Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Galaxy sequel?  (Read 7955 times)

« on: November 23, 2007, 11:09:25 AM »
Call me weird, but I think there is a sequel.

At the end of Galaxy, Rosalina talks about how the circle of life repeats itself. (With stars). Then she's like..."You'll see".

Later, Mario's like..."WELCOME! WELCOME NEW GALAXY!!!"

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 11:32:23 AM »
I'm not sure about a direct sequel, like Super Mario Galaxy 2: Monkeys in Outer Space, but I do believe there will be a new installment in the 3D Mario series.
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 11:56:52 AM »
I'm not sure about a direct sequel, like Super Mario Galaxy 2: Monkeys in Outer Space, but I do believe there will be a new installment in the 3D Mario series.

HAHAHAHAHA monkeys in outer space. But anyways yah id have to agree with him im sure they'll do somthing diffrent then Super Mario Galaxy 2
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 01:38:51 PM »
I assumed she said that because you get to play it again as Luigi
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 01:50:49 PM »
imo, if the first game focuses on space, the second should focus on time; and I don't mean in a edutainment way (Mario's Time Machine).
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2007, 02:30:28 PM »
At the end of Galaxy, Rosalina talks about how the circle of life repeats itself. (With stars). Then she's like..."You'll see". Later, Mario's like..."WELCOME! WELCOME NEW GALAXY!!!"
That totally made no sense...

I assumed she said that because you get to play it again as Luigi
Good point...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2007, 02:34:20 PM »
No. It's because he'd learn over time in his adventures. Luigi's story is pretty much Mario didn't ever go into space, but Luigi did.
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2007, 03:16:06 PM »
Mario games never need direct sequels.

I don't like how there's only ever one Mario platformer, and one Mario RPG per Nintendo system, since the 64. The NES had three, and if you count YI (I don't think I would) the SNES had two. Another one on the GameCube could have worked off of SMSu's engine but with no FLUDD and a different setting and been a much better game overall. Another Mario platformer on the Wii could use SMG's engine (probably without spinning) in another setting. Maybe just the Mushroom Kingdom, with the castle still present. It's not too late.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2007, 03:31:20 PM »
Also, when you beat the game you should be able to visit Peach or whoever you rescue instead of them just going missing again until the end scene.
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2007, 03:32:44 PM »
I don't like how there's only ever one Mario platformer, and one Mario RPG per Nintendo system, since the 64.

That might be because every new system has practically 10 other Mario spin offs.
Let's burn some stuff and call it science.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2007, 04:41:04 PM »
And I don't like that either. Maybe it's just because most of my gaming time is spent alone. Super Smash Bros. and Mario Kart are all the multiplayer I need, and those have one game per system with REAL IMPROVEMENTS each time. Spin-offs really don't need multiple releases per system. Mario Party could do with just one per console, each making the best use of the console's abilities (like Mario Kart does). I can't BELIEVE MP8 didn't have Wi-Fi. I'll buy the first Wii MP that does. But it seems Hudson is only concerned with making Mario Party last as long as possible so they can make money off the dolts who buy them all, and therefore must put off features to make each slightly more appealing than the previous. That's so sad.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2007, 06:05:09 PM »
I'd seriously kill for a Mario Party that compiles all the mini-games from the first three.

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2007, 06:07:47 PM »
i think she said that because at the end,  everything exploded. and i'm assuming everything was recreated or something

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2007, 11:08:13 PM »
Mario games never need direct sequels.

I don't like how there's only ever one Mario platformer, and one Mario RPG per Nintendo system, since the 64. The NES had three, and if you count YI (I don't think I would) the SNES had two. Another one on the GameCube could have worked off of SMSu's engine but with no FLUDD and a different setting and been a much better game overall. Another Mario platformer on the Wii could use SMG's engine (probably without spinning) in another setting. Maybe just the Mushroom Kingdom, with the castle still present. It's not too late.
Well, naturally, Miyamoto kept lying his butt off about "Mario 128" being on the GCN, but no matter...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2007, 01:37:11 AM »
Well, naturally, Miyamoto kept lying his butt off about "Mario 128" being on the GCN, but no matter...
SM128 was a Tech demo that eventually became Pikmin, SMG, and at least one other game(s) that I might've failed to mention.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print