Print

Author Topic: Jam Sessions...  (Read 6784 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2007, 06:43:29 PM »
Jam Sessions is not a guitar, you freaks (Glorb). It is a DS-based instrument. I think it would have been a good idea to have other sounds besides guitar included, personally, because having a portable sound generator/sequencer sounds like a great idea to me. It is not a game either. P.S. Guitar Hero is 100% game and 0% simulation.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2007, 06:45:04 PM »
I'd use the term "game" loosely here... Heck, the amount of Wii/DS software that can actually be considered a game is pretty scarce.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2007, 06:46:57 PM »
Really? Name a few. I can't think of any besides Brain Age/Big Brain Academy and their spinoffs.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2007, 06:47:31 PM »
Your estimates are vastly inaccurate. There are a lot of non-games on them but the amount of traditional games is a lot more.
That was a joke.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2007, 06:49:01 PM »
ShadowBrain just likes to leave veiled "DS sucks" comments in every thread.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2007, 08:38:48 PM »
I give it a 7/10, for being the first Guitar simulator (or whatever you want to call it) on the DS. It could have been a lot better though, if they put a bit more time into it. I agree with Chupperson, it's not a game, but an instrument. You can't say, "this game sucks" cause it's not really a game. Don't expect to play it as a game. Expect to play it if you don't feel like learning/playing your guitar.

Edited because.....well, read above. It is fun, and I play it for enjoyment. My bad.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 03:18:34 PM by Shyguy92 »
"it's always the present"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2007, 01:26:00 AM »
Or, you know, if you want to use a different instrument (among many). What is the deal with people thinking guitars are the only instruments that exist?
That was a joke.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2007, 03:01:04 AM »
* SolidShroom waits for Oboe Hero

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2007, 07:47:03 AM »
Nose Flute Hero

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2007, 02:51:33 PM »
Way to completely contradict the start of the very same post.

Yeah, that did sound contradictory. What I meant was, I'd rather play a fun rythm game on my DS than a boring rythm nongame on my DS.

Don't expect to play it for fun, or enjoyment. Expect to play it if you don't feel like learning/playing your guitar.

Okay, but I just don't see the point of a piece of software that simulates something as non-dangerous or non-fantastical as guitar-playing. Unless you have a horrible disability that crippled your ability to learn guitar but left your D-pad and touchscreen-using abilities intact, saying you'd rather learn to play a fake virtual guitar than learn real guitar is...well, lazy. It's like refusing to get a car because you have those electric convertables that toddlers with rich parents own that's easier to drive; sooner or later, you have to go up a notch.
every

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2007, 03:17:17 PM »
I play it, though I can play guitar. Why? I dunno, it's fun. If, say, my guitar is somewhere else, or I don't feel like playing an actual guitar for whatever reason, I pull out my DS. Basically it's just a portable guitar that you can play whenever you want, or if you don't know hundreds of chords, it's a good way to experiment.

It's like refusing to get a car because you have those electric convertibles that toddlers with rich parents own that's easier to drive; sooner or later, you have to go up a notch.
The same argument could be made against Nintendogs.

It's not like people who play it refuse to learn guitar. If anything, it's encouraging them to. I'm sure those electric convertible things help the toddlers driving skills.

P.S. I don't know what convertibles your talking about. Guess they don't make them here.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 04:07:21 PM by Shyguy92 »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2007, 04:49:15 PM »
They're these small, roughly four-feet-long, kid-sized toy cars that have a top speed of roughly 1/2mph. I had one shaped like a monster truck when I was a kid, but I outgrew it when I was about nine (when I couldn't fit inside it anymore).
every

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2007, 04:58:18 PM »
Oh right, those things.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2007, 09:00:23 PM »
Power Wheels.
Nintendogs makes sense in Japan where a lot of people can't have pet dogs.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2007, 11:42:11 PM »
^ In America, though...

Oh, well, things don't have to make sense to make cents...

Print