Print

Author Topic: Nintendo Power Rates Metroid Prime 3: Corruption a Perfect Score  (Read 10275 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2007, 05:08:49 PM »
Yeah, but the overall quality of the magazine has skyrocketed compared to a few years ago.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2007, 11:40:39 AM »
Yeah, I can agree with you on that, assuming you mean that they no longer have cover articles on The Jungle Book for GBC, but I still can't get over the awkwardness of a magazine that's tossing around the word "badass" on one page and giving Pokemon Battle Revolution a 9.0 on the next.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2007, 05:11:44 PM »
I mean it definitely isn't as badly-written as when it was first revamped the latest time, and also they have interesting articles and features now.
That was a joke.

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2007, 02:41:47 PM »
Oh, I'm seriously compellled to play through Corruption a third time.

I have not stated it here, but since mid-September, I played through the entire Metroid Prime series after completing Corruption the first time. It took me about a week and a half to complete Prime, a bit less than a week to complete Hunters, another week and a half to complete Echoes, and another week and a half to complete Corruption.

I might kick it into high gear and choose a harder difficulty this time, though...
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2007, 04:51:51 PM »
I beat it a third time to get 100%.

Oh! And I like how the scan articles sound more official, like they did in MP1. The scans in Metroid Prime 2, as I remarked once, looks like some sort of 15-year-old Metroid geek wrote them.

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2007, 05:54:24 PM »
Um I got 100% the first time I completed it. ._.

I sent LD a picture of the stats to prove it.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2007, 08:15:02 PM »
Don't give me that "um." I wasn't interested in getting every single scan the first time through.

(the second time, of course, I managed to miss a one-time scan)

« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2007, 08:42:51 PM »
Well I meant 100% in terms of pickups. I know I didn't get every scan, because the Shriekbats are 90% more surprising than they were in the previous titles.

I liked how they added that whole part that added missed pickups on the map, though. I definitely feel they did not ruin the game by adding that in.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2007, 08:52:01 PM »
Oh, you should have said that the first time!

Yeah, the marks on the maps made maps much more useful.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2007, 09:20:46 AM »
I've scanned everything I could and I still have about six missing.... Argh

Print