Print

Author Topic: What New Brawl Things Do You Want?  (Read 58598 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #240 on: April 01, 2008, 07:05:48 PM »
Randomized/controlled intros (like taunts/victory poses) would be cool.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #241 on: April 01, 2008, 07:24:14 PM »
You can control victory poses with B, X ad Y. For example, holding X at a match's end as a victorious Ness always gets you the bat. Y gets you jump-jump-nod-nod, and B gets him to look around and scratch his head. This could be done in Melee, too, but I don't know about the original...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #242 on: April 01, 2008, 08:37:06 PM »
I want a level where the gravity randomly changes. Your plying on the bottom of the screen, then your playing on the side, then your playing on the top.
Spear Pillar, anyone?
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #243 on: April 01, 2008, 08:56:26 PM »
Spear Pillar does satisfy some of those things, but the fact that the controls essentially reverse at the same time is NOT FUN.

« Reply #244 on: April 01, 2008, 10:31:07 PM »
This could be done in Melee, too, but I don't know about the original...
As far as I know, the original game had only one taunt per character.
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #245 on: April 01, 2008, 10:33:07 PM »
I'm talking about victory poses, and they have always had three of them.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #246 on: April 01, 2008, 10:34:41 PM »
Oh, you mean after you win.  Then I guess I never tried controlling that, but for all I know it could be possible.
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #247 on: April 01, 2008, 11:14:45 PM »
Spear Pillar does satisfy some of those things, but the fact that the controls essentially reverse at the same time is NOT FUN.

Things like that are hilarious for me and my friends when they come over and play. Stages like that one along with WarioWare, Halberd, Norfair, Rumble Falls, PictoChat, and so on can only be enjoyed to the fullest with friends. I mean.... fighting over the safe spot in Norfair before the lava tidal wave kills you is really exiting. Along with dodging the cross hairs of the doubled barreled cannon in Halberd and throwing others into the blast is hilarious. And getting out of the cave section in Spear Pillar before the beam kills you is awesome.... I think I'm getting off topic..

You can control victory poses with B, X ad Y. For example, holding X at a match's end as a victorious Ness always gets you the bat. Y gets you jump-jump-nod-nod, and B gets him to look around and scratch his head. This could be done in Melee, too, but I don't know about the original...

I can almost guarantee that it works in the original with the C buttons.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #248 on: April 03, 2008, 09:13:46 PM »
I think it's about time we get a Puzzle Collection stage type of deal. It would be similar to Flat Zone 2 but it would cycle through games such as Puzzle League, Dr. Mario, Yoshi's Cookie, Polarium, and Picross. It would be a perfect excuse to bring back Dr. Mario and bring in Lip as a lol obscure/random character with high requirements to unlock and both could share the stage in Classic and All Star.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #249 on: April 04, 2008, 05:38:26 AM »
Polarium blows, but you've got something there...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #250 on: April 04, 2008, 10:03:01 AM »
What are you talking about? Polarium was awesome. Also, Mr. Wiggles, you forgot Meteos (which definitely should've appeared somewhere in Brawl, considering that Sakurai worked on the game and all...at least there's a Geolyte in the game, albeit a miscolored one) and maybe Magnetica.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #251 on: April 04, 2008, 06:31:05 PM »
ShadowBrain just doesn't know much about video games, that's all.
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #252 on: April 05, 2008, 07:07:12 AM »
I still want a stage full of giant floating Nintendo hardware. That could've easily worked as a stage for ROB.

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #253 on: April 05, 2008, 05:06:50 PM »
I think it's about time we get a Puzzle Collection stage type of deal. It would be similar to Flat Zone 2 but it would cycle through games such as Puzzle League, Dr. Mario, Yoshi's Cookie, Polarium, and Picross. It would be a perfect excuse to bring back Dr. Mario and bring in Lip as a lol obscure/random character with high requirements to unlock and both could share the stage in Classic and All Star.

Awesome idea, but I would included Tetris. The game's music is in Brawl, after all.
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #254 on: April 06, 2008, 10:24:58 PM »
I agree with the puzzle stage idea as well as the hardware one.

It's happened as a battle stage in Mario Kart Double Dash!! (well, GameCube, at least), so why not?
Ditto used Machop!

Print