Print

Author Topic: What New Brawl Things Do You Want?  (Read 58597 times)

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #210 on: February 09, 2008, 09:06:21 PM »
At least he does something true to his character, Chaos Control, and Knuckles does appear in the game along with Tails as part of the background in the Green Hill stage, while Eggman made it in as a trophy. Still, complaining about Sonic content isn't worth it in a game that's supposed to be about Nintendo.Because it would be really weird seeing Dr.Mario throwing fireballs, using FLUDD and being billed as just "Mario" on the various character screens.

DON'T CALL HIM EGGMAN. CALL HIM ROBOTNIK.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #211 on: February 09, 2008, 09:36:29 PM »
They're both canonical. What's the big deal. AND WHY ARE YOU TYPING IN ALL CAPS?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #212 on: February 09, 2008, 09:48:01 PM »
^ Well, he's... angry, I guess. I mean, c'mon, IT'S ROBOTNIK, DANGIT! ;)

Mario should have had his doctor's lab coat for an alt costume.  Seriously, if they were able to do that for Wario, why couldn't they do that for Mario?!
Because Mario didn't dress in a lab coat for the first decade of his existance.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #213 on: February 09, 2008, 09:48:51 PM »
They're both canonical. What's the big deal. AND WHY ARE YOU TYPING IN ALL CAPS?

BECAUSE I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE CALL HIM EGGMAN. HIS NAME IS ROBOTNIK. GOT IT CHUMP?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #214 on: February 09, 2008, 09:51:40 PM »
His name is Eggman. His name was never Robotnik. That was just made up for dumb Americans.
That was a joke.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #215 on: February 09, 2008, 10:15:25 PM »
His name is Eggman. His name was never Robotnik. That was just made up for dumb Americans.
That would be okay if SOA hadn't given him an American name and then change it back to his Japanese name.  Why couldn't SOA just stick with Robotnik?  NOA stuck with Bowser.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #216 on: February 09, 2008, 10:21:16 PM »
LEAVE ROBOTNIK ALONE! *sobs*

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #217 on: February 09, 2008, 11:08:55 PM »
NOA however didn't stick with Toadstool.
That was a joke.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #218 on: February 09, 2008, 11:14:40 PM »
Yes, and no.   Today, the Toadstool name is accepted as the Princess' last name.  It makes sense since most of her subjects are anthropomorphic toadstools
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #219 on: February 09, 2008, 11:46:08 PM »
I forgot if I posted to this thread. I like the name Princess Toadstool better than Peach (but it's a mouthful, so I say Princess). I like the name Bowser better than Koopa. I like the name Robotnik better than Eggman. But I like Kuribo better than Goomba, Kinopio better than Toad (although I don't give a rat's tooth about him), and Purin better than Jigglypuff.

Shadowbrain, I nominate Krystal for the next "LEAVE _____ ALONE!". Or Fox or Jigglypuff or Geno or Toad. Is there a word for hating and sympathizing with someone at the same time?
Except for Tingle (Zelda MM) and Slippy Toad (SF64).

I want to see Fara Phoenix in some form, anything, any small role, either in a Smash Bros. game or Star Fox game, sometime in the future. I don't care if the comics aren't canon, there's Fara fans out there, darn it.
You didn't say wot wot.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #220 on: February 10, 2008, 12:03:30 AM »
I'm good with the localized names, except shortening Princess Toadstool to Toadstool (Super Mario RPG) was cool. Purin's voice drives me up the wall. I can't STAND it when it does its Final Smash. It reminds me of this bratty x 12 girl I knew in middle school... Jigglypuff's is more suited for the little puffity thing it is.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #221 on: February 10, 2008, 07:45:46 AM »
I want to see Fara Phoenix in some form, anything, any small role, either in a Smash Bros. game or Star Fox game, sometime in the future. I don't care if the comics aren't canon, there's Fara fans out there, darn it.
Wait... who's he/she?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #222 on: February 10, 2008, 08:30:10 AM »
Yes, and no.   Today, the Toadstool name is accepted as the Princess' last name.  It makes sense since most of her subjects are anthropomorphic toadstools

...and it's confirmed in both Sonic Adventures that Eggman's full name is Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik. Both of them are canonical names. Tell SushieBoy I can call Eggman what ever I want.

« Reply #223 on: February 10, 2008, 01:26:27 PM »
Wait... who's he/she?
Fara Phoenix was from the Star Fox comics (American version, seen in Nintendo Power), chief test pilot for the Arwing (how convenient), and was hinted at being Fox's love interest. The comics briefly followed the story of the SNES game, but quickly went in its own direction. At least it has James speaking to his son Fox from a space whale.

That's actually the first thing I remember: my first issue of Nintendo Power was at Act 8 of the comics, with the space whale and the battle on Fortuna (and a brief appearance by Fara). I was so bummed when I subscribed to Nintendo Power and the second issue I got was JUST after the comics ended. So really early on I was hooked on these comics, even though I hadn't played the game yet at the time, and for five years I wondered who that vixen was. Found the comics on DarkFox's Domain, then vulpes.org, then sfx64.com, and now most recently on Arwing Landing. I've been with Star Fox since near the beginning.

Star Fox comics
Page which lets you look at the American, German (translated to English), or Japanese (translated to English) comics. The latter two are based off Star Fox 64

By the way, those scans of the American comic are legendary. Flawless, huge, clear as crystal.

Maybe it is pointless to hate either Fara or Krystal, and just silently accept that Fara's never coming back. But yeah, it's another one of those "who is better" debates that never ends.

Speaking of comics, from what I remember there was also a Super Metroid comic (check it out over at the Metroid Database), a Blast Corps comic, a Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire comic, and a bunch of Nester comics. Nester appeared in Pilotwings 64 as Lark. It'd be a lovely bit of nostalgia to see a trophy of Lark in his hang glider in the next Smash Bros. game.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 01:50:00 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #224 on: February 10, 2008, 04:57:42 PM »
penguinwizard, Fara actually was in the first build of Star Fox 2. At any rate, she belongs to the old continuity. When they made Star Fox 64, they rebooted the series. The SNES game, the Benimaru Itoh comic, and Star Fox 2 belong in their own continuity, and don't coincide with the one started in Star Fox 64. Course, that doesn't stop them from using the good music in Smash Bros.
That was a joke.

Print