Print

Author Topic: What New Brawl Things Do You Want?  (Read 58593 times)

kirbyman

• Tourette's
« Reply #195 on: January 20, 2008, 12:37:32 PM »
Shoot these people.

« Reply #196 on: January 20, 2008, 01:54:07 PM »
I'm pretty sure Sakurai would make sure there aren't any punctuational errors in his translated updates.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #197 on: January 20, 2008, 02:00:40 PM »
I'm pretty sure I've seen at least one typographical error in the English updates...

« Reply #198 on: January 20, 2008, 06:51:03 PM »
What's wrong with Lucario? Is it because he's like the antithesis of Mewtwo? At least he's a fighting-type Pokemon...

No, it's mainly his design that bothers me. He looks like a recolored Blaziken with Poochyena's face photoshopped on him. Not to mention despite being pretty powerful, he has too many weaknesses in the game, specifically being KO'd in one hit with Earthquake, but then again, it feels like Earthquake was powered up in Diamond and Pearl.

I still don't know how Ridley could work in the game, but if they can make C. Olimar and a Pokemon Trainer with a Charizard work, I guess they can manage him.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #199 on: February 08, 2008, 08:55:22 PM »
This is the place where you can post what characters, stages, items, or features do you think should have made it into Brawl...

My Brawl ideas:

Characters:
-Master Cheif
-Megaman
-Roy

Stages:
-None

Features:
-None

So What did you want to be added?
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #200 on: February 08, 2008, 09:13:53 PM »
Sorry, but megamush beat you to this one, megamush.
http://themushroomkingdom.net/board/index.php?topic=11009.0
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #201 on: February 08, 2008, 10:44:26 PM »
Why in God's name did you post that, megamush?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #202 on: February 08, 2008, 10:54:48 PM »
Why in God's name did you post that, megamush?

I thought I was making a new topic which people could post what they wished could be in brawl after it already released (in Japan), just another one of my errors!
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #203 on: February 09, 2008, 04:28:35 PM »
Knuckles or Robotnik should have been an AT, not that stupid emo, Shadow.
Mario should have had his doctor's lab coat for an alt costume.  Seriously, if they were able to do that for Wario, why couldn't they do that for Mario?!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #204 on: February 09, 2008, 04:31:05 PM »
I'm really hoping for downloadable content to come later on (and bring back Pichu and Mewtwo, give Mario a Dr. Mario alternate costume, and not put in Pac-Man or Master "Cheif." But, I don't know if that's possible--the stages that are sent over Wi-Fi are all constructible in the Stage Builder, so they "already exist" in the game. Adding a whole new character would be another story, wouldn't it...?
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #205 on: February 09, 2008, 04:35:59 PM »
Adding a whole new character would be another story, wouldn't it...?
Yes. The game would have to be rebalanced for the addition of that character. Assuming Nintendo were charging for downloadable characters, careful care would need to be taken with balancing it so it wouldn't look like Nintendo was favoring people who pay more.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #206 on: February 09, 2008, 04:49:51 PM »
I doubt they would charge people to download new characters. I mean, they packaged Wii Sports with the console for free, several Wii Channels are free, they replaced the wrist straps for free, sent Remote Jackets for free, Wii Play comes with a free Remote, and even Nintendo's WFC is free.

What I was thinking was more like this... for stages, it's a bunch of zeros and ones telling the game to put this platform here, and this bed of spikes here. I may be underestimating what can be sent (and I hope I am), but I imagine that sticking a whole new character into the game with new textures, voice clips and things wouldn't be as simple.
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #207 on: February 09, 2008, 06:49:51 PM »
Some games do that already. I think it is a terrible, terrible idea, but that doesn't stop developers from being lazy. Also I would expect the game has to have a preprogrammed ability to accept new stuff because patching a game would be hard on a console otherwise. That, and the Wii doesn't have a ton of memory. But theoretically this stuff is possible. And possible to be charged for.
That was a joke.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #208 on: February 09, 2008, 07:21:43 PM »
Even worse are the games that have "downloadable content" already on the disc, and you have to pay to unlock it.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #209 on: February 09, 2008, 07:32:58 PM »
Knuckles or Robotnik should have been an AT, not that stupid emo, Shadow.
At least he does something true to his character, Chaos Control, and Knuckles does appear in the game along with Tails as part of the background in the Green Hill stage, while Eggman made it in as a trophy. Still, complaining about Sonic content isn't worth it in a game that's supposed to be about Nintendo.
Mario should have had his doctor's lab coat for an alt costume.  Seriously, if they were able to do that for Wario, why couldn't they do that for Mario?!
Because it would be really weird seeing Dr.Mario throwing fireballs, using FLUDD and being billed as just "Mario" on the various character screens.

Print