Print

Author Topic: It's almost here!!!  (Read 16475 times)

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« on: March 06, 2008, 05:15:06 PM »
As we all know, Brawl will be released in less than 3 days, and I'm pretty sure we are all excited about it. So, as the countdown begins, I made this post for all you guys to talk freely about the game, i.e., what you guys think it will be like, or if it will be better than the previous installments. It's basically a shout box for you guys to say whatever you want about Brawl.

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 05:19:24 PM »
Jeff and I will be going to Nintendo World in New York City to purchase it the night of the midnight release (We're positive there'll be one).

Pictures will be taken. =3
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 05:20:43 PM »
I don't have a Wii yet. :(
Ditto used Machop!

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 05:32:01 PM »
I pre-ordered it. :D
Bowser and Bowser Jr: best villains EVER.

silverstarman

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 06:47:38 PM »
Jeff and I will be going to Nintendo World in New York City to purchase it the night of the midnight release (We're positive there'll be one).

Pictures will be taken. =3

Man, lucky. I'll be getting it the day of release, but I probably have to wait a little longer, because I live in MA.

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 06:51:13 PM »
haha, I just started thinking about how there's no way I'll be getting this at release.

Because I'll have school, most likely homework, a lot of other stuff I'm busy with, and my house is over a mile away from any store that sells video games at this point.

I'll probably wait until my spring break or on some weekend. Even then, I doubt I'll get it until like near the end of the year... because that's the way I am a lot of times.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 07:33:56 PM »
I pre-ordered also. My birthday is two days after the release, so it'll be a cool birthday gift.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 07:40:13 PM »
Imagine if on March 8th the pushed it back to April?
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

silverstarman

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 07:46:28 PM »

Don't even joke like that, man.

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 07:48:47 PM »
Hope you enjoy it guys, I won't be joining you until June (or later). I HATE NINTENDO OF AUSTRALIA. THEY ARE LAZY AND ARE WORTH THE EFFORT OF PUTTING ON CAPS LOCK AND SCREAMING AT THEM.

I currently don't have the monetary funds to place a chip inside my Wii console, and my family is point-blank refusing to get one for my birthday, and they're telling me to wait until the 12 month warranty runs out; which, in any case, is too late to make any difference to my Brawl debut.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 07:49:46 PM »
I have a Brawl party all planned after release, with my brother and some friends. We even already have the pizza pre-ordered. I hope I can fit in some practice brawls before the tournaments...

silverstarman

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2008, 07:50:43 PM »
I want to experience the game on my own first. I don't know why. It's just like that I suppose.

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2008, 08:10:59 PM »
That won't happen. Trust me.

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2008, 08:36:17 PM »
I reserved mine's at GameCrazy and they're holding a tournament Saturday night. I'm attending and I'll probably play it safe and use Mario or Ike.

Also plan on blowing off work to play it on Sunday.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2008, 08:41:28 PM »
That won't happen. Trust me.
It won't happen because they would have pushed the release date like, before now. Pushing it days before release just doesn't make sense, especially since they are nearly done and ready to release it. (You know, since it's already released in Japan.)
I'm a horrible person.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2008, 08:41:39 PM »
Captain Jim and I are going to get our copies at GameStop at midnight, then come to my place and play it until ludicrously late. No tournament, though. Just unlocking things with cheetah speed.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

silverstarman

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2008, 08:54:18 PM »
I'm drooling over my keyboard for this. I reserved mine at gamestop. I'll probably pick it up after mass.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2008, 08:57:22 PM »
Captain Jim and I are going to get our copies at GameStop at midnight, then come to my place and play it until ludicrously late. No tournament, though. Just unlocking things with cheetah speed.
Remember the more human players there are the faster you onlock stuff. Seriously, EX: If you are trying to unlock Lucario (you have to play 100 VS. Matches) if there are 4 human players playing you only have to play 25 matches to unlock Lucario.

silverstarman

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2008, 09:08:19 PM »
At least they were easier with unlocking stuff via Vs. Mode, unlike having to play 1000(!) to unlock Mr. Game & Watch in Melee.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2008, 09:22:25 PM »
Midnight launch at GameCrazy, baby.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2008, 11:47:58 PM »
"Unlocking things with cheetah speed", cute. I remember in one of the December issues for Nintendo Power, they were promoting some games that were great for New Year's Day, and then let loose with some secrets on how to unlock stuff, as if the only thing on your mind New Year's Day was to unlock stuff in new games. But that seems to be the way these days: you hear about all sorts of cool goodies within the game, then play it solely for unlocking the stuff rather than enjoying the game. Unless the unlockables are at the end of the game. Or in the case of Smash Bros Melee, some of the unlockables are by completing Classic/Adventure mode with every combatant, getting a trophy of each one along the way.

So in other words, once I get a Wii and Brawl, I'll be unlocking all the stuff I can, and THEN I'll be able to enjoy it. Just because I want to play as a certain secret character. I'll enjoy exploring the trophies from every imaginable angle in the meantime.

Wonder if you can cheat by plugging in four controllers, setting everyone to human, 1 stock battle, then just you beat the stuffing out of the motionless combatants. Lucario in no time.

Hey, check this out: http://youtube.com/watch?v=rHEDT-BWF9I
Sonic with the Bunny Ears item can actually outrun the F-Zero racers on Big Blue (2P on the right). Captain Falcon (4P) can't keep up. Comments suggest it's some sort of loving tribute to Sonic's speed, since it's an impressive demonstration of how fast he can run.

And if anyone's interested in a hack job where characters have different movesets (yet also look really different), the first part of three is here. Part 2 has Mario with Olimar's moveset, so he looks and moves like a penguin, and Part 3 has Peach with Sonic's moveset, which turns her into one of the scariest things I've ever seen:
Part 1: http://youtube.com/watch?v=8ZDgjjDnWLM
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 12:52:58 AM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2008, 02:50:26 AM »
At 4:34 of the last vid begins the scariest thing I have ever witnessed. (your last link, part 1, not part 3)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 03:02:54 AM by Lizard Dude »

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2008, 02:52:10 AM »
Holy moly, you weren't kidding! Some of my suitemates and myself laughed our heads off at the lanky Pikachu and the utterly creepy Peach.

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2008, 03:33:29 AM »
Lanky Pikachu reminds me of what it might be like to have Doshin the Giant as a playable fighter.

around 2:52 in Part 3 has Snake with Captain Falcon's moveset. It's strange, although Captain Falcon's said to embody manliness, Snake looks like a complete doofus when mimicking the Captain's moves.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2008, 11:01:10 AM »
I proudly announce that I am doing absolutely nothing special to celebrate the release of the game!

...Other than run around and scream with excitement when I buy the game, of course.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2008, 03:09:10 PM »
I'm likely going to continue complaining about it for a while until I get it a month after it comes out and then start rambling about how cool it is all the time.
every

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2008, 07:03:17 PM »
I preordered it back in August off of Amazon.com. I don't mind waiting for shipping.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2008, 08:00:26 PM »
But that seems to be the way these days: you hear about all sorts of cool goodies within the game, then play it solely for unlocking the stuff rather than enjoying the game.

More like, I'd rather not rush through the Subspace Emissary to unlock everyone. Multiplayer games should already have everything ready to play, anyway--that's the whole fun of playing. "No, you can't use the rook until you've captured five pawns." WTD?

I preordered it back in August off of Amazon.com. I don't mind waiting for shipping.
Yes you do.
It's YOUR problem!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2008, 08:46:40 PM »
I just watched those YouTube videos, and I sincerely hope Nintendo makes Giant Pikachu, Crab Link, Sleepwalking Sonic, and Horrible Claw Peach playable characters in SSB4.
every

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2008, 08:51:59 PM »
I just watched those YouTube videos, and I sincerely hope Nintendo makes Giant Pikachu, Crab Link, Sleepwalking Sonic, and Horrible Claw Peach playable characters in SSB4.
what are you talking about, any links?

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2008, 09:01:50 PM »
Try the link at the end of penguinwizard's post.
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2008, 09:19:34 PM »
I want to experience the game on my own first. I don't know why. It's just like that I suppose.

I'm gonna do this too; when I first play it, I'm locking myself in my room. Mwahahaha....

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2008, 11:35:44 PM »
I intentionally didn't link to Parts 2 or 3, kind of downplaying it, because I didn't want people to think "screw Mario, I want to play as Olimario (Olimar + Mario)!" and then lamenting that the game's not as cool anymore because they don't have the thing that made those hacks possible (someone suggested that it could damage your game and Wii if you tried the hack). Yes, creepy Peach with claws should be the end boss for Smash Bros. 4 (or make a cameo in The Grudge 3... trust me, one day that film will exist). But don't get your hopes up because the characters aren't supposed to look that way.

I'm amazed that Lucario + Mario looks near-flawless though.
You didn't say wot wot.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2008, 12:37:13 AM »
(someone suggested that it could damage your game and Wii if you tried the hack).
It's paranoia, the same type that keeps AOL in business.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2008, 08:00:15 AM »
Tomorrow... God will say "Let there be Brawl!"

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2008, 12:26:50 PM »
Tomorrow... God will say "Let there be Brawl!"
X-Box fanboy: Yeah, well why is your puny Nintendo Wii better then our 3manly?

Nintendo fanboy: Because God makes games exclusively for our console, meaning he likes it better! You wouldn't want to make God angry, would you?

X-Box fanboy: "God makes games exclusively for our console"? What kind of response is that?

*Lightning zaps the X-box fanboy*

Ironically enough, SSBB comes out on the Sabbath day (if you're a Christian/Jew, that is).
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2008, 12:59:42 PM »
Yup... I only said that for the sheer humor. But I am angry cause I have to wait 3-5 business days (in other words,3-5 weekdays). Plus, they ship the preorders on MONDAY!!!

This better be worth the da** wait. Close to 2 years.

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2008, 01:05:27 PM »
Hm, so Jeff called Nintendo World and it turns out they aren't having a midnight launch, so instead we're going to a Best Buy which is having one, as well as a tournament.

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2008, 01:09:34 PM »
Cool.

silverstarman

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2008, 04:03:57 PM »
The GameStop I pre-ordered from is having one, but I'm not going.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2008, 04:59:15 PM »
Well, I'm going to the Game Crazy one in about fifteen minutes.

:D
Ditto used Machop!

« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2008, 05:02:33 PM »
Unfortunately, since the Gamestop I have is in a mall, I have to go at 10. But hey, I hope it's like when I got Pearl (When there were like 10 people in the entire mall.)

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2008, 06:04:18 PM »
I'm not getting the game for obvious reasons. However, my boyfriend is and and is letting me come with him when he joins the tournament and gets the game. Afterwards, we'll go to his house where we'll (hopefully) enjoy some co-op SSE. *packs a GCN controller*
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2008, 06:09:33 PM »
Ironically enough, SSBB comes out on the Sabbath day (if you're a Christian/Jew, that is).
No, it comes out on Sunday.  The traditional Sabbath day is Saturday (or technically Friday night/Saturday daytime).

silverstarman

« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2008, 07:00:32 PM »
Man, church is going to be killer. Since I'm picking the game up straight after, I'll be sitting at church being "oh man, when does this end?!?"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2008, 07:07:42 PM »
Man, church is going to be killer. Since I'm picking the game up straight after, I'll be sitting at church being "oh man, when does this end?!?"
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2008, 07:14:51 PM »

Well, then just don't go. If your family is making you go, tell them you don't want to. If they're still making you go after that, then you're out of luck. :/

If your picking it up after church though, you might as well just sit at home and say "Man, when are they getting back?" >:)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 07:17:03 PM by PaperLuigi »

silverstarman

« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2008, 08:39:24 PM »
I'd still have to wait, because my GameStop is in a mall, and it doesn't open until 11.

kirbyman

• Tourette's
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2008, 09:12:31 PM »
That's weird. At GameStop, it's getting released at Midnight at my place.

« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2008, 09:13:34 PM »
because my GameStop is in a mall, and it doesn't open until 11.

« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2008, 09:18:23 PM »
I'm getting it tomorrow at precisely 1:00(PM)!!!

:D  :D  :D

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2008, 10:06:59 PM »
I decided not to go, since a storm came.
Ditto used Machop!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2008, 11:02:22 PM »
As of now it's out. You guys can now shut up.

« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2008, 03:26:15 AM »
Yeah... Now let's start talking about more Super Mario Advance changes!
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

silverstarman

« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2008, 11:47:39 AM »
That's weird. At GameStop, it's getting released at Midnight at my place.

The mall closed Saturday night at 11, and people entered at 10 for the tourney and stayed at GameSTop until midnight. Nobody could enter the mall after 11, and there were security guards there to let you out.

« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2008, 03:04:47 PM »
Purchased the game, I'll make a post about it a little later.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2008, 03:06:35 PM »
Have I told you guys I must wait until tomorrow?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2008, 04:18:26 PM »
Have I told you all I have yet to get a Wii even? >.>
Ditto used Machop!

« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2008, 06:18:23 PM »
This game is decent. When does Super Smash Bros. Carnage come out?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2008, 06:52:49 PM »
I hear SSBC will feature Pitfall Harry, Bomberman, Geno, Astro Boy, Pac-Man, Gandalf the White, Asterix, and Professor Layton as playable characters.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2008, 07:06:22 PM »
I hear SSBC will feature Pitfall Harry, Bomberman, Geno, Astro Boy, Pac-Man, Gandalf the White, Asterix, and Professor Layton as playable characters.
No Megaman?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2008, 07:27:14 PM »
He's unlockable (and by the way, there's a space in his name). Those are all available at the start.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2008, 09:04:42 PM »
They got rid of Mario?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2008, 09:55:14 PM »
No way. Those are just new characters.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2008, 11:40:31 AM »
I got the game and a little Wario plush at the midnight launch/tournament at the mall
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print