Print

Author Topic: It's almost here!!!  (Read 16472 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2008, 08:41:39 PM »
Captain Jim and I are going to get our copies at GameStop at midnight, then come to my place and play it until ludicrously late. No tournament, though. Just unlocking things with cheetah speed.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2008, 08:54:18 PM »
I'm drooling over my keyboard for this. I reserved mine at gamestop. I'll probably pick it up after mass.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2008, 08:57:22 PM »
Captain Jim and I are going to get our copies at GameStop at midnight, then come to my place and play it until ludicrously late. No tournament, though. Just unlocking things with cheetah speed.
Remember the more human players there are the faster you onlock stuff. Seriously, EX: If you are trying to unlock Lucario (you have to play 100 VS. Matches) if there are 4 human players playing you only have to play 25 matches to unlock Lucario.
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2008, 09:08:19 PM »
At least they were easier with unlocking stuff via Vs. Mode, unlike having to play 1000(!) to unlock Mr. Game & Watch in Melee.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2008, 09:22:25 PM »
Midnight launch at GameCrazy, baby.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2008, 11:47:58 PM »
"Unlocking things with cheetah speed", cute. I remember in one of the December issues for Nintendo Power, they were promoting some games that were great for New Year's Day, and then let loose with some secrets on how to unlock stuff, as if the only thing on your mind New Year's Day was to unlock stuff in new games. But that seems to be the way these days: you hear about all sorts of cool goodies within the game, then play it solely for unlocking the stuff rather than enjoying the game. Unless the unlockables are at the end of the game. Or in the case of Smash Bros Melee, some of the unlockables are by completing Classic/Adventure mode with every combatant, getting a trophy of each one along the way.

So in other words, once I get a Wii and Brawl, I'll be unlocking all the stuff I can, and THEN I'll be able to enjoy it. Just because I want to play as a certain secret character. I'll enjoy exploring the trophies from every imaginable angle in the meantime.

Wonder if you can cheat by plugging in four controllers, setting everyone to human, 1 stock battle, then just you beat the stuffing out of the motionless combatants. Lucario in no time.

Hey, check this out: http://youtube.com/watch?v=rHEDT-BWF9I
Sonic with the Bunny Ears item can actually outrun the F-Zero racers on Big Blue (2P on the right). Captain Falcon (4P) can't keep up. Comments suggest it's some sort of loving tribute to Sonic's speed, since it's an impressive demonstration of how fast he can run.

And if anyone's interested in a hack job where characters have different movesets (yet also look really different), the first part of three is here. Part 2 has Mario with Olimar's moveset, so he looks and moves like a penguin, and Part 3 has Peach with Sonic's moveset, which turns her into one of the scariest things I've ever seen:
Part 1: http://youtube.com/watch?v=8ZDgjjDnWLM
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 12:52:58 AM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2008, 02:50:26 AM »
At 4:34 of the last vid begins the scariest thing I have ever witnessed. (your last link, part 1, not part 3)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 03:02:54 AM by Lizard Dude »

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2008, 02:52:10 AM »
Holy moly, you weren't kidding! Some of my suitemates and myself laughed our heads off at the lanky Pikachu and the utterly creepy Peach.

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2008, 03:33:29 AM »
Lanky Pikachu reminds me of what it might be like to have Doshin the Giant as a playable fighter.

around 2:52 in Part 3 has Snake with Captain Falcon's moveset. It's strange, although Captain Falcon's said to embody manliness, Snake looks like a complete doofus when mimicking the Captain's moves.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2008, 11:01:10 AM »
I proudly announce that I am doing absolutely nothing special to celebrate the release of the game!

...Other than run around and scream with excitement when I buy the game, of course.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2008, 03:09:10 PM »
I'm likely going to continue complaining about it for a while until I get it a month after it comes out and then start rambling about how cool it is all the time.
every

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2008, 07:03:17 PM »
I preordered it back in August off of Amazon.com. I don't mind waiting for shipping.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2008, 08:00:26 PM »
But that seems to be the way these days: you hear about all sorts of cool goodies within the game, then play it solely for unlocking the stuff rather than enjoying the game.

More like, I'd rather not rush through the Subspace Emissary to unlock everyone. Multiplayer games should already have everything ready to play, anyway--that's the whole fun of playing. "No, you can't use the rook until you've captured five pawns." WTD?

I preordered it back in August off of Amazon.com. I don't mind waiting for shipping.
Yes you do.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2008, 08:46:40 PM »
I just watched those YouTube videos, and I sincerely hope Nintendo makes Giant Pikachu, Crab Link, Sleepwalking Sonic, and Horrible Claw Peach playable characters in SSB4.
every

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2008, 08:51:59 PM »
I just watched those YouTube videos, and I sincerely hope Nintendo makes Giant Pikachu, Crab Link, Sleepwalking Sonic, and Horrible Claw Peach playable characters in SSB4.
what are you talking about, any links?
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

Print