Print

Author Topic: BEST IN SERIES? Week 6: Bowser's Level  (Read 9240 times)

« on: March 02, 2008, 07:14:14 AM »
Whether it's his castle, or his galaxy, Bowser has always had his own nasty level, sometimes a test of your skills, or a simplistic hike. This does not have to refer to the final level, which means you could count Bowser's Castle in Super Mario RPG, if you wanted. Let the voting begin!

Votes...

Super Mario Bros 3 (1)

Winners:
WEEK 1(Attacks): Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga
WEEK 2(Final Boss Battle): Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.
WEEK 3(Music): Super Mario Galaxy
WEEK 4(Underwater Levels): Super Mario World
WEEK 5(Powerups): Super Mario Bros 3

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 07:30:45 AM »
I'll never be able to forget his castle from World 1-4 in the first Super Mario Bros. game (those rotating fire bar things were intimidating). So I say Super Mario Bros.
You didn't say wot wot.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 07:45:55 AM »
Super Mario World.

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 12:01:10 PM »
Bowser's Castle from Paper Mario (N64). That castle was flippin' epic.
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 12:33:15 PM »
I have to say Paper Mario.  It was so big!  Bowser pretty much had everything planed out.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 12:42:55 PM »
Well... I think the Bowser stage(s) in Mario Galaxy. I mean, they were pretty easy (Dark Matter Galaxy, though...) and I've played/seen others play the final level literally about ten times (once to unlock the Purple Coin challenges, once again to unlock Luigi, twice more to repeat those last two for Luigi, all those previously listed again when I saw my brother do it, and two or three more times between the two of us just for kicks), but they're still totally epic.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 12:52:49 PM by ShadowBrain »
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 02:24:58 PM »
I'd have to go with Paper Mario.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 02:38:26 PM »
The final castle in New Super Mario Bros is really, really cool, and all three Bowser areas in Super Mario Galaxy are AWESOME. Need I say more?
Bowser and Bowser Jr: best villains EVER.

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2008, 02:58:12 PM »
Super Mario Bros. 3: It's alright.
Super Mario World: It's pretty good.
Super Mario 64: Great, but it's not really that challenging.
Super Mario Sunshine: I don't think you can count whatever crud Bowser bought off eBay to be a level.
New Super Mario Bros: It's so easy, I could beat it with my eyes closed.
Super Mario Galaxy: It's fine.

I think Super Mario 64 wins.

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 03:35:50 PM »
Yoshis island had one of the greatest final boss levels of any Mario game of all time.
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2008, 03:41:13 PM »
Ah, finally I can vote in this topic! I'm gonna say Paper Mario. It's too bad that the Shadow's Queen's crib wasn't a Bowser level, though. :(
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2008, 04:10:54 PM »
I do really like the challenges behind all the doors in SMRPG's Bowser's (er, Smithy's?) Castle, but I've always really had a special spot in my heart for 8-4 of Super Mario Bros. 2 (JPN).

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2008, 04:25:06 PM »
Ah, finally I can vote in this topic! I'm gonna say Paper Mario. It's too bad that the Shadow's Queen's crib wasn't a Bowser level, though. :(

U think his Castle in the first PM was more memorable.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2008, 05:39:24 PM »
No, 'cause there is no Bowser level in Paper Mario:TTYD. What I'm saying is the Shadow Queen palace in PM2 was better than Bowser's stage in PM.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2008, 07:40:05 PM »
Galaxy; it really represented the hazardous Bowser levels of older games, but in 3D, and that walk up to the final battle of the game was NOTHING SHORT OF EPIC.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Print