Poll

Do you think used game sales take away money from the developers?

Yes
9 (42.9%)
No
12 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Print

Author Topic: Used Games: Bad for the Industry?  (Read 20777 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2007, 05:16:42 PM »
I got Tetris Attack from Blockbuster despite the partially missing label, which I removed years later having discovered The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. "Tetris Attack" written where the label was in Sharpie. More ghetto? Yes. Uglier than the nasty label? No. No regrets, the SNES was nearly killed by the N64 by that time anyway.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 05:18:49 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2007, 01:04:45 PM »
I honestly don't care about the physical condition of carts. As long as the contacts aren't corroded, it could be covered in obscene graffiti and I wouldn't care.
every

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2007, 07:39:37 PM »
My copy of Link's Awakening DX has the previous owner's initials marked on the back of the cartridge, but it works fine.  If I'm buying a used handheld (GB/GBC) game, I test it first.

I saw a copy of Pikmin 2 at a grocery store that used to rent out games.  Things seemed okay, but I think the disc was scoffed or scratched a little.  I don't remember whether or not the manual was still there.  Needless to say, I didn't buy it.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Matty_G33

• Banned
« Reply #93 on: May 03, 2007, 11:12:41 PM »
I got Prime 2 off Trade Me and the only thing wrong with it was the front cover, which had a scratch-like dent in it.

What I find really poor was the bag the GCN Bundle came with. It was pretty breaky, but did a good job carrying my Wii (the bag was an offical Nintendo one, which has a big GameCube thing on the top) though.

I now use this nifty Wii bag from PowerWave.
Yo, I'm Matty Underscore G Thirty-Three!
And I need a freaking clue...

Print