Print

Author Topic: Weirdest final boss battles (Spoilers)  (Read 12066 times)

« on: May 03, 2007, 04:22:57 PM »
This is where from ANY videogame, you post what you think is the weirdest final boss. I will start out with Super Dimentio from Super Paper Mario
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 01:07:47 PM by Nintendoobsessed »

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 04:48:22 PM »
I'm inclined to say the R-9 from R-TYPE Final, just because of all the weirdness you have to go through to fight him as part of the story...

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 05:29:33 PM »
ARRR!!! Why didn't you spoiler text that? nintendoobbesed??
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 05:45:45 PM »
* MaxVance points to the topic's title
I propose a new rule: For any topic that says something in its title about having spoilers, the posts in said topic do not need the spoiler tag. That said, does just the batle count, or does anything that comes right before it count too? (Example: the dating sim in world 3-4 of SPM)
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 11:14:46 AM »
Things that lead up to it can count too.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 11:20:04 AM »
I'd say Archer from kill.switch is a really dumb final boss (yes, I actually got to the end of kill.switch). His pirate pistol or whatever it is does a stupid-crazy amount of damage, and the end cinematic where he dies (yes, you don't actually kill him yourself) is about 20 seconds long and extremely lame.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 06:42:50 PM »
SPM's final fiend was peculiar, no doubt, but--and this is just off the top of my head--Super Mario Sunshine's was stranger by far. The guy's basically in a hottub, 'fer cryin' out loud!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007, 08:07:33 PM »
.........that certainly raises a few questions as to what he was planning, does it not?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2007, 12:43:46 AM »
This post was made just for all the topic title neglectors! >:D

Super Paper Mario: I was kind of disappointed that the great and powerful Luigi couldn't be used in the final-final battle of SPM, but then again he'd make it far too easy. With all the "Are they dead?" stuff before reaching the end I was thinking that Mario would be alone in the last battles and the others would appear alive afterward.

Twilight Princess: So many battles with Ganondorf, so many--first with him controlling Zelda, then with Ganon in pig form, then against Ganondorf on horseback, then against Michael Jackson teamed up with Ganondorf, then Ganondorf in a tutu, and then just a duel with Ganondorf. Midna doesn't die she regains her tall princess shape and shatters the mirror!!!!!!!! Yeah it's pretty crazy.

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time: Princess Shroob had a twin sister! That was really odd, with the big tentacles and stuff. It's arguable that "Shrowser" was the final boss, but that battle, as I see it, was an excuse for saving after the last battle.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 12:45:26 AM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2007, 08:47:59 AM »
I was considering posting about TP, but I don't really think the final battle was weird (that award goes to the many incarnations of Puppet Ganon in Wind Waker, though that's not REALLy the final boss), so much as it was varied.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Matty_G33

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2007, 03:25:45 AM »
I find that the Omega Metroid in MF is rather strange, as it doesn't realize Samus has Metroid cells in her. That's why it attacks her...what a dumb boss!
Yo, I'm Matty Underscore G Thirty-Three!
And I need a freaking clue...

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2007, 04:21:48 PM »
Some of Majora's forms in Majora's Mask
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2007, 06:21:13 PM »
Well if we did the Weirdest Boss Battles (not necessarliy final) most of the top spots would be taken up by bosses from Earthbound and the Mario Rpg series. (I'm looking in your direction, Bundt).
OH, NO! There goes Tokyo! GO, GO GODZILLA!
------
Yinzers Rule!

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2007, 06:50:39 PM »
I can't believe no one's mentioned Golden Diva from Wario Land 4.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2007, 06:56:53 PM »
Or Rudy the evil clown from Wario Land 3.

Print