Print

Author Topic: Bad Guards  (Read 4439 times)

« on: November 05, 2007, 12:16:12 PM »
I've seen people complaining about how stupid or bad the Princess's guards seem to be, but has anybody noticed that Bowser's troops are just as bad?

The first Paper Mario game is a fine example: there were guards all over the place, but she still continuously got out of her room. I know her castle was up in the sky and all, but Bowser's guards seem to be just as dense as Peach's.

Just a random thought that I've had and wanted to share.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 03:24:25 PM »
They both are pretty dense. And from Paper Mario I believe I've seen something about a toad guard, or information about that guard that says something about the lack of good guards. I remember something about that in PM but I can't remember what it said.
I really don't care much for logic.

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 04:36:42 PM »
Toads are not only dense, they're cowards. In SM64DS, they freak out whenever Wario walks by to chat.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 08:21:45 PM »
Y-you are lookin v-very goulish tonight, Wario. uh, uh, I mean, uh.... perfect for.... don't hurt me.

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 05:41:03 PM »
I'd kind of freak out if Wario came up and talked to me too, especially if his breath is as bad as the Metal Gear characters say it is (as seen in scenes from SSBB).
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 06:09:48 PM »
I think that's a general trend in games and movies: all the good guy's guards and soldiers are easily killed by the enemy, but one person manages to defeat entire armies. I guess Mario is just another series following this trend.

I think that some of Bowser's plans are way too over-the-top for any Toad guard to prevent, such as uprooting the very ground Peach's castle rests on (PM and SMG), using magic to tranform everyone (SMB where Bowser turns everyone into blocks, or SM64 where Bowser traps everyone inside the Castle walls) or clevery takes her when she's not at the castle (SMW, SMS and NSMB). Very few of Bowser's plans involved actually storming the castle.

Also, if the Toads prevented Bowser's kidnappings, then we would have fewer Mario games, wouldn't we ;)?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 02:57:16 PM by Robert »
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2007, 11:49:35 PM »
You can't have epic adventure without the whole single-handedly bringing down armies angle.
That was a joke.

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2007, 11:51:17 PM »
Hehe...Metal Gear Solid 3 was kinda like that.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2007, 08:33:03 AM »
If guards were good in any game--or movie, for that matter--the plot would never happen!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2007, 11:44:01 AM »
You want to talk about good guards? Let's talk about the Forbidden Fortress guards in Wind Waker. You can only get past them by slowly moving past in a barrell!
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Sqrt2

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 04:00:11 AM »
Maybe Bowser secretly bribes the Toad guards to be useless and inept.......
AA fanboy and proud!

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2007, 09:37:19 PM »
I doubt it.  If the toad guards run from Wario, why not Bowser?  Wario's nothing compared to Bowser!
Who looked at a horse and saw the potential for glue?  That's a brainstorm in my book.

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2007, 09:40:52 PM »
And even if Bowser could get near the Toads, he would probably accidentaly step on them, considering how small they are. 
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 09:45:21 PM by Stem Johnson »
Who looked at a horse and saw the potential for glue?  That's a brainstorm in my book.

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2007, 08:57:25 PM »
At least with the Toad Bridge from Super Mario Galaxy as royal guards, Bowser won't invade again right? (PS. Yes, I beat the game so I know what I'm talking about)

Print