Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Galaxy was...(Lots of spoilers)  (Read 6107 times)

« on: November 23, 2007, 10:59:52 AM »
Well, when you beat it with Mario, all you get it Luigi. Luigi's version of the game isn't even different. Just some different level names (so they make more sense with Luigi), and some other text changes. Of course, it is nice that what you get when you beat it with Mario and Luigi...

But still, it was a bit to...easy. Not trying to brag. It had a lot of hard parts, but the second round with Luigi was insanely easy. I remember seeing that Luigi's mode was hard mode. However, it is actually easier. He jumps higher and runs faster. The only downside is that he slides, but that is barely ever bothersome. It took be 2 days to completely beat it. Now I already finished the game. I'm getting a little worried that I'm either getting too good, or that the games are getting too easy.

Don't get me wrong. The game was really fun. But the post-game things are a little lackluster. I wish they had like...1000 orange coins hidden all over the galaxy or something. Something that kept the fun.

What did you think of Galaxy?

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 11:46:44 AM »
If you think your so good, try to beat Rosalina mode.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 02:28:04 PM »
I don't think it was meant to be harder--it was more of a way to artificially extend the game. If anything, his improved skills are just a reward for beating the game with the stubby Mario. And yes, it is incredibly lazy how little of the game they bothered to change when you play as Luigi. There's some nonsensical cutscene at the end when you beat the game with Mario with 120 stars, and then you actually rescue... Luigi. Whatever.

And also yes, the game is easy. Someone please just erase my memory and warp me back to the 90's so I can have fun again...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 03:03:34 PM »
It was a good balance of easy and hard. You die much more than in past Mario games, but you also get many more 1-Ups. If you want Games Over, avoid 1-Ups. As for laziness involving Luigi, none of the things that weren't changed affect the gameplay. You want laziness in controlling another character that makes things suck, look at Yoshi in Sunshine.

ShadowBrain, how long will you exaggerate any con that you can and become blind to how insurmountable the pros are in comparison? Or just get things completely wrong... what's with the idea that Mario sidescrollers were hard? Super Mario Bros. and World are WORLDS easier than SMG. At least, to a seasoned SMW player. Dare I say SMW was less fun...? It has reigned as my favorite game ever since I first played Nintendo. Nah, I won't go that far.

Besides, hardness and fun are not directly related. That's why amusement park rides don't have difficult controls. A challenge is good for a game, yes, and Galaxy offers plenty of challenging stars and galaxies (Luigi's Purple Coins = Satan). The hardest thing I can think of for SMW is... getting to Soda Lake.

Lastly, end the whining, PLEASE. If you so badly want to go back to the '90s, turn on your SNES. Is it me or has everything you've said against SMG been countered with facts? I'm just beginning to think you've never actually played Galaxy at all.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 03:11:03 PM »
There's some nonsensical cutscene at the end when you beat the game with Mario with 120 stars, and then you actually rescue... Luigi. Whatever.

No. Rosalina just steps up onto that platform with 3 Lumas following her and says something, then it shows a little area and the White Luma comes from behind it and waves. Then you get Luigi.
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2007, 11:13:49 PM »
Yeah, that was the scene I was referring to.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2007, 01:05:24 AM »
What's so nonsensical about revealing that the white Luma did not actually die?
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2007, 09:30:12 AM »
Wait, that was the whole point? ...Criminy, the end of OoT made more sense than this...

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2007, 01:35:02 PM »
OoT had just about the simplest ending ever. Link beats Ganon, Zelda and the Six Sages seal him inside the Evil Realm, Zelda apologizes for Link's troubles and creates the split timeline by sending Link to the past to fully live his life. It's then that young Link and Zelda "bring Ganondorf to justice" before he can do anything, and what happens after that is explained in Twilight Princess. In the timeline after Link beats Ganon, everyone goes to Lon Lon Ranch and parties while the sages (except Rauru) observe. In this timeline, The Wind Waker happens.

In SMG, Bowser's new Galaxy is destroyed and implodes. All the Lumas from the starship get sucked into it. Rosalina explains that stars never really die and that they become stardust, which becomes new celestial bodies and stuff, in a cycle. But the cycle is never the same. The Mushroom Kingdom is back to normal (with lots of space visitors), and Mario welcomes the new galaxy formed when Bowser's imploded, which seems to be made mostly of ? blocks seen in another galaxy...
In the second scene, after you've gotten all 120 stars, Rosalina is shown to be watching over The Mushroom Kingdom, and the white Luma is shown to have not been made a planet or something.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2007, 01:48:32 PM »
If you think your so good, try to beat Rosalina mode.

It was so easy I skipped right past it.

volbound1700

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2007, 10:24:47 PM »
What is with this game being easy?  I mean it hasn't been hard but I have struggled a couple of times to beat some levels.

The Stingray riding was tough at first

The levels where you pay stars to lumas and they create galaxies are very tough (especially the second one where you use those gray things to pull back and release you and go from one to another.  You have to be very accurate, inch off and you are dead.

Swimming is tough (although the swim test stage was the easiest star ever, just sit and wait and they come by then get gold shell). 
Go Vols!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2007, 11:18:13 PM »
The Stingray riding was tough at first
Well, what it is is that the ray bounces all over the place, then you overcompensate with the remote and fall off the edge. It doesn't matter, though, because I spent almost the entire race on the Loopdeloop/Loopdeswoop Galaxy not accelerating and I still get there with a minute to spare. Too easy, yes, but maybe it's an apology for the insanely frustrating squid races in SMS...

volbound1700

• Banned
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2007, 12:36:07 PM »
I already beat it just saying it was tough. 

The boss stages are way too easy though. 
Go Vols!

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2007, 02:35:43 PM »
...Except Bouldergeist Daredevil. >.<times 100000

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2007, 07:08:51 PM »
Well, what it is is that the ray bounces all over the place, then you overcompensate with the remote and fall off the edge. It doesn't matter, though, because I spent almost the entire race on the Loopdeloop/Loopdeswoop Galaxy not accelerating and I still get there with a minute to spare. Too easy, yes, but maybe it's an apology for the insanely frustrating squid races in SMS...

The squid races in SMS were easier. At least to control.
I already beat it just saying it was tough. 

The boss stages are way too easy though. 
Like I said before, I thought it was easy with some hard parts. And yes, the boss battles were very easier.

...Except Bouldergeist Daredevil. >.<times 100000

That was hard. However, I found a little trick to beat him really quick.

Print