entering the cheats and get your data erased? That can't be legal. She is a pretty harsh villain, though.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #223 on: May 28, 2007, 05:57:19 AM »
The first thing you have to know is that the cheats for stuff such as the Ice Key and Easter Eggs don't contribute to Grunty's threat, since they don't actually do anything to help you beat the game. I entered all the cheats for them and nothing happened. Didn't try cheats for anything else, though.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #224 on: May 28, 2007, 11:42:08 AM »
Can't say I have. The only cheats I really used were for the eggs, ice key, and unlimited air. But if I decide to sell the game, I'll look into that first.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Print