Print

Author Topic: Sonic the Hedgehog Topic  (Read 12178 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2007, 11:28:39 AM »
Sammy is a Japanese Pachinko company that also develops and publishes games. And I guess now they merged with Sega.
That was a joke.

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2007, 11:49:00 AM »
I remember renting Sonic & the Secret Rings and instantly returning it in less than an hour because it had a 1-song soundtrack. The song was, like:

"Ben feeliz ee dough!"
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2007, 09:55:18 PM »
You must hate Bubble Bobble too.

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2007, 10:15:37 PM »
...thus, we get stupidly dramatic emo-rock soundtracks, mild cursing, and human/Sonic relationships in the newer games.

Yeah, I don't understand why we need the cursing. When Sonic first said "d*mn" I thought "Well, I doubt the parents of young children are going to be happy about this." Sure enough, it caused a bit of an uproar. Really a stupid thing to do, all for the sake of being "hip" and "real". Not to mention the word was said in the worst "Sonic" game of all time, Shadow the Hedgehog.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2007, 10:28:58 PM »
Wait, was it Sonic or Shadow who said it? 'Cause I thought it was Shadow.

Also, I think it was kinda dumb how they just threw a "d*mn" into Metroid Prime 3. I mean, I don't know how much swearing is in the Halo games--I don't play 'em--but I think that if Retro wanted to hang with Bungie as the sci-fi game masta, they should've stopped at ugly alien villans and new, elaborate visor designs.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2007, 10:34:03 PM »
"Sir the aliens have attacked!"
"Well, Gee Wizz"

Doesn't have the same impact.

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2007, 11:48:57 PM »
Wait, was it Sonic or Shadow who said it? 'Cause I thought it was Shadow.

Both of them say it. Sonic says it sparingly, but he says it nonetheless. Shadow uses it in practically every sentence. Sonic also uses the word "p*ss".
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 11:53:22 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2007, 12:04:30 AM »
What I believe should be done to the Sonic franchise is that they separate it into two sub-series: a darker, more mature series featuring complex plots etc, and a lighter series more reminiscent of the older Genesis games, with happier music, a more-light hearted feel, and more classic gameplay along with the simpler plots. That way, those who like the newer plots get what they want, and those who prefer the classics get their nostalgia fix.

Sonic also uses the word "p*ss".

Just for the record, he never says it in the final game; it was replaced by the word 'tick' in both instances where it was to be used.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2007, 01:32:34 AM »
"Hey Shadow, stand guard. I gotta go behind this tree and take a tick."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2007, 01:45:02 AM »
I'm not opposed to a little dialogue writing when the situation and personality of the character saying it fits (so Metroid might be well within my grounds here). Sonic on the other hand, not so much.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2007, 09:55:46 AM »
"Sir the aliens have attacked!"
"Well, Gee Wizz"

Doesn't have the same impact.
I know, I know... it's just, well, you could tell it was kinda forced.

On a separate note, how much swearing does there have to be in a game for the ESRB to point it out? They threw in a "h3ll" in DK64, and, of course, the aforementioned Metroid moment, but there's nothing on the rating about it. Also, Donkey Konga 2 got a "T" for "Mild Lyrics", but I can't hear any swearwords in any song in that game (I mean, they bleeped an f-bomb out of "It's Been A While", but that's obviously not going to be in the game).

"Hey Shadow, stand guard. I gotta go behind this tree and take a tick."
LOL
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2008, 05:22:44 PM »
On a separate note, how much swearing does there have to be in a game for the ESRB to point it out? They threw in a "h3ll" in DK64
It was a different time, my good man.  Back when ESRB was more lenient on the ratings.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2008, 05:35:22 PM »
Also, back before the existence of E10+.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2008, 05:54:19 PM »
They threw in a "h3ll" in DK64
Yeah, I'm probably not the only one who finds it amusing that it was "hell" in an E-rated game and "heck" in a T-rated game (SSBM).
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2008, 09:48:28 PM »
some things are getting too ironic these days!
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

Print