Print

Author Topic: Subspace Emissary Discussion (Heavy SSE Spoilers)  (Read 14090 times)

« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2008, 03:32:37 PM »
Oh yeah, forgot about the Dojo. *checks site* Aw, sweet, he's revealed absolutely everything. Or close to it. Complete music list, trophy list, sticker list... awesome, Ludwig von Koopa's a sticker in Brawl!

Hmm, I don't remember the zombie Yoshis from the Mario comics. *checks* Well, I see them as mindless drones in the last act, but that's it. Always surprised me that what's considered the best Super Mario comic ever made has a distinct anime style to it. The later comics didn't have that same kind of look (er, I don't think the Nester comics did either).
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 03:37:04 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2008, 04:16:03 PM »
When i played the SSE, I seriously thought Dedede was one of the bad guys and that they betrayed him.

But as it turns out he was one of the main heroes (who knew?) not only that, but he caused the subspace army to take the Halberd
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2008, 05:04:10 PM »
what's considered the best Super Mario comic ever
What, that German one?
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2008, 11:24:47 PM »
When i played the SSE, I seriously thought Dedede was one of the bad guys and that they betrayed him.
But as it turns out he was one of the main heroes (who knew?) not only that, but he caused the subspace army to take the Halberd
This is often Dedede's role in Kirby games.

« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2008, 03:00:52 PM »
"Ganondorf pretended to swear allegiance to Master Hand, all the while planning to usurp power from within. Bowser is relatively loyal to Master Hand, but he does not care for Ganondorf. Wario cares very little for the actual objective he was given and wants to continue just doing whatever he likes."

You know what bothers me about this post, and the ENTIRE update. This. Does. Not. Explain. PORKY! The only thing he's revealed is that Porky had nothing to do with Tabuu. Well, then what the heck was Porky doing? It was kinda lazy of him to just toss Porky into the fray, although it gives other ideas on if Porky was an independant, army force. Is Giygas somewhere in Our World too???

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2008, 03:04:53 PM »
Porky is actually a mirror image of Pokey from an alternate dimension and the leader of a gang of thugs who look strikingly similar to Primids and Minchbots, and Lucas owes him a huge amount of money.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2008, 03:26:57 PM »
I just think Pokey/Porky/Potato was just generally being a bully in times of greater stress, striking those already in danger (eg: how sad Lucas looked) and Lucas was just in the wrong place in the wrong time.

Now, I know little about Mother 3, but perhaps the reason Lucas was sad was because Claus had died, even in this continuity? It would explain why he's not playable, at least. Mother 3 spoilers by the way.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2008, 11:24:09 PM »
The ROB scene was pretty cool :P

I felt sadddddd then he turned out to be good

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2008, 01:32:44 AM »
Because he turned out to be good, or because his fellow Robots were being controlled to both kill him and destroy the Isle of Ancients?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2008, 09:46:34 AM »
I would assume the latter reason...  but it raises the question...  if he could fight in the first place, why didn't he resist Tabuu/henchmen?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2008, 11:57:07 AM »
Essentially the same reason Zelda surrendered at the beginning of Twilight Princess: a vastly superior force suddenly struck from within, and he didn't want to lose "his brethren" to Tabuu's might.

Subspace, however, doesn't have nearly as decent an explanation as the Twilight.

Print