Print

Author Topic: Weirdest final boss battles (Spoilers)  (Read 12058 times)

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2007, 08:41:47 PM »
Shrowser was pretty darn messed up. The real kicker was you never get a turn. The entire battle is about dodging and countering.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2007, 09:25:57 PM »
That Boss reminds me of how rushed it seemed, AlphaDream seemed to have slapped Shrowser in the game at the last second, since he did not go through a cool transformation or fusion when he ate Princess Shroob he just flashes weirdly. Anyone remember Bowletta from the other game?  Caklletta and Bowser fused, so why not again, with another villain?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2007, 10:06:49 PM »
I can't believe no one's mentioned Golden Diva from Wario Land 4.

Or Rudy the evil clown from Wario Land 3.

Or the giant disembodied head from the original Wario Land.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2007, 06:36:21 AM »
You mean the boss of Stove Canyon?

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2007, 07:15:28 AM »
That would be the one.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2007, 01:01:50 PM »
Can this topic changed to wierdest boss battle in general? Because the boss of the town level in Wario Land 2 was pretty wierd. You have to play basketball against him.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2007, 02:14:19 PM »
That's what I was thinking.  Not really fair limiting this to just the final bosses.  Zant's battle was actually really cool, but what's weird about him is that he goes from having that mastermind villain vibe to stark raving mad
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2007, 03:09:11 PM »
I thought that was pretty amusing, if not disturbing.

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2007, 03:28:15 PM »
It was like battling a Zelda version of Fawful.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2007, 06:28:18 PM »
Except Fawful's mental ailments were different from Zant's.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2007, 06:45:59 PM »
It reminded me a lot of Fawful when fighting Zant, though

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2007, 06:49:19 PM »
Fawful stayed pretty consistent in his madness.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2007, 07:44:44 PM »
Y'know, I'd have to say that any of the bosses from Dynamite Headdy were qualifiably weird.
You've got slightly strange bosses, like the "Air Battleship", which is just a normal battleship being hoisted into the air by a crane, or Tarot, a crazy-faced sun (with a broken facade) who can only be hurt by the little planetoids orbiting him, and then you've got the incidentally-random, like fighting Trouble Bruin as a group of teamsters pulls a Japanese folk art painting onto the background (as the old backround toppled over), or fighting a giant mechanical dog on wheels as a visible orchestra plays a song from the Nutrcracker in the background.
And then there's the outright-bizarre, like a wooden mannequin that attacks by wearing a veriety of costumes, or a giant mechanical-ish head that transforms through the stages of its life (from baby to boy to man to old man, each encased within the last), or the dual-faced "twin freaks", whose mood and actions depend on which way the level is current flipped.
Throw in Trouble Bruin's contraptions that roll, climb, grapple, or bisect towers, and you've got a whole mess or bosses that you can't explain without sounding a little crazy.

Honestly, I think the last boss of that game is one of the most mundane.  Except for the fact that he wore a little smiley face on a chain around his neck.
Go Moon!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2007, 09:55:14 AM »
Yeah! Dynamite Headdy! I completely forgot about that game! Thanks for reminding me.

* Glorb runs off to play Dynamite Headdy as soon as he finds his old Game Gear
every

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2007, 01:02:35 PM »
Doopliss from PM2 was really strange and cool at the same time! I mean, c'mon! He shape shifts to Mario and your partners fight with him! I wasn't used to supergaurding my own attacks, so I died a couple times :D
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Print